Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does ACORN, Democrat Leadership and Obama Go Hand-in-hand...
yes 37 77.08%
no 11 22.92%
other 0 0%
not sure 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 05:54 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Trying to explain it away as only one instance, as a previous poster did, is nothing more than a lame excuse for what Acorn employees did. As you say, this appears to be widespread within the organization. How wide, we don't know, and may never know, because the story broke before many other offices were visited. We might conclude that Acorn has bad management, since either good or bad practices come down from above according to how management sets the tone and the standards of operation. Bertha is going to be on FoxNews Sunday morning. Might be worth tuning in just to see what she has to say about this whole mess within Acorn.
You hit the nail on the head. Otherwise known as sphere of influence.
I good leader doesn't need to look over every subordinates shoulder to ensure job performance. They know what is expected and comply because they understand that they will be held accountable. In fairness to ACORN. How can we hold them to a higher standard than we do our elected officials? There can be no doubt that at least some were aware of these misdeeds but elected to look the other way. These so called bad apples were not from 1 office. In fact there have been quite a few, and all across the country. This would indicate that ACORN must have known and either actively or passively encouraged said behavior. Giving advise how to cheat on taxes, smuggle illegal aliens to be prostitutes? Who would take such a risk? Only someone who has been emboldened by a history of not being held accountable for such things. This even after other ACORN employees were being busted for other misdeeds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2009, 07:47 AM

4,465 posts, read 8,003,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
There are convictions (some based on actual confessions) in several states, investigations in many more. I think they are finding something to tie ACORN to voter fraud...and these tapes reveal that the fraud goes much deeper.

Show a conviction for systemic voter fraud where ACORN was guilty please.

In fact, show a case of systemic voter fraud by any one or organization - legal case- where systemic voter fraud was proven.

Good Luck with that.

Meanwhile if you want to see proven cases of voter intimidation/disenfranchisement over the past 25 years by the GOP, I can provide you about 700.

Reason why:

Such cases really exist.

Old 09-19-2009, 01:13 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,065,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geechie North View Post

In fact, show a case of systemic voter fraud by any one or organization - legal case- where systemic voter fraud was proven.

Good Luck with that.

Meanwhile if you want to see proven cases of voter intimidation/disenfranchisement over the past 25 years by the GOP, I can provide you about 700.

Reason why:

Such cases really exist.
So now you want to play the game of who is worse at voter fraud? That wasn't the original argument (and is kind of a stupid argument at best) but still, a simple google search will lead you to the info on ACORN and voter/election fraud convictions.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:34 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geechie North View Post

Good Luck with that.

Reason why:

Such cases really exist.
What about misuse of tax dollars? ACORN was hired to do a job. In fact a number of jobs. They took the money and now it has come to light that ACORN as a company has committed some serious crimes.
Another way to look at it.
The Fed pays a contractor to build a bridge. In the contract it is called out what materials are to be used etc.
The bridge is built and we find out that the contractor did not use the specified materials and the now it is questionable if the bridge is even safe to use.
Would you say ah shucks its no big deal? Or would you want said contractor to answer for it?
Me? I want anyone who cheats the tax payer to be held accountable.

Old 09-26-2009, 02:25 PM

Location: City - Prefer the country. People shouldn't have to live where they can't see the stars.
98 posts, read 283,867 times
Whoohoo, I posted in this thread a couple of weeks ago, otherwise I'd prolly just keep my mouth shut. But when I logged back on, and saw such a firestorm, Wow! And when I saw tinman01's post, just had to jump in...
blackandproud said several days ago
Quote:
why do YOU guys not believe that those workers that FOLLOWED the LAW should not have been acknowledged.
And there has been much talk about the ACORN locations that 'did it right', etc. Those locations HAVE been acknowledged. They are acknowledged everyday, because they will get their paychecks next week. It's called working-for-a-living. Those folks are getting PAID. They SHOULD be doing it right.
Praise is an EARNED thing. And in this world, people rarely get acknowledged for doing the right thing on a day-to-day basis. Do something extraordinary if you want praise. And for sure, media acknowledgment isn't free. If it bleeds, it leads. No one is going to waste ink, airtime or bandwidth on people that do what they are supposed to do. They are after-all, being paid to do just that.
Think of it like sports. If everyone on the football team gets a trophy for showing up, trophies become bull$hit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies