Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 11:14 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,400,668 times

Advertisements

roland martin is a troll, not only in looks, but actions as well. Anybody that pays attention to this guy needs help. His IQ is obviously pretty low and he's just plain ugly. I honestly cannot look at the guy for more than a couple seconds.
BTW, the race card is getting SO old.. who even notices skin color any more? seriously, if you do, you need to get out more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2009, 11:24 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,610,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984vt View Post
It has everything to do with it. If you have 100 people and 10 are of one race and 90 are of another (I know those aren't the break down of race but, just keeping the thought simple), then it is only logical that if a group of this population are against something the majority of them or going to be from the race of 90. Understand?

The article says the opposition is "LARGELY WHITE".... hence the demographic breakdown correlation.
No, sorry, still not correct. The population being discussed isn't the general population. It's the population of people opposing the Obama school speech. You can't extrapolate from the general population to a population that is being controlled for in a particular way, such as in this discussion.

According to your way of thinking, every group identification, regardless of controls, would then be "largely white" because that's the demographic for the population at large. Doesn't work that way.

Old 09-07-2009, 11:29 AM

does roland ever give a source his information? I already said I cannot stand the guy, so I am not going to listen to him speak. If I had to guess, I would guess he did not. There obviously was a poll done to get this "majority", so where is that poll? If I had to guess again, I would guess cBS or msnBS did it. They always seem to find the people that support their side of the argument in their polls. Funny how that happens..

Old 09-07-2009, 11:43 AM

20,346 posts, read 19,937,992 times
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Old 09-07-2009, 11:53 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,300,596 times
The vast majority of blacks are democrats. Nobody would expect a majority of those opposed to something a democratic president does to be black. Add to that the fact that this democratic president is black. I would expect very little, if any, black oppostion.

Martin's comment was so asinine that I can only think of one reason that he would have made it other than the very real possibility that the man is stupid. The comment was designed to fuel the idea that any opposition to Obama and his policies must be racist.

The problem is that the comment was so asinine that it still makes Roland Martin look stupid. I think he's just too stupid to realize it and ditto for who ever that was he was talking too. That was a couple of real major league idiots there trying in vain to make any sense.

- Reel

Old 09-07-2009, 01:19 PM

you're giving him too much credit Reel

he's definitely at least a few quarter shy of a dollar bill in the IQ department and I can't believe cnn still lets him on. He really makes them look bad; almost as bad as msnbc.

Old 09-08-2009, 05:41 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,314,858 times
Is this the Roland Martins laugh in show from the 1960's.

Hey Roland, stop the whining and get the hell over it stupid.

With 95% of all blacks voting for Obama he forget to mention that 95% of them were largely black and racist.

He needs to be fired for this comment. Anyone else would have said this the left would have went crazy.

Boycott his advertisers and demand he be fired.

Old 09-08-2009, 05:51 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,975,389 times
Shame on y'all for being white. You must immediately surrender your first white daughter to a black man for breeding purposes to absolve your guilt. (preferably an underprivileged one who isn't an anti-Obama Uncle Tom)

Old 09-08-2009, 06:50 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,517,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984vt View Post
Well, do the math. The majority of the US population is white-I know, not for long. But, right now it would make sense that the whites are the majority of the opposing voice as the majority of the population is white.

No kidding. The majority of all approval/disapproval of everything in the US is "white"

Old 09-08-2009, 06:51 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,517,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
..and this is a surprise, how?

Its not a surprise that you dont know basic math and the population/demographics of America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies