Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 01:45 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sans ersatz modelisto View Post
WHY should gays be happy with what they have as second class citizens? Did blacks just sit back, shut up, and take their treatment as inferior human beings? Or did they stand up, fight, and DEMAND equal treatment?

By the way, why did you say "gay sex". This topic wasn't about "gay sex". It was about gays and equal rights. Why do so many equate the word "gay" with the word "sex"?
Because gay sex is the crux of the opposition. If it weren't for the repulsion over man having sex with another man, there would be no issue. I thought this much was understood.

I disagree with the second class citizen statement. What is it that you want that you currently have no access to? Water fountains? Lunch counters? Oh wait....you mean you want access to your lovers' 401K account? My fault. I thought you were being discriminated against.

Old 08-31-2009, 01:51 PM

32 posts, read 44,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Because gay sex is the crux of the opposition. If it weren't for the repulsion over man having sex with another man, there would be no issue. I thought this much was understood.

I disagree with the second class citizen statement. What is it that you want that you currently have no access to? Water fountains? Lunch counters? Oh wait....you mean you want access to your lovers' 401K account? My fault. I thought you were being discriminated against.
Right, because gays don't experience that same repulsion toward the act of straight sex? Perhaps I'm just a bit too mature, but I seriously don't get the notion of discriminating against a group of people because you find their sex acts "repulsive".

By the way, I find it quite telling you didn't mention the aspect of a woman having sex with another woman...you know, the frequently forgotten practice known as lesbianism.

And if I am in fact getting married to take advantage of my lovers 401k , I wouldn't be any different from any of these hetero gold diggers and kept men who purposefully marry into wealth in hopes to come out of the marriage with a lump sum.

Moderator cut: rude

Last edited by katzenfreund; 08-31-2009 at 02:35 PM..

Old 08-31-2009, 01:54 PM

By the way, why do straight people even think about gay sex? If you truly are happy, content, and comfortable with your own sexual preference, why the need to point out your revulsion toward someone with a different sexual preference? I am a homosexual and I do not think about sex between women or sex between a man and a woman.

Neither appeals to me, but I would never go as far as to call it revolting. That just shows a healthy dose of ignorance, immaturity, and a lack of compassion.

Old 08-31-2009, 02:00 PM

Moderator cut: rude that now I'm on a roll.

So let me get this straight (no pun intended)....

AeroGuy is suggesting that because he finds sex acts between two men "revolting" that gay men should not be allowed to take advantage of the benefits of marriage.

But he doesn't find it revolting that a serial murderer with a life sentence can get married to anyone he chooses. He doesn't find it revolting that straight people have already made a MOCKERY of this so-called sacred institution of marriage...the divorce rate is over 50%, you have people getting married and then getting divorced in Britney Spears-esque 24 hour wedding ceremonies, and you have people who get married not because they are in love, but because they want to take advantage of the tax breaks and financial benefits that marriage affords.

But, nah, those pesky gays and their disgusting sex acts, they can't be a part of this debaunchery.

Last edited by katzenfreund; 08-31-2009 at 02:36 PM..

Old 08-31-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Moderator cut: rude that now I'm on a roll.

So let me get this straight (no pun intended)....

AeroGuy is suggesting that because he finds sex acts between two men "revolting" that gay men should not be allowed to take advantage of the benefits of marriage.

But he doesn't find it revolting that a serial murderer with a life sentence can get married to anyone he chooses. He doesn't find it revolting that straight people have already made a MOCKERY of this so-called sacred institution of marriage...the divorce rate is over 50%, you have people getting married and then getting divorced in Britney Spears-esque 24 hour wedding ceremonies, and you have people who get married not because they are in love, but because they want to take advantage of the tax breaks and financial benefits that marriage affords.

But, nah, those pesky gays and their disgusting sex acts, they can't be a part of this debaunchery.

Tell ya what. Build yourself a house. But when you build it, make sure that the entire structure is built with only male bolts. No female connectors. When your finished, see how structurally sound your house is. Unless you want to be crushed to death, I wouldn't recommend you spend one single night there. The point? It can't be done without the female part. Sound similar to making babies? Yep, you can't do that either.

There are multitudes of reason why males and females are made for each other. Just because there is a breakdown in society indicating that the institution of marriage is nearly worthless, does not mean that its time to start opening up the spigot to any and everyone who wants a personal gain via financial benefits.

Last edited by katzenfreund; 08-31-2009 at 02:37 PM..

Old 08-31-2009, 02:11 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,034,703 times
Quote:
The problem is that straights by and large, because they are the majority, feel as though they can dictate as to what "normalcy" is. Problem with this train of thinking is that what's normal to you may not be normal to me. Therefore you cannot impose your standard of normalcy upon anyone but yourself.
What do you expect? The majority always dictates what 'normalcy' is. Sure it may not be right or justified, but such is the way of human social behavior.

Quote:
By the way, I find it quite telling you didn't mention the aspect of a woman having sex with another woman...you know, the frequently forgotten practice known as lesbianism.
As a hetero male, it seems like you have me on this one.. It is a double standard that I hold onto for whatever reason. Not sure why homosexuality in women does not bother me, yet the thought of two males being together makes me cringe. Personally, I always felt that two people who love each other should be together. And while in the past I had no issue with gay marriage being legal in this country, a lot of recent actions by gay rights activists have really turned me off to their cause..

And whoever said Cuban women are amazing is right on the money..

Old 08-31-2009, 02:27 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,349,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Tell ya what. Build yourself a house. But when you build it, make sure that the entire structure is built with only male bolts. No female connectors. When your finished, see how structurally sound your house is. Unless you want to be crushed to death, I wouldn't recommend you spend one single night there. The point? It can't be done without the female part. Sound similar to making babies? Yep, you can't do that either.
Huh? This really makes absolutely no sense. Your analogy is one of the most incoherent things I have ever read.
So My Aunt and Uncle were married for 18 years without a kid because my Uncle was physically unable to reproduce. Would you say they shouldn't be married?

Quote:
There are multitudes of reason why males and females are made for each other. Just because there is a breakdown in society indicating that the institution of marriage is nearly worthless, does not mean that its time to start opening up the spigot to any and everyone who wants a personal gain via financial benefits.
There's also a multitude of reasons why men and women should only come together for reproduction. I live with my GF (I'm as straight as they come, I've had dozens of GFs) and I can tell you that I much preferred living with my male buddy. When I go shoot hoops, I want my male buddies with me, not my GF. When I want to relax and let out some steam, it's my buddies that I choose to be with.

In a free society, why do YOU stand in the way of someone's freedom when it has absolutely no impact on your life in any way?

If Sigfried and Roy are married, how does that affect you? It doesn't. But for them it allows all kinds of tax benefits, visitation rights and many other things you probably never even considered. Tell me, why does your immature distaste of gay sex have anything to do the argument?

Old 08-31-2009, 02:31 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
Quote:
I find it so telling the seeming OBSESSION America seems to have with all things gay. You go to western Europe, or south Africa, and parts of Central America where homosexuality is not a big deal, and gays are awarded equal privileges, and people just can't understand what all the fuss is about.

Why is America so obsessed with homosexuality when we have a huge national deficit, incompetant health care system, skyrocketing gas prices and a dependence on foreign oil, and global warming issues, and the highest unemployment rates in years?

To me it seems like the focus is just a bit, off. I think the self righteous ones need to get off their high horses and let people be free to be themselves. Seriously, you always hear how gays try to "push their lifestyles" down others throats, but you see more people trying to deny these people rights than you do the other way around.

What gives?

Gays are OBSESSED!

We are DISGUSTED!

Old 08-31-2009, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug Life View Post
Huh? This really makes absolutely no sense. Your analogy is one of the most incoherent things I have ever read.
So My Aunt and Uncle were married for 18 years without a kid because my Uncle was physically unable to reproduce. Would you say they shouldn't be married?

There's also a multitude of reasons why men and women should only come together for reproduction. I live with my GF (I'm as straight as they come, I've had dozens of GFs) and I can tell you that I much preferred living with my male buddy. When I go shoot hoops, I want my male buddies with me, not my GF. When I want to relax and let out some steam, it's my buddies that I choose to be with.

In a free society, why do YOU stand in the way of someone's freedom when it has absolutely no impact on your life in any way?

If Sigfried and Roy are married, how does that affect you? It doesn't. But for them it allows all kinds of tax benefits, visitation rights and many other things you probably never even considered. Tell me, why does your immature distaste of gay sex have anything to do the argument?
What? Where do I say anything about not gettting married if you can't reproduce? I don't.

"Immature distaste of gay sex?" LOL Apparently i'm not in the minority. Last time I checked 40+ States share the same immaturity with me, at least 30 of which have constitutional amendments outlawing gay marriage. Man and woman were meant to be together. You'll never convince me otherwise.

Old 08-31-2009, 02:34 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Yeah, it's great to be discriminated against.
People should just take it lying down.

Gay murders happen in the US, people are dragged behind cars, beaten and murdered because they happen to be (or even appear to be) gay.

Damn them wanting equal rights.

Murders of all kinds happen to all kinds of people. Some gays are even eated by Dalhmer, another gay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies