Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2009, 05:51 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,210,816 times

Advertisements

I am glad to hear there is a growing number pushing for him to return to US and face a judge!
Even ole' Hollywood, at least some of them, are speaking out against him.
Good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 05:53 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,306,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
the behavior of the court on this case is awful.
What I want to know is did the victim go to the police immediately after it occurred? Did she have a rape kit? Even in 1978, they would perform these.

Old 10-01-2009, 05:55 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,388,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Even if judicial misconduct occured, it's his legal resposibility to address that with the courts. He was not permitted to flee the country. He could have appealed any subsequent decision at the sentencing but he feared imprisonment and left. The victim testafied that he raped her in a court deposition. Saying what would have resulted in a trial is immaterial; the fact is a trial never occurred partly because Polanski fleed the country and didn't honor our judicial system by appealing. The ony thing that is relevant is the fact that he left. The point is he evaded the law and thus is guilty of that.

Samantha Geimer says in deposition she was afraid of Roman Polanski, tried to go home before assault | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times
I don't want to bore anyone with my opinion, I've already posted it. Samantha Geimer's own atty said what the judge did was frankly outrageous.
See my posts #99 (link to interview) and #124 please

Old 10-01-2009, 06:03 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,114,885 times
He has had years of freedom he should never have experienced. He should count himself lucky and spend the rest of his worthless life in prison. They have arrested women in their 50s who have lived a decent life as upstanding citizens, wives, mothers, without another blemish on their records because of what they did 30 years ago. How is this dirtbag any different?

Old 10-01-2009, 06:04 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
Quote:
What I want to know is did the victim go to the police immediately after it occurred? Did she have a rape kit? Even in 1978, they would perform these.
Yes, her mother was outraged and went to the police.

He was arrested the next day.

Old 10-01-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
I don't want to bore anyone with my opinion, I've already posted it. Samantha Geimer's own atty said what the judge did was frankly outrageous.
See my posts #99 (link to interview) and #124 please
Who is disagreeing with that? I'm just providing the facts. It still doesn't give Polanski the legal right to flee the country. It's his legal responsibility to address that with the court. If you can find some type of law that permits people to flee the country in that case, I'm all ears. Furthermore, Polanski had the opportunity to appear in an LA court and address the judicial misconduct charges but he refused and decided to remain a fugitive. He sent someone on his behalf but the courts requested that he be there in person to which he refused.

Old 10-01-2009, 06:21 PM

193 posts, read 191,918 times
sanrene,
I stand corrected. So I guess it's okay to fry his butt and let females continue to manipulate using sex with no repercussions for them at all. I hate that he did what he did but society allowing young girls to be used for manipulative purposes is also bad. I have seen it done and had it tried on me, but I had an audio tape of her mother's attempt to extort from me using the threat of her daughter accusing me of doing something I did not nor ever would do. The cops got the tape. The mom got zilch. But they nearly ruined my reputation and I was innocent. I tell you, females can be very very bad. Give them such universal power and you have the recipe for disaster. This guy is a creep and him spending the rest of his life in jail will not make me cry. What I disagree with is the vehemence of these obviously female and pro-feminist posters who go after every male with equal hate.

Old 10-01-2009, 06:25 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,742,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yes, her mother was outraged and went to the police.

He was arrested the next day.
The same mother who brought her daughter to him to pose for pictures - all kinds of pictures. Of course she went to the police; it was all in the plan. Great Mom. Hoping for a nice settlement. There's a reason the victim - now in her 40s - wants to forget the whole thing and doesn't want him charged.

Old 10-01-2009, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halleda View Post
sanrene,
I stand corrected. So I guess it's okay to fry his butt and let females continue to manipulate using sex with no repercussions for them at all. I hate that he did what he did but society allowing young girls to be used for manipulative purposes is also bad. I have seen it done and had it tried on me, but I had an audio tape of her mother's attempt to extort from me using the threat of her daughter accusing me of doing something I did not nor ever would do. The cops got the tape. The mom got zilch. But they nearly ruined my reputation and I was innocent. I tell you, females can be very very bad. Give them such universal power and you have the recipe for disaster. This guy is a creep and him spending the rest of his life in jail will not make me cry. What I disagree with is the vehemence of these obviously female and pro-feminist posters who go after every male with equal hate.
How was the girl manipulating Polanski? Polanski invited her to do the photo shoot not vice versa. Polanski could have chosen any girl but he wanted her. Polanski slipped quaaludes into her champange to sedate her. The girl told him 'no' and he continued to sodomize her. How does this issue have anything to do with gender and pro-feminism? So because we are respecting the right of an individual who happens to be female, we are being pro-feminists?

Old 10-01-2009, 06:31 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,388,314 times
Quote:
How was the girl manipulating Polanski? Polanski invited her to do the photo shoot not vice versa. Polanski could have chosen any girl but he wanted her. Polanski slipped quaaludes into her champange to sedate her. The girl told him 'no' and he continued to sodomize her. How does this issue have anything to do with gender and pro-feminism? So because we are respecting the right of an individual who happens to be female, we are being pro-feminists?
He did not slip qualuudes into her champagne, he gave her a piece of a qualuude, which she admitted she had taken before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies