Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does ACORN, Democrat Leadership and Obama Go Hand-in-hand...
yes 37 77.08%
no 11 22.92%
other 0 0%
not sure 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 01:30 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,291,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug Life View Post
I'd like to see the exact list on who voted which way, I haven't been able to find it yet.

I bet that those who voted against will include Barney Frank, Dennis Kucinich and Nancy Pelosi, and those who voted for it will include Ron Paul, Darryl Issa and Dana Rohrabacher.
I doubt Kucinich would've voted yea. Nevermind, he voted nay. However, the Dem-Rep yea split was 172-173. Almost equal. I wouldn't count Franks or Pelosi's vote on anything since they're establishment hacks above and beyond their fellow congresspeople.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 01:31 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,092,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
This is what ACORN said.

"Lewis said that she "cannot and I will not defend the actions of the workers depicted in the video, who have since been terminated. But it is clear that the videos are doctored, edited, and in no way the result of the fabricated story being portrayed".

So try again, where are the tapes or the names of those that excused the behavior.
And you believe that? Unbelieveable!

Old 09-17-2009, 01:33 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,850,172 times
Quote:
This is what ACORN said.

"Lewis said that she "cannot and I will not defend the actions of the workers depicted in the video, who have since been terminated. But it is clear that the videos are doctored, edited, and in no way the result of the fabricated story being portrayed".

So try again, where are the tapes or the names of those that excused the behavior.
They have since released new statements and they are no longer talking about the videos being doctored. That statement was released after the 2nd tape came out

"As a result of the indefensible action of a handful of our employees, I am, in consultation with ACORN's Executive Committee, immediately ordering a halt to any new intakes into ACORN's service programs until completion of an independent review," ACORN CEO Bertha Lewis said in a statement released Wednesday.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,550941,00.html

Notice nothing said about them being doctored

Old 09-17-2009, 01:35 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,835,902 times
Quote:
This is what ACORN said.

Uh...that sounds a lot like an excuse to me. If the statement ended after "...who have since been terminated." I would have agreed that it was not making an excuse for the behavior.

Last edited by tyanger; 09-17-2009 at 01:43 PM..

Old 09-17-2009, 01:37 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,328,787 times
Default Does ACORN, Democrat Leadership and Obama Go Hand-in-hand...

Does ACORN, Democrat Leadership and Obama Go Hand-in-hand...

Old 09-17-2009, 01:39 PM

Its not over They still get a lot more money not from the federal gov.

Dont stop keep calling for investigations federal

Old 09-17-2009, 01:40 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,065,096 times
ACORN is an arm of the DNC, that's how BO got elected.

Old 09-17-2009, 01:40 PM

The 75 that voted No is in the link

Michelle Malkin » Another pipeline closed off: House cuts ACORN funding, 345-75

Old 09-17-2009, 01:41 PM

247 posts, read 380,101 times
I'm not defending what ACORN's employee's have been caught doing, and I'm not defending the actions/inactions of the white house. However, when involved in a debate it's best to keep a level head and present one's views intelligently. Calling President Obama hussein obama just really sinks any level of intelligent demeanor and therefore makes one's position seem hollow.

Disclosure: I'm an Independent. I didn't vote Obama or McCain.

Old 09-17-2009, 01:42 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,092,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug Life View Post
It's not just Democrats that support ACORN, Republicans support it too:
John McCain stood shoulder to shoulder with ACORN, at an ACORN co-sponsored event, to promote immigration reform.

If you only watch Fox News, you're just as stupid as those who only watch "liberal news". Either way, you're not really getting information, but rather talking points promoted by corporate executives. Fox executives know that they have the moronic right-wingers on their side, so they play up that angle as much as possible. MSNBC knows that they're the far-left's favorite news source, so they play up that angle. Either way, if you want news, you avoid both (as anyone with half a brain can see how pathetic MSNBC or Fox are...Fox is especially pathetic because it tries to play off as "fair and balanced" and it's very unprofessional in how it interviews people) and just read the news on non-partisan sources like the Associated Press, Reuters or even just Yahoo or Google news.

Do you ever watch the news, or do you just watch that tabloid channel we know as Fox News? Seriously, how do you say what you say and not feel like a moron?

Some Republicans supported ACORN when they thought is was a decent organization helping the poor but they have been questioning it for some time. ACORN'S crimes are just now really coming to light where as Democrats knew exacly how corrupt they were and assisted them in getting their funding for their criminal organization. After all they had the criminal Barney Fwank in their pocket as did hussein obama.

I do watch other news besides FOX along with the internet but the one thing I can count on with FOX is they always have the opposing opinion on and they report ALL the news. I absolutely refuse to be like the ignorant left wingers who defend their liberal stations even after one of their top new reporters Charlie boy Gibson *snicker* said he didn't even know about ACORN. That is the level of reporting we can all expect from the left. The botton line is FOX news smokes all the rest and even Democrats (not far left wingers) agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies