Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does ACORN, Democrat Leadership and Obama Go Hand-in-hand...
yes 37 77.08%
no 11 22.92%
other 0 0%
not sure 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 02:27 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,234,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
That's a total cop out!
It really is.

My side didn't know what your side knew so we have nothing to feel guilty about.

BS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 02:27 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,595,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Merely pointing out the hypocrisy and the obvious fact that Republicans are very much tied to ACORN funding. No outrage during the Bush terms though. I wonder why.
Because until BHO came along...who new what a community organizer was unless you were someone who was in need of organization..(or something like that) And..remember...Bush led the march for home ownership..especially for minorities..as a liberal..are you saying that you thought that was a bad thing???

Old 09-17-2009, 02:29 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,234,436 times
Nope.

They are just another group who played the system, promised the moon, couldn't deliver, and who we probably don't need anyway.

Old 09-17-2009, 02:30 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,738,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
Because until BHO came along...who new what a community organizer was unless you were someone who was in need of organization..(or something like that) And..remember...Bush led the march for home ownership..especially for minorities..as a liberal..are you saying that you thought that was a bad thing???
Oh, yeah, I think I know what you mean.

Like FreedomWorks?

Old 09-17-2009, 02:32 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,610,112 times
Quote:
I'd appreciate it if you didn't try and stereotype me. I'm not a believer in welfare, for starters, and lean toward liberal libertarianism. And people who can't afford to pay for a home have no business buying one. Seems like most banks, regardless of what the politics of the day were pushing, should have known this fundamental fact.

But regardless, the the thread title, as usual for the OP, is a gross misrepresentation, so why don't you call him on it?

Old 09-17-2009, 02:41 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,174,301 times
Hey guys, we don't need 12 threads on the ACORN video story.

Old 09-17-2009, 02:43 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,595,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
I'd appreciate it if you didn't try and stereotype me. I'm not a believer in welfare, for starters, and lean toward liberal libertarianism. And people who can't afford to pay for a home have no business buying one. Seems like most banks, regardless of what the politics of the day were pushing, should have known this fundamental fact.

But regardless, the the thread title, as usual for the OP, is a gross misrepresentation, so why don't you call him on it?
I will agree that the Bush admin, Congress..both Dem controlled and GOP controlled all funded these people. I will also agree that Obama has some very tangled ties with ACORN who is partners with SEIU who has a seat at the table in the White House according to Obama..so I think someone has some explaining to do..to all of us..Dems GOP and Inde's..don't you think?? All these ties are a little too cozy for my liking..

Old 09-17-2009, 02:45 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,610,112 times
Quote:
I will agree that the Bush admin, Congress..both Dem controlled and GOP controlled all funded these people. I will also agree that Obama has some very tangled ties with ACORN who is partners with SEIU who has a seat at the table in the White House according to Obama..so I think someone has some explaining to do..to all of us..Dems GOP and Inde's..don't you think?? All these ties are a little too cozy for my liking..
I absolutely agree!

Old 09-17-2009, 02:49 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,995,350 times
Default " Perhaps Now "..... A Saving Grace For America.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
This is the key to stopping the destruction of America by the left wingers.
Greeting's,

It most certainly appears that an incredible number of American Citizens are most... " remarkably and effectively" ... beginning to exert
concerted & overwhelming "pressure"... upon many of our elected representatives..... A "Unified Pressure" for change directed towards those politicians whom desire to continue in the nationally destructive
vein of "Politics As Usual In Washington D.C."... Yes !!! ...A Unified pressure form millions of extremely concerned "American Patriots"...

An accurate account of America's unparalled past history reminds us of many prime examples of dynamic outcomes resulting from the unprecedented intervention of those multitudes of concerned citizens...
knowns as "American Patriot's"..... in times of impending national crisis.

The "Winds Of Change" have emphatically began to "Roar"..... The American People are truly beginning to "Take Notice" & "Take Action"...

The debacle known as Acorn, much of the ineffective and inexperienced White House Administration, and other self serving & anti-citizen career politicians may just be the beginning stages of the present...... and most encouraging efforts by loyal Americans to effectively "Fix" a terribly broken
and and abused political system.....

True "Democracy In Action" is indeed a wonderful site to behold..... ..... and thank goodness their are ample numbers of "American Patriot's " remaining in this nation who are most willing to once again "effectively" take up the virtuous cause for the presevation of our beloved America..... and the ideals and principals of government set forth by the "Founding Fathers" ..................

There is much wisdom to be found within the words of our friend dcsldcd................. Thank You L. F.

Old 09-17-2009, 02:55 PM

4,923 posts, read 11,193,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
"Lewis said that she "cannot and I will not defend the actions of the workers depicted in the video, who have since been terminated. But it is clear that the videos are doctored, edited, and in no way the result of the fabricated story being portrayed".
This quote has never made sense to me.
If the videos are doctored, edited and the story is fabricated, why were the workers fired? The poor dears were obviously the victims of a conspiracy. It makes no sense to fire people who are guilty of nothing. The firing and her statement that she cannot defend the workers actions does not jibe with her next statement.

If these tapes are false or the story fabricated they would, and SHOULD be standing by their workers. They were fired because what the tapes portray is true, or the workers were sacrificed in the hopes it would help this go away. If that's the case, that's no kind of organization that anyone I know would want to work for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies