Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2009, 08:52 AM

11,760 posts, read 14,656,809 times

Advertisements

Interesting timing. I just posted a blog diary saying much the same thing:

Rational Resistance: What???? What???????

The takeaway message:

In short, the American right has decided that constitutional government is not for them, and that they will use any means necessary to ensure that we will have a permanent conservative government.

And they're the ones who impugn our patriotism?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 09:51 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post

The takeaway message:

In short, the American right has decided that constitutional government is not for them, and that they will use any means necessary to ensure that we will have a permanent conservative government.

This is all fine and well all on it's own.

But what about guys like me? Guys that hold progressive views in hand, but still maintain a somewhat conservative stance?

Are we to be lumped into the neocon whack-job political fray as well?
What about all of those regular (old school) Democrats? What about them? These would be the ones that dare to give Obama fits regarding UHC these days.

Both sides (the extremes) are are wrong. Very wrong. Sweeping with such broad strokes only serves to alienate the many. Those of us out here in the real world can only sit back and be dumbfounded by the total ignorance of both the extreme left and the extreme right.

I can sit down, any day of the week, and have dialouge with a Democrat / Republican .. and walk away knowing that we are still friends and neighbors at the end of the day.

Why is this not the case between the far left and the far right? Could it be that these would be so far removed from the political mainstream that common sense is nonexistant to them?

Could it be that these are so alone and so powerless that in order to feel better they are found lumping everyone on one side into the same pot?

Your angst may be just a bit misplaced my friend. There are plenty of Republicans and Democrats alike that would love nothing better than to retain the Constitution for what it is .. they fight every day to uphold it and live by it's standard of rule to the very best of their ability.

A left leaning Liberal, who paints the nation, with such broad strokes, is no better than one who would be on the extreme right doing the very same thing in my opinion.

I'm all for protecting and serving the middle class in this country ... Whether it be Democrat or Republican I don't care ... if either can come up with legislation that will further the cause of, or otherwise benefit the middle class, then I'm all for it .. it doesn't make a difference to me at all.

But so far, neither has been so willing or forthcoming enough to doing just that.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:14 AM

1,417 posts, read 2,181,198 times
woohoo, bigskydude!

Old 09-06-2009, 10:22 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Can't give you rep bigskydude..so "kudo's" to you for that post.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:29 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,877,337 times
Reps to you bigskydude

Old 09-06-2009, 10:30 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
As a conservative Independent I have trust issues with most politicians. Seems like most can be bought and some are cheaper than others.

Not being from Chicago I'm sure there has been 1 or 2 honest politicians from that great city who was not tied to some union or in the pocket of some crime group and actually worked for the interests of their citizens, but I can't name any.

I wish Obama was one I could trust but I don't think so. I don't believe he is looking out for the 55% of us who actually pay taxes.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:32 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,877,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post

The takeaway message:

Great blog Jack, very enjoyable to read and right on target!
Guess I will have to subscribe

Old 09-06-2009, 10:35 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,594,614 times
Get use to it...Patriotic Americans are about to take back our Country..

Old 09-06-2009, 10:48 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,232,791 times
Quote:
We were all wrong. Not because we misjudged Barack Obama, but because we forgot who we were really dealing with...
Would that be the party that controls both houses of Congress as well as the white house and main stream media? And you say not because we misjudged...

Old 09-06-2009, 10:52 AM

37,219 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
There you go again (sound familiar)- relative incompetance.
You are the one who made the statement about republicans not being blamed for the financial mess we are in.

I am happy that you found a new catch phrase to deflect the blame from you for supporting Bush, the worst president in the history of America - And You Know It. If you didn't, you wouldn't get so defensive when he is brought up and excoriated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies