Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 04:09 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug Life View Post
A plane was hijacked in Mexico today by a Christian Nutjob who thought the arbitrary date of 9-9-09 was 666 upside down and that Christ was coming. (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090909/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/lt_mexico_hijacking - broken link)

See? It's not just Arabs who are nutjob terrorists...Christians are too!

He claimed he had 3 partners in the hijacking...later it was revealed that they were "The Father, Son and the Holy Ghost".
OMG, thats priceless !! I had not heard that one.

Yea but the christians will deny this guy is really one of them and that he is really insane. They always figure a way to wiggle out of it.

Anyone remember the christians going at it in Ireland?? Probably not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 04:16 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
OMG, thats priceless !! I had not heard that one.

Yea but the christians will deny this guy is really one of them and that he is really insane. They always figure a way to wiggle out of it.

Good points. Can't write much now...I'm due at a rally across town, where a group of us Christian 'belevers' are going to assemble in front of the local Mexican consulate, demanding they "FREE the CANCUN FOUR". We aim to see that these Christian martyrs to the cause are let go.

I've got to hurry....my robe is in the clothes dryer, and my home-made cross is under some stuff in the garage. We Christians are going to STAND BY OUR OWN, I can promise you that! Those Mexican "bullies" are going to reget the day they decided to mess with the 'Christian martyrs' on that 'silly old airplane'. I just HATE the way those people pick on Christians.

I'll let everyone know where to send donations, should they want to take up the defense of these heroes....

Old 09-10-2009, 04:22 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Good points. Can't write much now...I'm due at a rally across town, where a group of us Christian 'belevers' are going to assemble in front of the local Mexican consulate, demanding they "FREE the CANCUN FOUR". We aim to see that these Christian martyrs to the cause are let go.

I've got to hurry....my robe is in the clothes dryer, and my home-made cross is under some stuff in the garage. We Christians are going to STAND BY OUR OWN, I can promise you that! Those Mexican "bullies" are going to reget the day they decided to mess with the 'Christian martyrs' on that 'silly old airplane'. I just HATE the way those people pick on Christians.

I'll let everyone know where to send donations, should they want to take up the defense of these heroes....
Don't forget your foil hat so they can't read your thoughts.

Old 09-10-2009, 04:31 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,200,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post

Ireland had been screwed over by Britain for about 700 years so while I may have not agreed with the IRA I understood why they existed. Kind of like the Black Panthers here in the US.

Old 09-10-2009, 04:36 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,414,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I seem to recall frenzied throngs dancing in the streets just post 9-11...in Palestine and elsewhere. I seem to remember world-wide violence, vandalism, and property damage resulting from the "Danish Cartoon" debacle.(re: the newspaper cartoon depictions of Mohammed, produced in Denmark). These things occurred on a religious basis....and I can think of no parallel to this in the Christian world for the last 500 years or so.

Of COURSE Christians have their 'haters'...there's the Reverend Fred Phelps of Kansas, who reminds us that "God Hates F*gs"....(AND all sorts of OTHER people). But I believe the good Reverend can count his 'backers' on the fingers of both hands...and that most of THEM are his own relatives. He has NO support in our society.

No, sorry...'Christian terrorism' just isn't a viable thing in this century, or in the several previous. Nobody goes howling into a suicidal, murderous frenzy, aiming to take out others "for the Glory of Christ". And if they DID....they'd end up in prison, or a 'loony bin'....not as folk heroes.

And when "we" invaded Afghanistan, we didn't do so as a religious group....and apparently, SOME people were able to make that distinction. Had "we" gone there, though, attempting to pass out bibles, crucifixes and rosaries....in all likelihood, "we" would have been arrested and sentenced to lengthy prison terms. But that didn't happen, because we went in for political reasons, not religious.
You seem to remember staged demonstrations with very few people, photogrpahed to make them appear to be "throngs". Also used by the media, aprticularly Fox News, was stock footage unrelated to 9/11.

Also, we aren't speaking of whackos like Phelps, we are speaking about terrorist organizations who use threats, and murder, to further their religious agenda, like Army of God which is quite active in the US.

Also, feel more than free to point out where I mentioned, or even insinuated, that the Afstan invasion was over religion.

So far, you're batting zero.

Old 09-10-2009, 04:43 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
You seem to remember staged demonstrations with very few people, photogrpahed to make them appear to be "throngs". Also used by the media, aprticularly Fox News, was stock footage unrelated to 9/11.

Also, we aren't speaking of whackos like Phelps, we are speaking about terrorist organizations who use threats, and murder, to further their religious agenda, like Army of God which is quite active in the US.

Also, feel more than free to point out where I mentioned, or even insinuated, that the Afstan invasion was over religion.

I hope so....I'd be worried if I thought we agreed.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:05 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Quote:

Staged demonstrations? Don't tell me you think that 9/11 was actually the work of Massad and that no Jews were in the twin towers that days and that it was all a giant hoax to make muslims look bad --right?

Old 09-10-2009, 05:11 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,350,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
I don't know, when you push Jihad and Sharia Law, you seem to be based on religion.
I don't know, when you push anti-gay leglisation and anti-abortion leglisation, you seem to be based on religion.

It goes both ways. Again, if they hated all Christians and not just those with money, why wouldn't El Salvador, Guatemela and Argentina be major targets for the Jihadists?

Why would they have attacked the World Trade Center when the Vatican would have been a much more significant symbol of Christianity?

Think before you type, it helps your argument.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:45 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,414,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Staged demonstrations? Don't tell me you think that 9/11 was actually the work of Massad and that no Jews were in the twin towers that days and that it was all a giant hoax to make muslims look bad --right?
oi!

No, the demonstrations were staged for and by the media, and/or stock footage from unrelated events prior to 9/11 were used.

Plain and simple, nothing to read into it.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:53 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Quote:
oi!

No, the demonstrations were staged for and by the media, and/or stock footage from unrelated events prior to 9/11 were used.

Plain and simple, nothing to read into it.
BS. ** I recall in the weeks after 9/11, an interview was done at a muslim private school across the river from where the twin towers stood. These American born teens cheered the planes, they said to the reporter that they were happy jihad had made its way to the US and that the US deserved it for supporting Israel. Most of the children/teens at this religious school were born to Palestinian parents.

To say that the celebrations and celebratory mindset that occured in muslim neighborhoods, schools and countries didn't occur but where staged to what? Make Muslims look bad? To make W look good? Because we all know that the media loved George W Bush and would do anything to help his regime

**Like most people in the days and weeks immediately following 9/11 I became a complete news junkie and so can't recall what channel and what reporter this story originated from. I want to say John Stossel but I really cannot be sure. I am sure that it wasn't Fox news though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies