Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does ACORN, Democrat Leadership and Obama Go Hand-in-hand...
yes 37 77.08%
no 11 22.92%
other 0 0%
not sure 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 01:43 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,234,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXIronHorse View Post
Yahoo!!
Huh. It's going to be hard for me to take your posts seriously now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 01:47 PM

3,770 posts, read 4,983,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
So could we assume that you support what these folks were doing at ACORN? Not a big deal to you? What a big deal you made of Cheney and his working for Haliburton was, oh my. This is far less serious than that connection. Your party is wallowing in the gutter now and I hope you all can float.
The majority of the time yes. If there is any organization out to make sure Republican's will never win again. I truly support them if they are doing it lawfully and legally.

The Haliburton thing is total different story. You have an actual VP that is associated with them on the record. As far as ACORN is concerned they only helped Obama win.

The Repubs continue to Lie, Cry, Whine and find any dirt they can to discredit 44. Sounds like they are already in the gutter.

Old 09-17-2009, 01:51 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,344,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Some Republicans supported ACORN when they thought is was a decent organization helping the poor but they have been questioning it for some time. ACORN'S crimes are just now really coming to light where as Democrats knew exacly how corrupt they were and assisted them in getting their funding for their criminal organization.
That's a total cop out!

Old 09-17-2009, 02:13 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,866,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gy2020 View Post
Conservative activist James O'Keefe, 25, and partner Hannah Giles, 20, who posed as a pimp and prostitute should be considered the new American heroes that they are. Ms. Giles came up with the idea and the two used their own savings to put this sting operation together. I am very proud of the work they have done. They put their lives at risk and their lives are still at risk. The goon squad is trying to figure a way to nuetralize them at this very moment. We should all stand behind this couple and thank them for their courage and tenacity to go after ACORN.
Well said.

Old 09-17-2009, 02:16 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,291,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Who posted the thread about Michelles clothing and makeup?

It really is a shame how you are making excuses for corruption , Thanks though for showing what democrats really care about
It's all for the greater good. I think that's what the Soviets said about dissidents sent to work camps when they got in the way of equality for all under communism.

Old 09-17-2009, 02:17 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,610,112 times
"[T]he majority of the funding for ACORN took place under the executive guidance of none other than George W, according to the Congressional record. Every year during the Bush administration, ACORN Housing Corporation received more than $1 million (from 2001, when George Bush became president, until 2008, the Bush administration provided over $13 million to ACORN), for such things as housing counseling and working to prevent predatory lending in low-income communities."
http://www.examiner.com/x-7109-Chicago-Law-and-Politics-Examiner~y2009m5d25-ACORN-funding--a-Republican-philosophy
(http://www.examiner.com/x-7109-Chicago-Law-and-Politics-Examiner%7Ey2009m5d25-ACORN-funding--a-Republican-philosophy - broken link)

Old 09-17-2009, 02:19 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,595,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
"[T]he majority of the funding for ACORN took place under the executive guidance of none other than George W, according to the Congressional record. Every year during the Bush administration, ACORN Housing Corporation received more than $1 million (from 2001, when George Bush became president, until 2008, the Bush administration provided over $13 million to ACORN), for such things as housing counseling and working to prevent predatory lending in low-income communities."
http://www.examiner.com/x-7109-Chicago-Law-and-Politics-Examiner~y2009m5d25-ACORN-funding--a-Republican-philosophy
(http://www.examiner.com/x-7109-Chicago-Law-and-Politics-Examiner%7Ey2009m5d25-ACORN-funding--a-Republican-philosophy - broken link)
So..let's see..from a liberal point of view..I am guessing they think this was a good thing??? Where are the flowers for Bush?? Anyone..anyone??

Old 09-17-2009, 02:22 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,629,899 times
ACORN is a new type of liberal agency. Much like welfare milkers, they have learned to game the system. Doesn't matter whether it's legal or not, if you have the right connections up top.

I say that the officers should be tried for racketeering.

Old 09-17-2009, 02:23 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,610,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
So..let's see..from a liberal point of view..I am guessing they think this was a good thing??? Where are the flowers for Bush?? Anyone..anyone??
Merely pointing out the hypocrisy and the obvious fact that Republicans are very much tied to ACORN funding. No outrage during the Bush terms though. I wonder why.

Old 09-17-2009, 02:24 PM

974 posts, read 1,587,975 times
People keep saying do not throw out the good with the bad. Does it not say something when 5 different locations across the country, not just a state have all done the same things? Just sayin. And Eddie, may I personally say thank you my friend. Thank you for fighting for this country and Thank you for the sacrifices you have made for this country and its people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies