Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 12:58 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIOC View Post
You are a lost cause, what you are taking about is not simply supply and demand. A concept that still seems to allude you.

What you are talking about is supply and demand, mixed with scientific and human process, with a lot of marketing , and economies of scale thrown in.
Now we're getting somewhere. I've been trying to get you see that there are other factors other than simply supply and demand that determine price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
That is absolutely untrue on many levels.

But, if that's how you treat your body... you reap what you sow.
And what I've reaped is a strong body.

Old 10-06-2009, 01:03 PM

1,147 posts, read 1,899,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Now we're getting somewhere. I've been trying to get you see that there are other factors other than simply supply and demand that determine price.

You don't understand the basics of supply and demand. How can you go deeper when what you say about the basics is wrong? It's like discussing the finer point of driving with someone on the wrong side of the road.

Old 10-06-2009, 01:04 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
Food is energy. Nothing more than caloric intake. Taste is immaterial--I can't even taste most foods. Comes from growing up in a home where I might not get ANYTHING to eat that day...so when I got something, I ate it regardless of what it might have tasted like. I've trained my body to ignore taste.
Boy, you sure do post an awful lot in the Food Forum for somebody that ignores taste and to whom food is just 'caloric intake'.

Old 10-06-2009, 01:07 PM

Yeah, it's simply reporting what I'm making at the moment. Sometimes I ask for advice on how to get things to the right texture, since there is science involved with cooking. It follows a logical progression.

Old 10-06-2009, 01:13 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
Yeah, it's simply reporting what I'm making at the moment. Sometimes I ask for advice on how to get things to the right texture, since there is science involved with cooking. It follows a logical progression.
Thanks for interpreting your posts there since they didn't read that way to me.

Old 10-06-2009, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIOC View Post
You don't understand the basics of supply and demand. How can you go deeper when what you say about the basics is wrong? It's like discussing the finer point of driving with someone on the wrong side of the road.

The English drive on the wrong side of the road--from our point of view, but they still drive. You have to accept that people see things differently than you.

Old 10-06-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
The English drive on the wrong side of the road--from our point of view, but they still drive. You have to accept that people see things differently than you.
LOL, this is not an opinion. You don't get to rewrite supply and demand because you don't like them. In capitalism this is how is works.

If you want to talk about another economic system like marxism, fascism, or bartering (all a kin to driving other other side of the road) then do that. But this is capitalism, and how it works.

I guess since you don't like/or are ignorant of American measuring system you can change the length of a foot, because the UK uses the metric system?

Last edited by LIOC; 10-06-2009 at 01:46 PM..

Old 10-06-2009, 01:37 PM

No, I think we see the same thing from different angles.

Old 10-06-2009, 01:41 PM

Quote:
No, I think we see the same thing from different angles.
No you just don't understand the concept or the math behind it.

Supply and demand - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Read A little. You will see there is a big flaw in your understanding of the concept.

I've taken too many econ and fin classes not to know this like the back of my hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies