Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2009, 11:33 AM

29 posts, read 36,681 times

Advertisements

"But Obama has to at least appear to be willing to compromise, so he has invented the idea of re-packaging the public option in order to seem to be flexible." (posted on Thurs., Sept. 18 by Dick Morris)
Why can't all of America grasp that Obama's goal is to APPEAR to be whatever passifies the public? Appear being the key word. If it's all about appearance, is there really a loyalty to what is truth? Will we really know the truth according to Obama? I am sad to see this turning out to be a 4 year version of "The Emperer's New Clothes."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2009, 11:37 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
[quote=J E Bella;10827725]"But Obama has to at least appear to be willing to compromise, so he has invented the idea of re-packaging the public option in order to seem to be flexible." (posted on Thurs., Sept. 18 by Dick Morris)
Why can't all of America grasp that Obama's goal is to APPEAR to be whatever passifies the public? Appear being the key word. If it's all about appearance, is there really a loyalty to what is truth? Will we really know the truth according to Obama? I am sad to see this turning out to be a 4 year version of "The Emperer's New Clothes."[/QUOTW]

Is there any chance that what you are talking about is listed in this link. Sure there is a chance and I am, of course, in total agreement with you about what Morris says here.

BEWARE THE PUBLIC OPTION TRAP at DickMorris.com

Old 09-19-2009, 11:46 AM

29 posts, read 36,681 times
[quote=roysoldboy;10827746]
Quote:
Originally Posted by J E Bella View Post
"But Obama has to at least appear to be willing to compromise, so he has invented the idea of re-packaging the public option in order to seem to be flexible." (posted on Thurs., Sept. 18 by Dick Morris)
Why can't all of America grasp that Obama's goal is to APPEAR to be whatever passifies the public? Appear being the key word. If it's all about appearance, is there really a loyalty to what is truth? Will we really know the truth according to Obama? I am sad to see this turning out to be a 4 year version of "The Emperer's New Clothes."[/QUOTW]

Is there any chance that what you are talking about is listed in this link. Sure there is a chance and I am, of course, in total agreement with you about what Morris says here.

BEWARE THE PUBLIC OPTION TRAP at DickMorris.com
You got it! I am never posting anything until I have the facts. After getting the facts, one is free to express opinions. Dick Morris has more of an "inside scoop" than most. I am just shocked that he hasn't been fitted for concrete shoes. After all, he was in that Clinton circle for years. HE SAW THE LIGHT, and probably dodged a bullet or two.

Old 09-19-2009, 06:11 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,457,116 times
It is a lot more than the public option that people who have read the bill object to. On page 16 it says in essence that there will be no more individual and family plan available once the reform starts. If you currently have one you can keep it but if the carrier isn't allowed to sell them after the reform starts then chances are they might not even keep their existing book of business going. Then people who pay for their own insurance will be FORCED into the government plan. This was by DESIGN obviously. President Obama is REALLY stretching the truth when he says "if you like your plan you can keep it" because the insurance company might just decide to shut down. I've been in a state where the state insurance regulations destroyed the individual insurance market and that EXACT THING HAPPENED.

I PROMISE you, if anything CLOSE to what the written H.R. 3200 passes, things will be WORSE not BETTER, afterwards. There will be FEWER plans. They will be MORE EXPENSIVE. Coverage will not be as comprehensive. AND WE WILL BE FORCED TO GET IT AND PAY FOR IT WHETHER WE LIKE IT OR NOT if there is a MANDATE. In fact we may not even retain our freedom to choose our care. Just look at what Massachusetts residents are going through. They are being forced to take the swine flu shot (which has formaldahyde, aluminum, mercury, anti-freeze as fillers just for starters) whether they want it or not or be fined $1000 or be thown in jail .

If you read HR3200 there are sections where they talk about schools being used as centers to provide services where the government would be able to come in and administer "care" to children. Only those states with parental guardianship laws that give them control over medical care of their children would be able to get their children exemptions from any objectionable treatment. Imagine how much effort and paperwork and time would be added to your day just to "comply with government regulations" if we simply lie down and let a monstrosity like HR3200 pass.

The only kind of health care bill I would be in favor of would be vouchers for actual care available on an as needed basis based on income eligibility. This way the taxpayers pay ONLY for those who are actually receiving care. Better yet, have no bill at all and let each local community take care of their own poor.

Nobody should be forced into buying health insurance. You can't even force people to get auto insurance. Right now a system that most "normal" states have that is similar to what states do for auto insurance works pretty well. It is to make sure there is a HIGH RISK INSURANCE pool for those with pre-existing condtions that fell through the cracks and can't qualify for individual insurance or where individual insurance would be too expensive. They STILL can get QUALITY INSURANCE though the pool--- which is subsidized by all the carriers in the state. This way the majority or are reasonably healthy can get much lower rates in the private market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies