Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 01:07 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times

Advertisements

Video of the students at the Burlington, N.J., school shows them singing songs seemingly overflowing with campaign slogans and praise for "Barack Hussein Obama," repeatedly chanting the president's name and celebrating his accomplishments, including his "great plans" to "make this country's economy No. 1 again."

One song that the children were taught quotes directly from the spiritual "Jesus Loves the Little Children," though Jesus' name is replaced with Obama's: "He said red, yellow, black or white/All are equal in his sight. Barack Hussein Obama."

"I'm stunned -- I can't believe it's our school," said Jim Pronchik, who told FOXNews.com his 8-year-old son Jimmy was one of the 18 students in the video. "We don't want to praise this guy like he's a god or an idol or a king or anything like that. That's the wrong message to be sending."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/24/elementary-school-students-reportedly-taught-songs-praising-president-obama/ (broken link)

Old 09-25-2009, 01:20 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Video of the students at the Burlington, N.J., school shows them singing songs seemingly overflowing with campaign slogans and praise for "Barack Hussein Obama," repeatedly chanting the president's name and celebrating his accomplishments, including his "great plans" to "make this country's economy No. 1 again."

One song that the children were taught quotes directly from the spiritual "Jesus Loves the Little Children," though Jesus' name is replaced with Obama's: "He said red, yellow, black or white/All are equal in his sight. Barack Hussein Obama."

"I'm stunned -- I can't believe it's our school," said Jim Pronchik, who told FOXNews.com his 8-year-old son Jimmy was one of the 18 students in the video. "We don't want to praise this guy like he's a god or an idol or a king or anything like that. That's the wrong message to be sending."

Review Ordered of Video Showing Students Singing Praises of President Obama - Political News - FOXNews.com (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/24/elementary-school-students-reportedly-taught-songs-praising-president-obama/ - broken link)
It was seven (7) months ago during "Black History Month" celebrating the first balck POTUS. How is this replacing Jesus? What do you find frightening about this?

Old 09-25-2009, 01:26 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
It was seven (7) months ago during "Black History Month" celebrating the first balck POTUS. How is this replacing Jesus? What do you find frightening about this?

And it took this long for the story to break. Makes me wonder what else is going on we don't know about yet.

Liberals have really cornered the market on creepy.

Old 09-25-2009, 01:37 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
You don't it the tiniest bit creepy???

Old 09-25-2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
And it took this long for the story to break. Makes me wonder what else is going on we don't know about yet.

Liberals have really cornered the market on creepy.
To break? This is not exactly front page newsworthy. We've had many really important stories that were newsworthy go totally under the radar and this is the one that you find important enough to start a thread about? It was 7 months ago and completely innocuous. Can't the right wing Limbaugh crowd come up with anything of real importance? I suppose not.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 09-25-2009 at 01:47 PM..

Old 09-25-2009, 01:40 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,594,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post

Review Ordered of Video Showing Students Singing Praises of President Obama - Political News - FOXNews.com (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/24/elementary-school-students-reportedly-taught-songs-praising-president-obama/ - broken link)

Well..if he keeps this up...he'll be crucified in the next election...

Old 09-25-2009, 01:49 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,863,294 times
Quote:
So who will they celebrate and what songs will they sing during "White History Month"????

Old 09-25-2009, 01:56 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
To break? This is not exactly front page newsworthy. We've had many really important stories that were newsworthy go totally under the radar and this is the one that you find important enough to start a thread about? It was 7 months ago and completely innocuous. Can't the right wing Limbaugh crowd come up with anything of real importance? I suppose not.
I suppose there just wasn't any more juicy gossip about the love life of Sarah Palin's daughter.

Old 09-25-2009, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
You don't it the tiniest bit creepy???
Not at all, but this one made the hair on the back of my neck stand up...

YouTube - Jesus Camp Extract Praise Bush

Old 09-25-2009, 02:04 PM

4,697 posts, read 6,449,100 times
Yet another thread about this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies