Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2009, 12:48 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times

Advertisements

which in other words means you have no real substantial rebuttal to these very valid points.

in essence you are waving a white flag.
im glad you know better.
your arguments are flawed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Ok, thanks. We'll just have to agree to disagree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 12:49 PM

so do you also not use the mouth? or the hand for pleasure?

and what do you think a vagina does every month? its explodes in a bloody rage. you feel thats a playground.

very weak argument.

come better toots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Youare calling people scum that have retained their common sense? I believe the scum are those that think the b*tt is a playground when it is to eliminate bodily waste. YUNK!

Old 09-30-2009, 12:56 PM

ridiculous!!!
do you also get mad when woman call you honey? or is it just the gays?

you are not seeing the individual for who they are. you make a lot of assumptions and you limit your life.

some of the brightest, most caring individuals that i have met have talked with horrendous southern twangs. or "urban" accents.

should i just say, miss me with that southern dialect!

the fact that you choose to focus on something as petty as the way someone talks makes you sound very young and ignorant.

when i meet people i dont worry how they talk, i listen to the substance of their words.

if you are not wise enough to realize that, then maybe with age you will appreciate peopels differences. and not place some moral judgement on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panter88 View Post
Just because people don't agree with the gay lifestlye doesn't make them "phobic" which means afraid.

I'm not prejudice against gays but I don't entertain some of their actions. A man thats gay but acts professional I can deal with. But a "***" is different. I won't allow him to talk to me in a flamboyant way. I'm a grown azz man and I'll be damned if you gonna address me as "honey" or "chile". *****s that.

Same thing with these "butches". Aint no "whats up dogg" or that other bullshyt. They can miss me with that. At the end of the day, each month is a reminder of who they really are....lol.

Old 09-30-2009, 01:07 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,047,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
First of all, marriage is not a constitutional right, and secondly gay people can get married to members of the opposite sex. Lastly, it is not an excellent post, in your opinion. In my opinion, it is an excellent post. See, people can disagree on issues.
Sorry, having a blonde moment here - 'gay people CAN get married to members of the 'opposite sex'??? Uh, people who are gay are attracted to members of the same sex so why would they want to marry someone of the opposite sex? To steal a line from Man of the Year when Robin Williams is talking about same-sex marriage during the debate scene, "The president wants to pass an amendment banning same-sex marriage. Anybody who's been married knows it's always the same sex!" The point of the comment was what the heck is the big deal? Love is love so why should it matter if the 2 people in love and want to get married are the 'same sex'. This isn't about doing it with minors, etc. but 2 consensual adults of the same sex being allowed to get married. Just don't get why it's such a big deal

Old 09-30-2009, 01:17 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
ridiculous!!!
do you also get mad when woman call you honey? or is it just the gays?

you are not seeing the individual for who they are. you make a lot of assumptions and you limit your life.

some of the brightest, most caring individuals that i have met have talked with horrendous southern twangs. or "urban" accents.

should i just say, miss me with that southern dialect!

the fact that you choose to focus on something as petty as the way someone talks makes you sound very young and ignorant.

when i meet people i dont worry how they talk, i listen to the substance of their words.

if you are not wise enough to realize that, then maybe with age you will appreciate peopels differences. and not place some moral judgement on them.

I kinda understand what the poster is saying. I've commented before that I have a male coworker and when he's talking to me he has a normal tone of voice and we have just regular conversation but when he gets around others (especially black men) he gets an accent out of nowhere and every other word is "Child, hush, boo, ok, you know!" at an octave 10 times higher all the whilst craning his neck and rolling his eyes.

When the Magic went to the playoffs he was telling me about the game, then a group of girls came over and joined in and suddenly he was a one-man comedy show talking bout how fine the players were.

I really liked him when he was just being him; he was a funny guy but I always noticed that his mannerisms would change when he was in the presence of certain people. I often wanted to ask him why does he feel the need to put on a show but I never had the nerve.

Old 09-30-2009, 02:55 PM

you should ask him. i would be interested to know.
i never been around people like that. most people i know are pretty genuine, up front and real-- regardless. what you see is what you get, be it "funny", "ghetto", proper, country, uppitty, or whatever.

i question this other poster because he has no tolernace for people who are a certain way. your situation is a bit different. if your colleague straight acted like he does with other women all the time (ala rupaul), would that bother you? i think its the fact that they "perform" for others that bothers you.
this other poster just doesnt like the way this person is. you dont like the 2 faced-ness of the person in question. two different things.

i personally dont have a problem with gays saying honey child to me. it dont affect who i am as a man. i think its funny really.

but some people dont like that. they have certain irrational fears. (shurgs shoulders)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I kinda understand what the poster is saying. I've commented before that I have a male coworker and when he's talking to me he has a normal tone of voice and we have just regular conversation but when he gets around others (especially black men) he gets an accent out of nowhere and every other word is "Child, hush, boo, ok, you know!" at an octave 10 times higher all the whilst craning his neck and rolling his eyes.

When the Magic went to the playoffs he was telling me about the game, then a group of girls came over and joined in and suddenly he was a one-man comedy show talking bout how fine the players were.

I really liked him when he was just being him; he was a funny guy but I always noticed that his mannerisms would change when he was in the presence of certain people. I often wanted to ask him why does he feel the need to put on a show but I never had the nerve.

Old 09-30-2009, 03:18 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times
Here is another reasons blacks and all parents should be against gays. Here is another criminal scumbag in hussein obama's administration who did nothing about a minor having bathroom sex with a gay adult.

Head of Office of Safe and Drug Free Schools Expresses Regret for Controversial Incident - Political Punch

As Jennings wrote:
“’Brewster has something he needs to talk with you about,’ she intoned ominously. Brewster squirmed at the prospect of telling, and we sat silently for a short while. On a hunch, I suddenly asked ‘What’s his name?’ Brewster’s eyes widened briefly, and then out spilled a story about his involvement with an older man he had met in Boston. I listened, sympathized, and offered advice. He left my office with a smile on his face that I would see every time I saw him on the campus for the next two years, until he graduated.”
Jennings in 2000 told a GLSEN conference that Brewster told him he “’met someone in the bus station bathroom and I went home with him.’ High school sophomore, 15 years old. That was the only way he knew how to meet gay people. I was a closeted gay teacher, 24 years old, didn’t know what to say, knew I should say something quickly.

That Jennings knew of a sexually active 15-year-old, of any gender, involved with “an older man” and didn’t take steps to report that relationship to the student’s parents or to authorities has made him a target for criticism -- long before he was put in charge of the Office of Safe and Drug Free Schools.

Old 09-30-2009, 03:38 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Here is another reasons blacks and all parents should be against gays. Here is another criminal scumbag in hussein obama's administration who did nothing about a minor having bathroom sex with a gay adult.

Head of Office of Safe and Drug Free Schools Expresses Regret for Controversial Incident - Political Punch

As Jennings wrote:
“’Brewster has something he needs to talk with you about,’ she intoned ominously. Brewster squirmed at the prospect of telling, and we sat silently for a short while. On a hunch, I suddenly asked ‘What’s his name?’ Brewster’s eyes widened briefly, and then out spilled a story about his involvement with an older man he had met in Boston. I listened, sympathized, and offered advice. He left my office with a smile on his face that I would see every time I saw him on the campus for the next two years, until he graduated.”
Jennings in 2000 told a GLSEN conference that Brewster told him he “’met someone in the bus station bathroom and I went home with him.’ High school sophomore, 15 years old. That was the only way he knew how to meet gay people. I was a closeted gay teacher, 24 years old, didn’t know what to say, knew I should say something quickly.

That Jennings knew of a sexually active 15-year-old, of any gender, involved with “an older man” and didn’t take steps to report that relationship to the student’s parents or to authorities has made him a target for criticism -- long before he was put in charge of the Office of Safe and Drug Free Schools.
Did you even read the article? This was an incident that happened in 1988, and he states that he realizes he should have handled the situation very differently, and that is why he included it in the book.

Old 09-30-2009, 04:44 PM

2,340 posts, read 4,631,920 times
Why is this post abn acceptable topic, but the post that asked why Black people are sooo sexy was closed?

This post has been here for days. So, it is only acceptable to post and respond to the bigoted threads on this forum?

Old 09-30-2009, 04:44 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Did you even read the article? This was an incident that happened in 1988, and he states that he realizes he should have handled the situation very differently, and that is why he included it in the book.
He views the situation different now that hussein obama put him in his administration and he's in the spotlight. HE SHOULD BE NO WHERE NEAR CHILDREN OR HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE SCHOOLS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies