Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 05:04 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFSilver View Post
If I join the Republican party in a year, I don't have to become a liar do I?

It's not mandatory but you won't be taught the secret handshake or get your magic decoder ring unless you do.

Last edited by burdell; 09-23-2009 at 06:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 06:14 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,547,506 times
wow... is that really true? ... My idea if I was a republican I thought would be to
show our good will and strength of morality by first standing up for all taxpayers
and insisting that tax-payers money would cease financing high-risk trading...
why should all working americans finance this gambling?

This has killed our economy to me... I'm just learning about this...

I would do this To gain people's trust again in our party's morality... just like what
Obama did on the world stage. Why should we wait to be told what is moral and
go do it?

Why can't we just stand for the good of all people... haven't we learn something
by now? Doing stuff like this would help people trust us again after abusing their
trust with crooked laws. I want to believe the party can change.

Terrorism is a tool of fear used by our enemies and we ourselves use it which is crazy,
against one another. Like a family using tactics against it's own family members
to make them weak. What are we doing... surely there are issues specially more
geared to a republican or democrat way of thinking, but safety should not be
one of them.

I'm against manipulating basic common concerns for party aims. This is immoral to me.
As a responsible citizen, we should want no one afraid in our community, not just
guarentee a caring concern if they're a democrat, an independent, or the republican
living in the right part of town.

This kinda responsibility would really make the republican party live again.

I got to go eat dinner... cya

RFSilver

Old 09-23-2009, 06:21 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,211,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Terror warnings, after eight years of relative safety. Obama is perceived as weak. Our enemies are moving against us once again.

We are no longer safe. The Obama administration is weakening our defenses, and not committed to fighting terrorism. Victory is a word he is "uncomfortable with" (his words).

Expect another attack on America. Only the next one, as promised, will be worse than 9/11. And you can thank Obama.
Yea nonsense... As like most republicans your memory is short, like an elephant. In case you need to be brought up to speed the big one happened on your boy Bushies watch you know the infamous 9/11...

Old 09-23-2009, 06:34 PM

2,897 posts, read 20,339,386 times
RFSilver, your idea on Republicans returning to morality as demonstrated by seeing that taxpayer dollars no longer fund bank gambling is fantastic. Also, for us to widen our focus to the safety of all Americans would be a great service to the party and our country as a whole and do much to help us to remember that we are Americans, irrespective of party alliances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFSilver View Post
If I join the Republican party in a year, I don't have to become a liar do I?

I don't want to become corrupt and corrupt kids before the world wide net
of international people. This is asking to much of a decent person...

wooowww.... disappointed...

I am ashamed at the behavior that you have witnessed. Maybe you were raised to think that Republicans had higher morals than anyone else. As you can see that is not true. Maybe you were raised to believe that Republicans operated based on a higher standard of truth. As you can see that is not true. Maybe you were raised to believe that Republicans were less apt to be corrupting to their youth as you have felt in your heart. It is not true.

RFSilver, I'm not going to sit here and justify this and say this is life itself because it doesn't have to be. You have your life ahead of you. If you wish to become a Republican who doesn't lie, you can do that, though I do understand that you are looking for ideals to which you can aspire at this time in your life and that you're looking for a political party that you can be proud of at this time in your life. And with youth comes idealism which is a natural stage in this time of your life.

Maybe where you grew up, Republicans were the bulwarks of the community, moral leaders and business leaders who understood they lived in an interdependent relationship with other human beings.

My advice to you, in this forum, would be to find individuals who speak in the way you wish to speak and forget about parties for now. Just forget about the party. Maybe after a while, amongst those individuals you admire in this forum, you will come to know their party affiliation and go forward from that point. Maybe that person might end up being a Democrat, a liberal--and yes, really, I cringe at the thought--but we're talking about your life here and your goal to become a moral person.

I cannot justify what was done and what you witnessed and, in fact, I'm not going to try to. Everyone who says they are a Republican in spirit, is not. If you like the way I present myself or any other Republicans represent themselves or conservatives, then maybe your heart will feel better. What you said was right and true. I am not so jaded that I will stand by and watch youthful enthusiasm and belief be twisted simply because a screen name professes to be of my party.

I, for one, enjoyed your perspective and found it fresh, new, innovative, creative, and insightful. If we had more Republican youth of your ilk, there would be no problem ushering in a new age for the party.

We need to have Republicans in the next generation who are open, fair, moral, and sensitive to not only business but to human beings and their problems across socioeconomic and racial lines, if we are to survive as a viable party in this new century.

We must make room for moral idealists within the Republican world.

Last edited by Topaz_Flowers; 09-23-2009 at 06:45 PM..

Old 09-23-2009, 07:13 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,140,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
what lies
You do a complete disservice to your point of view when you write a sentence and ignore grammar. Is this a question? Is this a statement? Did you ever go to school? Yes, Bush lied. Google it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I never said Obama made jokes about 9-11
and he gets on tv all the time and uses gloom and doom to try and scare people
he blasted bush for it, but he does it when he wants to take over something or spend another trillion or two
lately it is his health care that he can even explain
I would for once like him to make a decision that is for our good intead of his power
I have a friend right now on the front lines of Obama's "right war"
and while he is scratching his ass wondering if he should send troops or not, he is putting our people in danger
bring them all home, or send them back up, but for crying out loud
do something that takes some courage.
The biggest thing I resent and disrespect him for is he can not make a decision, he lies, I am sick of him and most of the others in washington.
What do you define as courage? Is using weapons courageous? Is threatening other people courageous? Is spending for war instead of health care courageous? It appears your view of "strength" and "courage" are outdated. Violence never achieves the desired end no matter who started the whole thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2My3 View Post
Why don't you listen to some real soliders and some real families....other than Cindy Sheehan on MSNBC. They know what they are fighting for!! DO you?
After reading your posts here, I feel sorry for your children. Anyway, the troops are fighting because it makes someone a profit somewhere. They are fighting a group of mind-controlled people who exist solely because of America's crimes in their countries. They are so dispersed abroad that when we need them at home, it will be too late. They are mind-controlled to believe they are defending freedom when in fact they are defending the right of one country's government (through its corporations) to interfere with the affairs of other governments for the rape of resources and the ultimate destruction of civilization. In case this isn't obvious, these are NOT lofty goals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Yea nonsense... As like most republicans your memory is short, like an elephant. In case you need to be brought up to speed the big one happened on your boy Bushies watch you know the infamous 9/11...
I thought elephants had great memories?!

Old 09-23-2009, 07:14 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,629,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Many rational people understand fully the lingering McCarthyeque fear-mongering the NeoConfused cling to for lack of anything else.
"McCarthyeque fear-mongering"---LOL. Silly phrases like this demonstrate liberals' ignorance (perhaps willfully so) that McCarthy was 100% correct, so your phrase flops.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
How about come STRAIGHT out and say what was going on. And considering you have you partisan blinders on "as usual" even those on the RIGHT didn't get the color coding either.
Typical liberal lack of humor (and color-blindness).

Old 09-23-2009, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBrownBiscuit View Post
Surely, this must be in the top 10 most ridiculous comments ever posted on CDF.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~
and your handle is in the top 2.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:22 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,344,746 times

Old 09-23-2009, 07:25 PM

459 posts, read 805,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Typical liberal lack of humor (and color-blindness).

Generalizing!! CLASSY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies