Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 07:49 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,364,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indurain View Post
Obama inherited an economic basketcase, called the US economy.

To unwind the damage done through eight years of economic incompetence, will take at least 12-24 months.
It would be impossible to clean up eight years of delinquency more quickly.

Attention deficient rightwingers needed to be reminded that America lost 1.1million jobs alone in November and December 2008.

Another great Bush legacy.
I think that most fair thinkers here fail to differentiate the heavy over spending by Bush from the massive over spending by Obama except in degrees. To believe that more of the same poison pill will help the patient is partisan politics at its best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2009, 07:55 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,210,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
I think the problem is Republicans dont want Obama reelected in 2012. Every single basic idea that Obama has proposed has been met with heavy backlash from townhall rallies. How do you make change if your walking on eggshells? how do you make change when a large group people want you to fail?

Do you want President Obama to fail? do you pray for his downfall?

The far right (Palin supporters) are on an agenda to put Obama in a place where he wont be reelected. And its sad because they are hurting America in the process.

I am a democrat and I did not vote for Obama to begin with
I voted for Mccain and am proud to have done so
Obama is THE WORST president in my life time, I am 58
so I have been with a few
it is not the repubs that is causing Obama's polls to be droping like a rock
it is because Obama is a failure as a president and he has only been in for 9 months
he has caused more damage, spent more money, put our country down, blamed Bush and generally been a twitt and hack, and today he lost the olympics with a thud.
I hope he finally wakes up to the fact most of us are not gushing over him, we are fairly repulsed by him.
I am counting the days for him to be replaced, if he is not impeached first.

Old 10-02-2009, 07:55 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,762,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
But with your statement, you can very easily argue that Democrats are now the party with the big tent as they obviously all don't agree with each other. Most of Bush's policies with Republican control were rubber stamped and Senators such as Snowe were shunned.
Not true, virually all major decisions including Iraq were bipartisan.

Old 10-02-2009, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (901) View Post
I personally have never voted. Politics disqust me, Republican/Democrat....There all the same, a bunch of whinning b*tches.

It tires me to watch all the constant bickering back-n-forth. The only person I've ever even considered voting for was Ross Perot, that little fellow was hilarious, at least I could laugh when I would here him go on one of his rants.

Basically, we are Fooked, we will eventually self destruct.Think about it, I was born in 1964, Leave it to Beaver and Andy Griffith. Now every show on t.v. is filled with everyone fooking each others next door neighbor.

It will never get better, time has proven that

if you have never voted, you have not right to *****
shame on you

Old 10-02-2009, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indurain View Post
obama inherited an economic basketcase, called the us economy.

To unwind the damage done through eight years of economic incompetence, will take at least 12-24 months.
It would be impossible to clean up eight years of delinquency more quickly.

Attention deficient rightwingers needed to be reminded that america lost 1.1million jobs alone in november and december 2008.

Another great bush legacy.

gag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-02-2009, 08:24 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,418,899 times
Default After mulling over the problems I have concluded that Obama is the problem

Obama has created a deep partisan divide in this country. He lied throughout his campaign and people bought into his hope and change which turned out to be bait and switch. The left were so happy to see him elected President that they will defend him no matter the circumstance.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:27 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,904,704 times
Many Republicans are just miffed at not having the darlings Mc Cain and Palin "mavericking" on a daily basis. "We're mavericks" (grin, cringe)

Old 10-02-2009, 08:33 PM
obo

916 posts, read 986,614 times
He will be impeached within the next year

Old 10-02-2009, 08:33 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,540,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
no he won't.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:34 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post

Keep dreaming! Did Sean Hannity tell you this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies