Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 09:43 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
You can bang your head on the wall & repeat endlessly those words, it still won't make it magically true. Sorry.
You can deny the truth and it does not change the truth.
You can not be pro choice and not support abortion. keep the blinder over your head if you want, but the truth is stark
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 09:47 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
You can deny the truth and it does not change the truth.
You can not be pro choice and not support abortion. keep the blinder over your head if you want, but the truth is stark
Stop attacking me! Stop insulting me! Truth of the matter is, abortion is legal. I know that hurts you, but you have to face facts. My friend is pro-choice. She got pregnant & decided to have it since she was in a committed relationship. Did I mention she's pro-choice? She is pro allowing the woman to have a choice since as it is LEGAL, women have the CHOICE to either have one or not. It's really very simple. You are to the point where you are talking in circles, your words no longer have an impact, if they ever did.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:48 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,756,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
I'm pretty certain that common decency doesn't apply to the first amendment and unfortunately it protects the bigots, hate mongers, idiots, and fascists in this country as well.
Funny, liberals don't have any trouble with protesters holding up signs with pictures of victims of collateral damage in order to protest war.

These people aren't bigots or hatemongers. THEY BELIEVE that abortion is killing innocent BABIES. This is their right to believe and no one can say with authority that they are wrong. If people believe innocent babies are being slaughtered, shouldn't they DO EVERYTHING PEACEFULLY POSSIBLE to try and prevent it??

Quote:
I lump these ultra extreme pro-lifers with this group of nutjobs who I think should be thrown into the ocean, but I digress.
Sounds like you are not only a hateful person but also prone to violent fantasy. Sounds to me like it is you that the police need to be worried about, not some folks who are peacefully holding up signs.

Quote:
So my question is, what should be done about this? I person I know in that town is very upset that he drove by said protesters with his kid in the back seat who saw those disgusting pictures. I mean, it's one thing if you had one-sided pictures on the sidewalk facing the clinic, it's totally another when you have HUGE 20 ft posters with images on BOTH sides.
I have seen plenty of antiwar protests, PETA protests, and gay parades that are certainly not appropriate for children to see. If you ban one protest that may be innapropriate for children, then you need to ban them all.

Quote:
Part of me was considering doing something about this, but my question is, what? I am not blissfully ignorant of my actions like a high schooler, and thus I cannot simply fight them. Nor will I invite getting sued by them by lighting fire to their posters.
While I am not a pro-life protestor or any kind of protestor for that matter, if ANYONE ever lit a sign I was holding on fire, it would behoove them to have good dental insurance.

Quote:
Nor do I lack the common decency by putting up similar images of religious fanatics murdering innocent people by the day. I do not know if the police can do anything because insofar as I know, they're exercising their 1st amendment rights (just like those idiots who say that God is killing our soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan for our stances on gay rights ... ).
Your comparison of these pro-life protesters to the Westboro folks is not only ludicrous, it's shamefel. The Westboro people are preaching hate, the pro-lifers are, they believe, trying to save lives.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Something is pretty dang abnormal about pro life demonstrators being obsessed over showing 20 ft. tall posters showing doctored aborted fetuses while not giving a damn that little children can see them. It is, indeed, very sick headed. People with a very intense and deep, heart felt hatred against abortion would do themselves and society a favor by concentrating on supporting and encouraging the practice of birth control to prevent unwanted pregnancies from arising to start with. But the problem is that most of them would strongly disagree with this, claiming that the practice of birth control goes against God's will.

Do you have proof these photos are doctored? Are you trying to suggest that the abortion process is not inherently violent and results in mutilated fetuses?

Old 10-01-2009, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Stop attacking me! Stop insulting me! Truth of the matter is, abortion is legal. I know that hurts you, but you have to face facts. My friend is pro-choice. She got pregnant & decided to have it since she was in a committed relationship. Did I mention she's pro-choice? She is pro allowing the woman to have a choice since as it is LEGAL, women have the CHOICE to either have one or not. It's really very simple. You are to the point where you are talking in circles, your words no longer have an impact, if they ever did.
Pro choice means you support abortion. Whether my words have impact on you means Little as you hide your head in the sand.
U can not refute the fact if you are pro choice you are for abortions.
Sorry if that truth somehow bothers you. Its simple to understand

Old 10-01-2009, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
I'm pro-life, and find that disgusting. Some of the pro-lifers in this country are out of control. I would regard that exercise in free speech as dangerously close to shouting "Fire!" in a crowded theater.

I find this very disturbing. If you are pro-life then don't you believe innocent babies are being slaughtered? If so, then shouldn't you be all for folks doing anything PEACEFULLY that they can to try and prevent the slaughter?

I just can't follow your logic.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:57 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,902,551 times
The pro lifers should stop wasting their time. I am against late abortions, unless there is a medical reason to terminate a pregnancy. The earlier the better. Pro lifers could be spending their time and money directly helping overburdened mothers, volunteering at day care centers, etc. Are these pro lifers paying rent, and expenses for pregnant women who don't want to give up their babies ? Are they willing to support her until the child is 18 ? I doubt it.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:59 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Quote:
So do not presume when i think life begins.
Sorry, that was not my intention.

Quote:
I am in full support of education, free birth control and the morning after pill.
Glad to hear it. Yes, they really need to step up sexual education in high schools. There's a lot of misinformation, and with peer-pressure, and lack of knowledge people can get into a lot of trouble with STD's or teen pregnancies.

Quote:
for the mother who is not ready to be a mom , adoption is so simple and so easy.
I am not sure I would agree there. Simple and easy for the adoptive parents maybe, not for the birth mother. Carrying a baby for 10 months is a big deal for anyone, and I would imagine the psycholofical ramifications would be on par with a person who had an abortion, of course only IMHO.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:00 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:
Pro choice means you support abortion. Whether my words have impact on you means Little as you hide your head in the sand.
U can not refute the fact if you are pro choice you are for abortions.
Sorry if that truth somehow bothers you. Its simple to understand
Who's hiding their head in the sand? Not me, if I were I wouldn't be on here, now would I? Pro-choice means supporting a women's right to choose if she wants to have a baby or if she wants to have an abortion. There are many many people who do not support abortion, however they understand the women's right to choose. I don't see how that's so difficult for you to understand. It's really quite simple, but I think you're being obscured by your inability to see simple facts. Or maybe you're very religious, therefore are unable to think for yourself? Who knows. In any case, there it is for you to digest. Have fun!

Old 10-01-2009, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Sorry, that was not my intention.

Glad to hear it. Yes, they really need to step up sexual education in high schools. There's a lot of misinformation, and with peer-pressure, and lack of knowledge people can get into a lot of trouble with STD's or teen pregnancies.

I am not sure I would agree there. Simple and easy for the adoptive parents maybe, not for the birth mother. Carrying a baby for 10 months is a big deal for anyone, and I would imagine the psycholofical ramifications would be on par with a person who had an abortion, of course only IMHO.
Post adoption counseling is a high priority for first class adoption agencies. The one I volunteer at provide free counseling for life should the birth mother need it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies