Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 04:00 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,215,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPoleMarathoner View Post
Government should shut down an insurance company the first time they wrongfully deny a claim. Especially if it is life threatening. They don't need reform to do that.

MAybe it wasn't accutane then. I know there was one. I'll see if I can't find a link.

Democrats don't want to hold insurance companies accountable. They want a single-payer system. Obama said it.
You have it EXACTLY backwards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2009, 04:01 PM

843 posts, read 1,298,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
No, you are missing the point.

If you want to pay a higher deductabile so an insurance company will pick up a $50 tab be my guest.

I hardly ever go to the doctor. Usually once a year for a chech up. Costs about $65.

I'd rather have a higher deductabile as it is cheaper for me. In the short term and long term. If I was at doctors all the time like some people I know I would opt for the higher premiums.

Under a single payer system I will no longer have any option. My tax rate will be set and that is that. I will have to pay for it whether I use it or not. Or go to jail for tax evasion. That's the hope and change we all can believe in. LOLs.

Gotta go folks. Have a good evening. Stay healthy.

Old 09-22-2009, 04:03 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
[quote=NorthPoleMarathoner;10872412]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post

Government should shut down an insurance company the first time they wrongfully deny a claim. Especially if it is life threatening. They don't need reform to do that.

MAybe it wasn't accutane then. I know there was one. I'll see if I can't find a link.

Democrats don't want to hold insurance companies accountable. They want a single-payer system. Obama said it.
Oh yes they do! Waxman is investigating the health insurance companies.

Quote:
House Energy and Commerce Chairman Henry Waxman raised eyebrows this week when he launched a financial probe into the nation’s largest insurance companies, which are at the center of the health reform battle

Read more: Henry Waxman's insurance probe began in July - Chris Frates - POLITICO.com

Old 09-22-2009, 04:03 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
There are words for people that find humor in other people's pain and suffering.

And those words are "George Soros".

In a delicious irony, Foreign Policy magazine editor Mike Boyer reports at the magazine's blog FP Passport that SEC documents reveal that George Soros bought 1.9 million shares of Halliburton stock in the fourth quarter of 2006.

Soros gave more than $20 million to "527" organizations in the 2004 election, many of which used anti-Halliburton bashing as a rallying cry for the anti-war Left.

George Soros Buys Halliburton Stock - The New Editor

So now he's telling you to protest insurance companies.

See a problem with that?

Old 09-22-2009, 04:12 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPoleMarathoner View Post
The house bill also specifies that once you lose your employer plan the employer must enroll you in the govt "option"

The employer is required by law to enroll you. It's not up to the individual.

So if you quit, you're in the "option"
Very true. Furthermore, if you make a change to your existing policy, within the first 5 years after H.R. 3200 becomes law, you automatically lose your private health insurance and must enroll in the mandated government program. After the fifth year the bill has been law, everyone is required to be enrolled in the mandated government program. I refuse to bastardized the English language like liberals have by pretending there is some kind of "option" involved. So much for the liberal "choice and competition" lie.

Old 09-22-2009, 04:13 PM

Detroit MoveOn Council are continuing efforts in supporting Health Care Reform. We remain passionate due to the fact that approximately 46 millions Americans are currently without access to quality Health Care. This is not a problem that should just go away, let alone be ignored.

OK, What is it?

This article says 46 million but BO says 30 million. I know the 16 million difference can't be illegals because the Democrats said they we not counted.

So now the same people who can't really be sure who many people need to be covered are absolutely positive that the current system is unsustainable and that a new government system will save trillions by covering more people with all sorts of pre-existing conditions and without any denial of coverage to anyone but can't say how this will happen.

Old 09-22-2009, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Detroit MoveOn Council are continuing efforts in supporting Health Care Reform. We remain passionate due to the fact that approximately 46 millions Americans are currently without access to quality Health Care. This is not a problem that should just go away, let alone be ignored.

OK, What is it?

This article says 46 million but BO says 30 million. I know the 16 million difference can't be illegals because the Democrats said they we not counted.

So now the same people who can't really be sure who many people need to be covered are absolutely positive that the current system is unsustainable and that a new government system will save trillions by covering more people with all sorts of pre-existing conditions and without any denial of coverage to anyone but can't say how this will happen.

My favorite part of the MoveOn web site were the total number of participants for both events. A whopping 567! If they all bring a full size mirror, I am certain their cohorts in the media will claim it is the biggest protest in US history bar none!

Old 09-22-2009, 04:23 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,215,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Very true. Furthermore, if you make a change to your existing policy, within the first 5 years after H.R. 3200 becomes law, you automatically lose your private health insurance and must enroll in the mandated government program. After the fifth year the bill has been law, everyone is required to be enrolled in the mandated government program. I refuse to bastardized the English language like liberals have by pretending there is some kind of "option" involved. So much for the liberal "choice and competition" lie.
Okay. Prove your ^^^ assertions with excerpts from "the bill"...........

Are those statements just what you "believe" will happen, or do you have any proof to back them up?

Talk is cheap.

Old 09-22-2009, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Your sarcastic accusatory question was not worthy of an answer. Why would I choose to share a personal family experience with you? So what is your belief? That there are no individuals or families suffering due to arbitrary health insurance company decisions or lack of health insurance due to ridiculous costs? Are you a Holocaust denier too? BTW...if I didn't have a personal experience, I would still despair to hear of the suffering of others. That is called empathy!

You left our racist.

Old 09-22-2009, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Okay. Prove your ^^^ assertions with excerpts from "the bill"...........

Are those statements just what you "believe" will happen, or do you have any proof to back them up?

Talk is cheap.
See Section 102(a) of H.R. 3200:

Quote:
(1) LIMITATION ON NEW ENROLLMENT-
(A) IN GENERAL- Except as provided in this paragraph, the individual health insurance issuer offering such coverage does not enroll any individual in such coverage if the first effective date of coverage is on or after the first day of Y1.
(2) LIMITATION ON CHANGES IN TERMS OR CONDITIONS- Subject to paragraph (3) and except as required by law, the issuer does not change any of its terms or conditions, including benefits and cost-sharing, from those in effect as of the day before the first day of Y1.
As long as you have an existing policy BEFORE the law is enacted, you can keep your policy for a maximum period of 5 years. However, if you do not have an insurance policy prior to the law taking effect, or change your policy after the law goes into effect, then you are not considered "grandfathered" and must enroll in the government program or be fined by the IRS.

With regard to the 5-year limitation before everyone must be enrolled in the government program, see Section 102(b) of H.R. 3200:

Quote:
(b) Grace Period for Current Employment-based Health Plans-
(1) GRACE PERIOD-
(A) IN GENERAL- The Commissioner shall establish a grace period whereby, for plan years beginning after the end of the 5-year period beginning with Y1, an employment-based health plan in operation as of the day before the first day of Y1 must meet the same requirements as apply to a qualified health benefits plan under section 101, including the essential benefit package requirement under section 121.
Source: http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d111:H.R.3200:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies