Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does ACORN, Democrat Leadership and Obama Go Hand-in-hand...
yes 37 77.08%
no 11 22.92%
other 0 0%
not sure 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 09:22 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Maybe the wait day by day and maybe a few are honest...it doesn't mean 100% od the people are not to be trusted, but overall it is a bad comapny who should be investigated...

Not every one working at madoff might have known, but many did...so the same will be for Acorn!
Bentlebee, this is the first thing you've posted that I TOTALLY AGREE WITH. +1 REP TO YOU.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 09:27 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Oh lawd...why can't you stop taking the meds that make you read subliminal messages. I mean damn.

Its called balanced Journalism, but then again FAUX news is not known for that. Two video's released of two locations, ONLY those that fit in their mold. Why haven't they NOT only reported on those locations that had workers with integrity and did the right thing, but ONLY focused on those that deserved EXACTLY what they got and maybe more? You really need to learn about reading comprehension and stop with the subliminal reading.
Balanced journalism? Where? Who actually believes ANYONE has balanced journalism? Odd that you only call for it from Fox News..

Old 09-11-2009, 09:30 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times
If some one can provide positive Acorn video and the names of the person working there so we can do some background checks, please do so, but mostly Acorn workers are rude to journalists and not willing to even give an interview or even have their name mentioned...isn't that saying anything!

Old 09-11-2009, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Balanced journalism? Where? Who actually believes ANYONE has balanced journalism? Odd that you only call for it from Fox News..

Their the only subject in thsi particular thread. Say what you want about MSNBC, the only two shows i watch is Morning Joe and Chris Matthews, their the ONLY two that have true opposing views and will admit when their wrong, thats balanced.

Old 09-11-2009, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
If some one can provide positive Acorn video and the names of the person working there so we can do some background checks, please do so, but mostly Acorn workers are rude to journalists and not willing to even give an interview or even have their name mentioned...isn't that saying anything!

???What. These reporters were the ones doing investigative reporting, again I ask, where are their videos of ALL of the offices they investigated?

Old 09-11-2009, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Their the only subject in thsi particular thread. Say what you want about MSNBC, the only two shows i watch is Morning Joe and Chris Matthews, their the ONLY two that have true opposing views and will admit when their wrong, thats balanced.
So what has Chris Matthews said on the topic from the other day?

I am rethinking my previous response to you though asking why they havent reported on the other cities..

Maybe you are right.. maybe the news is the fact that they DIDNT violate the law in a few cities and not the fact that they did in others, provided one starts with the argument that if you expect them to violate the law, its not really news when they do.

Old 09-11-2009, 09:57 AM

Quote:
So what has Chris Matthews said on the topic from the other day?

I am rethinking my previous response to you though asking why they havent reported on the other cities..

Maybe you are right.. maybe the news is the fact that they DIDNT violate the law in a few cities and not the fact that they did in others, provided one starts with the argument that if you expect them to violate the law, its not really news when they do.
No, the fact that they called themselves investigative reporting, but only released PART of their finding and the fact that your favorite station ONLY reported on that portion, is the issue. If they violated the law, they should be exposed, at the same time, DON'T lump ALL locations into the few locations of bad.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:01 AM

Quote:
No, the fact that they called themselves investigative reporting, but only released PART of their finding and the fact that your favorite station ONLY reported on that portion, is the issue. If they violated the law, they should be exposed, at the same time, DON'T lump ALL locations into the few locations of bad.
They didnt lump all locations into a few bad ones, they clearly listed the city locations of each appearance and no one is disputing the 5 other cities that turned them down..

lets see 5 comply with the laws, 2 break them, gees, I dont see any reason to report it at all, after all, more than half said no.

haha.. ooh stop me, I'm going to bust a gut laughing at those who are trying to spin this as "only part of the facts".. I mean we seen the whole video for the law breakers, and playing the video for those cities that said no.. really isnt news..

Old 09-11-2009, 10:03 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,825,178 times
Quote:
Oh lawd...why can't you stop taking the meds that make you read subliminal messages. I mean damn.

Its called balanced Journalism, but then again FAUX news is not known for that. Two video's released of two locations, ONLY those that fit in their mold. Why haven't they NOT only reported on those locations that had workers with integrity and did the right thing, but ONLY focused on those that deserved EXACTLY what they got and maybe more? You really need to learn about reading comprehension and stop with the subliminal reading.
Kind of like how Commie News Network and MSLGBT only showed the bad that was happening in Iraq while Bush was in office? And how now that Obama is in charge, they don't talk about the war in the Middle East as much as they did when Bush was in office? That kind of "balanced journalism?"

Old 09-11-2009, 10:08 AM

Quote:
They didnt lump all locations into a few bad ones, they clearly listed the city locations of each appearance and no one is disputing the 5 other cities that turned them down..

lets see 5 comply with the laws, 2 break them, gees, I dont see any reason to report it at all, after all, more than half said no.

haha.. ooh stop me, I'm going to bust a gut laughing at those who are trying to spin this as "only part of the facts".. I mean we seen the whole video for the law breakers, and playing the video for those cities that said no.. really isnt news..

maybe if you bust the gut you'll stop reading subliminal messages and the master of SPIN WOULD STILL BE YOU. Why aren't the cities who said NO not news? Oh i gotcha, only if it suits your purpose to report on the negative, but oh god forbid, there are ANY honest workers for this program, "no can't use that" it goes against the purpose of shedding a negative light.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies