Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: To what extent do you support/oppose abortion?
Birth control pills should be illegal 4 3.42%
The morning after pill/Plan B should be illegal 2 1.71%
First trimester abortions should be illegal 17 14.53%
Second trimester abortions should be illegal 19 16.24%
Third trimester abortions should be illegal 25 21.37%
Abortions should always be legal 50 42.74%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 01:09 AM

10,206 posts, read 15,910,503 times

Advertisements

Just curious where y'all are in terms of pro-life vs pro abortion. Choose the option that applies to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 01:11 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Just curious where y'all are in terms of pro-life vs pro abortion. Choose the option that applies to you.
Well I've seen enough idiotic posts here to change my mind about late term abortion...

Old 09-17-2009, 01:12 AM

Personally I do not really consider birth control to be abortion and Plan B is a form of birth control. Why ideally abstience education should be taught, using birth control is preference to actually killing the baby. If a woman sleeps around (which again I wish it didn't happen but if it did) I'd rather her get the morning after pill than go to Planned Parenthood and have an abortion.

Old 09-17-2009, 01:13 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:

I survived abortion.

Doubt you'll get much of a response from those who didn't.

Old 09-17-2009, 01:14 AM

Forgot the option for some on the liberal left...anyone believe abortions should be legal all the way, that a baby is only a "fetus" until it is born and begins crying?

People say partial birth abortions are unrealistic but its not really. Like for instance a career oriented woman in New York is 6 months pregnant but is unexpectedly offered a job promotion, she would probably want that abortion.

Old 09-17-2009, 01:17 AM

Though I do have to mention, there indeed are people who believe that Plan B is an abortion and should not be sold.

Old 09-17-2009, 01:29 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Forgot the option for some on the liberal left...anyone believe abortions should be legal all the way, that a baby is only a "fetus" until it is born and begins crying?
You also forgot those on the conservative right who believe that abortion doctors should be executed.

Old 09-17-2009, 01:31 AM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:

People say partial birth abortions are unrealistic but its not really. Like for instance a career oriented woman in New York is 6 months pregnant but is unexpectedly offered a job promotion, she would probably want that abortion.

For starters the idea that a woman who is 6 months pregnant will suddenly have an abortion due to a job promotion or just suddenly decide then to have an abortion is extremely rare. Virtually all 3rd trimester abortions are result of life or health issues for the mother.

As for my views, I am pro-choice I generally believe that their should be little restrictions for the two trimesters. For the third trimester I believe abortion should generally be illegal, but it should have exceptions for the life and/or health of the mother.

I do believe we should focus on reducing the amount of abortions, and the best way to do that is to focus on prevention and education. Stronger pre-natal care, stronger comprehensive sex education, unrestricted access to things such as the morning after pill.

Old 09-17-2009, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
You also forgot those on the conservative right who believe that abortion doctors should be executed.
I'm studying to be in a health care field and I believe that doctors should not be forced to carry out abortions nor forced to give referrals to abortion clinics, and that pharmacists should not be forced to dispense abortion drugs. Walmart in Massachusetts and Illinois was forced by liberal governments to dispense Plan B, now like I said I do not believe that is an abortion, but with the Democrats in office they may come up with new abortion drugs that induce abortions in first or second trimester.

Ideally I wish abortion was totally outlawed but I realize we do not live in a perfect world so I think first trimester abortions can be allowed legally but it should not be taxpayer funded like Obama wants and the government should not make laws activiely increasing access to abortions. Planned Parenthood should not receive public funding.

Old 09-17-2009, 01:38 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
I'm studying to be in a health care field and I believe that doctors should not be forced to carry out abortions nor forced to give referrals to abortion clinics, and that pharmacists should not be forced to dispense abortion drugs.
I've never heard of a doctor being forced to perform an abortion. Do you really know of any cases where that has happened?

I guess I can agree with you about pharmacists not being required to dispense drugs they don't like, but they would certainly be in a small minority. I can't imagine that large pharmacy chains would ever choose to not dispense a legal drug. They would certainly risk losing significant amounts of business if they did that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies