Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does ACORN, Democrat Leadership and Obama Go Hand-in-hand...
yes 37 77.08%
no 11 22.92%
other 0 0%
not sure 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 02:58 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,291,205 times

Advertisements

For the folks believing it was doctored and edited, you guys are wearing some super duper powerful tin foil hats!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 03:32 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,351,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Some Republicans supported ACORN when they thought is was a decent organization helping the poor but they have been questioning it for some time. ACORN'S crimes are just now really coming to light where as Democrats knew exacly how corrupt they were and assisted them in getting their funding for their criminal organization. After all they had the criminal Barney Fwank in their pocket as did hussein obama.

I do watch other news besides FOX along with the internet but the one thing I can count on with FOX is they always have the opposing opinion on and they report ALL the news. I absolutely refuse to be like the ignorant left wingers who defend their liberal stations even after one of their top new reporters Charlie boy Gibson *snicker* said he didn't even know about ACORN. That is the level of reporting we can all expect from the left. The botton line is FOX news smokes all the rest and even Democrats (not far left wingers) agree.
So your excuse is ignorance?

The Republicans weren't smart enough to know it was corrupt while the Democrats hid the secret?

Seems like a pretty illogical explanation.

Maybe both sides thought it was a good organization and the people who worked there were acting in this manner without the knowledge of management and of the politicians who support the organization. Doesn't that seem more logical?

Does the CEO of Wal-Mart go to every single store in the chain, or does he rely on a chain of command structure that can hide the problems on the store level that don't affect the bottom line?

Old 09-17-2009, 04:41 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,540,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
Except for healthcare which is the government's responsibility.

The government is responsible for regulation and legislation. I'm still responsible for providing for my family. NEXT.

Old 09-17-2009, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
And you believe that? Unbelieveable!

I believe what? Are you reading subliminal messages too?

Old 09-17-2009, 04:53 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,311,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
The government is responsible for regulation and legislation. I'm still responsible for providing for my family. NEXT.

Then why are you arguing for a public option? Or was that not you?

Old 09-17-2009, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinem View Post
This quote has never made sense to me.
If the videos are doctored, edited and the story is fabricated, why were the workers fired? The poor dears were obviously the victims of a conspiracy. It makes no sense to fire people who are guilty of nothing. The firing and her statement that she cannot defend the workers actions does not jibe with her next statement.

If these tapes are false or the story fabricated they would, and SHOULD be standing by their workers. They were fired because what the tapes portray is true, or the workers were sacrificed in the hopes it would help this go away. If that's the case, that's no kind of organization that anyone I know would want to work for.

I don't believe the tapes are doctored and never did. As I stated when this first came out, those folks deserve EXACTLY what they get. No one forced them to make those statements and no one forced them to defraud.

Old 09-17-2009, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
Then why are you arguing for a public option? Or was that not you?

NOPE wrong person. I don't like the Backus bill, but I also do not like the outline to the roadmap of a bill that the Republican's proposed either. There needs to be sometype of legislation/oversight with these insurance companies. Rates have gotten out of control.
Neither side is talking about that and you all know it. The insurance companies are sitting back and laughing about the fact that no matter what, they will continue to make out like fatcats.

Old 09-17-2009, 05:26 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,652,324 times
Why would the government fund an organization that was teaching people how to rip off the government?

Old 09-17-2009, 05:30 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,328,787 times
Default President Obama Tries Ditching ACORN

Obama Tries Ditching ACORN
Obama Tries Ditching ACORN | Judicial Watch

The scandal-plagued Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN), well known for voter fraud, embezzlement and cooking the books, endorsed Obama and fought hard to get him elected. Not surprising considering the taxpayer-funded group has strong Democratic Party ties (Howard Dean and Bill Clinton praise its activism) and Obama proudly worked for it as a community organizer in Chicago.

In 2008 Obama’s presidential campaign paid ACORN more than $800,000 for services such as polling, advance work and staging major events. A Pittsburgh newspaper later reported that Obama covertly amended Federal Election Commission reports to say that the money went to so-called “get-out-the-vote” projects rather than the polling activities. The campaign responded to the article by claiming it had “mistakenly misrepresented” the services in federal reports.

The close ties between Obama and ACORN are undeniable and well documented but lately the radical community group has become a publicity nightmare for the president and he conveniently wants the relationship to vanish, similar to the way he unsuccessfully tried to cut off his controversial, racially divisive longtime pastor and friend (Jeremiah Wright) during the presidential election.

Old 09-17-2009, 05:35 PM

30,075 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Obama Tries Ditching ACORN
Obama Tries Ditching ACORN | Judicial Watch

The scandal-plagued Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN), well known for voter fraud, embezzlement and cooking the books, endorsed Obama and fought hard to get him elected. Not surprising considering the taxpayer-funded group has strong Democratic Party ties (Howard Dean and Bill Clinton praise its activism) and Obama proudly worked for it as a community organizer in Chicago.

In 2008 Obama’s presidential campaign paid ACORN more than $800,000 for services such as polling, advance work and staging major events. A Pittsburgh newspaper later reported that Obama covertly amended Federal Election Commission reports to say that the money went to so-called “get-out-the-vote” projects rather than the polling activities. The campaign responded to the article by claiming it had “mistakenly misrepresented” the services in federal reports.

The close ties between Obama and ACORN are undeniable and well documented but lately the radical community group has become a publicity nightmare for the president and he conveniently wants the relationship to vanish, similar to the way he unsuccessfully tried to cut off his controversial, racially divisive longtime pastor and friend (Jeremiah Wright) during the presidential election.
Cap- the problem is that a leopard cannot change its spots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies