Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 04:22 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,317,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Obama HAS regained respect for America around the World. I travel the World and i live in Europe some of the year. I know first hand what the real public opinion is across the globe of Obama and he is seen as a new forward thinking President. His colour is not a problem outside America. His attempts to improve America for normal everyday Americans is Applauded in every other industrialised Nation but not by the "Elitists" in America. Obama is America's chance to become a Country for ALL Americans and not just the "chosen few" who love their wealth more than their Country.
Do you conduct your own poll, walk around and ask people at random how they feel about America?
The perception of our entire country by the rest of the world is determined by one person who holds the Presedential office?
Get off it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2009, 04:30 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
Quote:
Obama HAS regained respect for America around the World. I travel the World and i live in Europe some of the year. I know first hand what the real public opinion is across the globe of Obama and he is seen as a new forward thinking President. His colour is not a problem outside America. His attempts to improve America for normal everyday Americans is Applauded in every other industrialised Nation but not by the "Elitists" in America. Obama is America's chance to become a Country for ALL Americans and not just the "chosen few" who love their wealth more than their Country.
you are naive if you think that obama is not defending the "elitists" of wall street. how is he fighting wall street corruption? where is the reform? why are the banks being allowed to hide toxic assets and embed them into the system?

this is a man who voted for the big bank bailouts, but who also chose not to bail out CIT group, the largest small business minority lender in the country, which will cost US taxpayers 2.3 billion dollars for that decision. (although goldman sachs stands to gain 1 billion dollars). he has expressly rewarded his wall street friends since election. look at the deal where his friend soros benefits from the US giving money to brazil to develop petrobras. (think of the irony that we use american money to help other countries develop their own oil strategies but refuse to develop our own....)

our dollar is weakening globally, as is our purchasing power, due to sheer incompetence. the government cannot make up for the contraction in private credit and has increased our debt load in the attempt to do so.

Old 10-09-2009, 05:00 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,847,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Do you conduct your own poll, walk around and ask people at random how they feel about America?
The perception of our entire country by the rest of the world is determined by one person who holds the Presedential office?
Get off it.
YES i do conduct my own polls. I ask many people on my travels about their thoughts on Obama. 99% are extremely positive. Americans have for many years been seen by the rest of the World as extremely arrogant, Naive and with no idea of the rest of the World. This view is from the small proportion of Americans who actually travel outside the USA but that is all that the World has to judge Americans on as many, many, many never leave America.
The Preaident is your most important amabassador in the eyes of the World. I spend half the year in America and most of the everyday Americans are nothing like the bigots that seem to flock to C.D.....thank God.

Old 10-09-2009, 05:06 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,317,511 times
Quote:
YES i do conduct my own polls. I ask many people on my travels about their thoughts on Obama. 99% are extremely positive. Americans have for many years been seen by the rest of the World as extremely arrogant, Naive and with no idea of the rest of the World. This view is from the small proportion of Americans who actually travel outside the USA but that is all that the World has to judge Americans on as many, many, many never leave America.
The Preaident is your most important amabassador in the eyes of the World. I spend half the year in America and most of the everyday Americans are nothing like the bigots that seem to flock to C.D.....thank God.
Labeling people who disagree with Obama as "bigots" doesn't do much for your credibility.

Old 10-09-2009, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
you are naive if you think that obama is not defending the "elitists" of wall street. how is he fighting wall street corruption? where is the reform? why are the banks being allowed to hide toxic assets and embed them into the system?
You are Naive if you think Obama can change Wall Street on his own. He wants restrictions on big bonuses and more accountability but is thwarted by the self interest that exists in right and the left.

this is a man who voted for the big bank bailouts, but who also chose not to bail out CIT group, the largest small business minority lender in the country, which will cost US taxpayers 2.3 billion dollars for that decision. (although goldman sachs stands to gain 1 billion dollars). he has expressly rewarded his wall street friends since election. look at the deal where his friend soros benefits from the US giving money to brazil to develop petrobras. (think of the irony that we use american money to help other countries develop their own oil strategies but refuse to develop our own....)
Bush was President when the bailout was presented and put through.....Obama and McCain both signed it.
Bailing out Big Corps was NOT what the American public wanted yet you complain about citicorp not getting a bailout, when is enough enough????????
our dollar is weakening globally, as is our purchasing power, due to sheer incompetence. the government cannot make up for the contraction in private credit and has increased our debt load in the attempt to do so.
The Dollar is now stronger than when Obama took office. We could get nearly 2 Dollars to the British pound when Bush was President now it is hovering around 1.5 Dollars to the British Pound. The Dollar is STRONGER not weaker.

Old 10-09-2009, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Labeling people who disagree with Obama as "bigots" doesn't do much for your credibility.
Hey if the cap fits.....................

Old 10-09-2009, 05:27 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
Quote:
what a joke. what does his color have to do with anything? it's his epic failures at everything he touches that make him the POS he is today. Anybody that feels he has done anything good is a mentally challenged fool.
BTW, I was in London in May and nobody cared about him. Same with Paris. I didn't see one picture of him and nobody ever mentioned him.

Old 10-09-2009, 05:35 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post

But I was wrong. According to Valerie Jarrett, it was as good as in the bag, and all that was needed was a personal visit from 0bama to tip the scales. So 0bama and his wife go to make the personal pitch, that will push Chicago over the top, and he and his wife do such a terrible job, that not only was Chicago not selected, it was kicked to the curb during the very first elimination round.
Not a fan of the President but frankly his "appearance" didn't help or hurt Chicago's chances.

"Rep. Mike Quigley, a Democrat from Chicago's North Side, said the city's lack of a federal guarantee to pay for the Games -- which other bidders had -- was a big reason for the loss. It is understood among U.S. candidate cities that while the federal government provides security, it is up to the city to secure private-sector sponsors and sign a revenue guarantee."

Full-Court Press by White House Fails to Sway Committee - WSJ.com

Somebody in his administration didn't do their job to check if things were in order so he wouldn't risk being made to look foolish. I'd start with that Jarrett woman. Do you think he would have gone to make a pitch had he known the above?

Old 10-09-2009, 05:54 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
But I was wrong. According to Valerie Jarrett, it was as good as in the bag, and all that was needed was a personal visit from 0bama to tip the scales. So 0bama and his wife go to make the personal pitch, that will push Chicago over the top, and he and his wife do such a terrible job, that not only was Chicago not selected, it was kicked to the curb during the very first elimination round.

So let me get this straight, during president Bush's administration, we were able to get the IOC to select Chicago, and then 0bama comes along and loses it? That's right, Chicago made the list of four cities while Bush was president, and then was the first to lose it under an 0bama presidency.
I dont see how you get "as good as in the bag....all that was needed..." from the Valerie Jarrett quote.

Why, you'd have to exaggerate to get those interpretations.

Nice try though.

That msnbc article links to this interesting-ish, detailed story.

Old 10-09-2009, 06:48 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,821,926 times
Quote:
....Obama Bashing is becoming soooooooooooo pathetic now.
Heck it's just getting started....Obama and the left make it soooooooooo easy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies