Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 09:10 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,962,358 times

Advertisements

Some members of this forum almost "gleefully" hold out the notion that blacks are inherently less intelligent than whites.
They trot out the "statistics" of I.Q. tests in order to support their allegations.

They use this to say that every or near every ill in the black community is because "they are not intelligent enough to function in this society", "they just can't help it, it's their nature".

These same individuals will assert that racism has nothing to do with I.Q. testing and the results are just the by-product derived from said tests.

I assert and show that the very genesis of I.Q. testing was put forth to prove the intellectual inferiority of first the blacks, American Indians, and Mexicans, followed by Europeans from the southern areas of Europe.

The pioneers of I.Q. testing and proponents of Eugenics considered the Northern European as the pinnacle of human development.

The Pioneer Fund supplied monies to everyone from rabid racist to "Scientists" and "scholars" who sought to scientifically prove the inferiority of the black race :
http://www.iupui.edu/~histwhs/h699.dir/KennyPioneer.pdf

Wickliffe Draper - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In fact, Five of the main contributing authors of "The Bell Curve" were recipients of the Pioneer fund:
http://www.iupui.edu/~histwhs/h699.dir/KennyPioneer.pdf
P.260/Pioneer in the Spotlight.

http://www.eric.ed.gov/ERICDocs/data/ericdocs2sql/content_storage_01/0000019b/80/14/78/37.pdf (broken link)

I.Q. Tests disparity have more to do with the belief in Eugenics and Racial classification than anything else, the articles on some of the key proponents by their own words and actions make it plain:
Wickliffe Draper - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Lewis Terman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Take a look at the individuals and institutions that receive funding from the Pioneer Fund. They have influence with many schools, colleges, and Influential people around the world.
This a simply to maintain, support, influence, and perpetuate the ideas and belief in racial inferiority of non-whites along with Eugenics as a solution to maintaining, purifying the white race.

http://www.ferris.edu/isar/Institut/...r/homepage.htm

http://www.pioneerfund.org/

It sounds crazy that people would devout their lives to these beliefs, but again how many board members state the I.Q. test as "proof" of their claims of superiority.

I understand this is a lengthy post and looks like a home work assignment but please take the time to read the articles.

My intent is simply to expose the motives, fallacies, and reasoning behind the use of these I.Q. tests.

If I need to provide more information I will, I'm sure there are those who attempt to dismiss what is already provided.

This post is not to pit decent people of any race against the other, just simply to expose a lie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2009, 12:35 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,988,749 times
Well you've attacked the authors motives well enough.

Does that mean there are not IQ difference among the races?.................... No

Does that mean scoring high on standard IQ tests is not a good indicator of success in life? (Success in this case being the Western definiton...high paying career, family well being, etc)..........................No...Having a high IQ has a strong correlation with having a succesful career.

Of course we are talking here in terms of group outcomes. Individual results will vary.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:32 AM

3,007 posts, read 6,291,775 times
I am glad you posted this.

My response is in three parts. One, imagine taking a reasonably healthy adult with a decent social standing. Now kidnap him and take him to a far away and totally unfamiliar land with a fairly different climate. Work this guy hard in pure manual labour. Forbid him to read. Prevent him from building lasting social relationships by selling off his friend, bedding and then selling his wives, or whipping close relationships into submission. Then sell a number of children off without provocation. All the while feed him just enough to maintain his ability to work. Every once in a while force him to copulate with other women, regardless if they are married, and again sell a fraction of the little ones indiscriminately. Make him go to town once in a while so that he can become fully aware to his low status and the look of disgust on the face of strangers. Force him to speak your language and forbid him to speak his own language.

Now, repeat the above for 100+ years (most US slaves at the time of emancipation had been part of a blood line that had been in the US around 100 years). For good measure throw in severe beatings, lynching of friends, massacres of friends for various Slave revolts real and imagined. Throw in a religion that taught him that his wretchedness was ordained by God Himself. Throw it periods of misery and the reduction to living like animals in run-down cabinets with open sewers, dirt floors and multiple families to a room. Throw in 100+ years of reminders that this sorry state will be all that he can hope to have.

Now free him to a world in which he has no skills other than to work as a sharecropper at a standard of living that might have been lower than under slavery. Let him mix among a people that now look at him with both hate and disgust. Let him live in fear of the Klan and randomized killings.

Let him escape his sorry state for the urban North, where dreams of racial utopia are quickly replaced by hate, disgust, and no ability to respect your skills with the land. Let him live in the worst urban neighborhoods like caged animals and under no protection from the law.

Let him live in the urban North for nearly 100 years. Let me feel the hame of segregation and separate treatment under the good 'ol law. Let me learn to read to gain full appreciation of the raw deal he has received, without any recourse. Let him live under hypocrisy defined. Let him attend schools which serve little purpose for most peers who are equally sentenced to a life of poverty. Let him watch White sportsmen gain glory, fame and money, while he toils in obscurity and poverty. Let him eat the worst cuts of meat and little better than subsistence foods. Deny him the Great works of literature and scientific knowledge and training. Tease him into loving the land that has caused him so much grief. Allow him to sign up to fight in a foreign war against an enemy unknown to him. Let him get sent to clean up stalls of animals, build & clean sewers, and to clear fields as his ancestors used to do 100 years prior. Deny him a chance to restore his pride. Allow him to watch how foreign enemies of his adopted home are treated much better than him.

Upon his return from military service, Rub things in to him by denying with even more vigour his right to participate in the most common of activities: attending the school of his choice, playing a sport for the team of his choice, riding on the bus, watching a movie from decent seats. Deny him employment. Let me see what his ancestors saw after the war: the look of hatred and disgust from men who were not ready for him to be American. Prevent him from living in new housing ideas called suburbs. Force him to live in a decaying city, now besotted by drugs, guns, and youths with the stare of separation from humanity. Force him to go to schools that are grumbling. Where girls are raped in corridors; where drug deals are done in full view of administrators who simply turn away; where teachers remind you of the innate wretchedness that your ancestors were reminded of. Force this kid to wake of everyday wondering if he would be killed at school by one who looked like him or in the streets by cops who did not look like him. Allow him to watch on this new thing called a TV, people that looked just like him being chased by German Shephards on the order of civil servants in the land where his ancestors toiled. Just him feel the possibility of hope...and then feel what is like to have four leaders, two White and two Black, get gunned down in the space of five years. Let me smell the smoke of burning cities and the horror of the knowledge that what is burning is the little that his community had to live on. Let me emerge from a broken family, from a broken Church and from a broken neighborhood where terror and self-destruction is becoming more self-imposed. For good measure, let him be minded of his station by placing sewage treatment, toxic waste dumps, and garbage dumps in his neighborhood. Let him get even more savory taste of the life the other side had lived all these years, only to mocked by students and professors by the presumption that you do not belong. Let him recognize that he is being sent to classes with students who don;t even speak English or who are mentally impaired. Finally, let him speak with White liberals who have this crazy notion that two weeks from their summer break from Amherst or Radcliffe is tantamount to a Vulcan mind meld and full comprehension of his pain.

Now let him take an IQ test, a test that does not test his knowledge, how he might make strategic decisions in his world, or test his ability to showcase his creativity, but tests under time pressure, a certain type of education that he had little exposure to, to elicit a narrowly defined idea of what is meant by problem solving, and to do so under the watchful eye of a rather biased individual who likely thinks very little for his colour. Of course, make sure he takes it without preparation or much warning or with any recognition that this test is worth time away from whatever he was working on.

Imagine his IQ score.

Two, imagine someone who came from a life 180* in the opposite direction in every respect.

Three, with these scores in hand, compare these scores and interpret their difference.

Tell me that it is race alone that explains the difference in thee two scores.

The Bell Curve was a very misleading book by two guys who were qualitatively and quantitatively in over their heads, which is too bad since I otherwise enjoy reading Charles Murray.

The question of determining intelligence, academic achievement, and professional success deserves more serious scholarship.

S.

Last edited by Sandpointian; 10-25-2009 at 09:43 AM..

Old 10-25-2009, 09:42 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,910,838 times
How can a test which has such high variablity within subjects (depending on mood, setting, time of day, etc.) be good at predicting or presenting much of anything really?

Look, this is nothing more than "bad" science.

Old 10-25-2009, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Well you've attacked the authors motives well enough.

Does that mean there are not IQ difference among the races?.................... No

Does that mean scoring high on standard IQ tests is not a good indicator of success in life? (Success in this case being the Western definiton...high paying career, family well being, etc)..........................No...Having a high IQ has a strong correlation with having a succesful career.

Of course we are talking here in terms of group outcomes. Individual results will vary.
Of course I've "addressed" the author's motives and inclinations.
The motive is to broad brush entire races of people from specific demographies areas as innately less intelligent than Europeans.

Had you read all the information you would have seen that when minorities or women scored higher than white males, the parameters of the test were changed to more benefit white males.
You don't see an agenda here?

Is there a difference in I.Q. scores?
Have you read any of the hyperlinks?
Many in the field of I.Q. research pointed out very clearly in court that the I.Q. test was/is very slanted , read the final paragraph on page 9 to 10 of Harold E. Dent's report.

The Judge dismissed the evidence presenting the argument of racial bias and testing bias and affirmed all positions and evidence refuting bias in the testing.

At one point 80/90% of Europeans from the southern areas of Europe immigrating to this country were classified as "feeble minded" according to these types of tests, yet you believe the "science" behind them!

At any time during the history and formulation of the "I.Q." test, minorities, women, or Europeans from the southern areas of Europe, scoring higher than European males from the northern areas of Europe resulted in the test being amended so that questions best answered by those less desirable were re-worded or eliminated.

Scientist form a hypothesis and then conduct experiments to prove or dis-prove their belief.
No credible scientist goes in and changes the parameters of the test in order to achieve the hypothesis they first presented.
Any scientist doing so would have all their data dismissed as flawed and untrue, however this is the history of I.Q. testing.

The question is not is "I.Q. tests a good indicator of life success" that question only deflects the issue.

Is believing in God a good indicator of life success, how about two parents in the home, positive teachers in school?

Your question fails to refute my original assertion and offers no alternative to the intent of I.Q. tests.

Old 10-25-2009, 10:13 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,334,283 times
People living in fluoridated water zones in the U.S. are generally dumber than those not.

Old 10-25-2009, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
People living in fluoridated water zones in the U.S. are generally dumber than those not.
Your Point?

Old 10-25-2009, 11:02 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,334,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Your Point?
Lot of variables, my friend - and a lot of manipulations.

Old 10-25-2009, 11:22 AM

49 posts, read 57,013 times
Default Let's compare slavery and Communism

Slaves were brought here from Africa. They worked. They were fed. They were given clothing. They were given shelter. They were able to sing and dance in the evenings. They were treated fairly as long as they worked. The cost a lot of money, so the slave holder had every reason not to mistreat the slaves. it wouldn't have made sense to work them to death.

The Soviet Bloc countries where 65 million were murdered. They only had work to barely survive. They couldn't freely do anything. They couldn't travel. The Communist leaders decided they wanted to take every piece of grain from the Ukrainian farmers and 8 to 9 million starved to death in 1932-33. They also starved to death 2 to 3 million in 1922.

The whole time this was going on the Communist murdered about 25% of the total population of the Soviet Bloc to keep the intelligent people from getting the people out of this mess. The whole time this was going on millions got a knock at the door and we taken on the outskirts of town and executed. Millions were poisoned with nuclear waste dumped into their lakes and rivers.

The thing is the Communist still control those countries. Those people can't travel freely. They can only come to America or South America on a work or student visa which takes months to acquire.

There is no welfare, food stamps, free housing, medical aid, free scholarships, and no government aid. Most pensioners live on $12 to $15 a month. This means they must live with family members to survive.

There are 65 million Eastern Europeans buried all over the former Soviet Bloc and that number might be very low. They know they executed about 25% of the populations from the start. That would mean 50 million executed inside of a couple years. This wouldn't include from Khazaria to Uzbekistan. So who knows what the numbers are?

Those people are now so sick with cancer and they work in very poor conditions. Their cities are polluted. Their water is not very good to drink and many area are no more than nuclear waste dumps.

They don't make 15 million dribbling basketballs. They don't have any organizations to look out for their interests and they can't be blamed for slavery.

The Chinese have had to endure Communism with over 100 million killed. The Africans have had it better than anyone. In fact Africa isn't polluted with industry or nuclear waste. But they can't grow enough food to eat.

In Great Britain, Western Europe and USA are being poisoned from all the processed foods and junk food. Their water is poisoned from fluoride added to the water.

Let's see the Russians uncover all the mass graves and tell all their stories and all the others will look like children crying over candy.

Old 10-25-2009, 01:24 PM

39 posts, read 86,931 times
Hmm in my country blacks are the majority and we have a minority white population. In my parents' generation admission to secondary school was based on money and who you knew. The top schools were 90% white. When admission to these schools became purely academically based, the tops schools became 90% black. In fact my experience growing up was that the highest achievers were black, there were very few white kids who won scholarships etc.

I come from a developing nation with 98% literacy and I was never expected not to be smart because of my skin colour until I came to the US. I completed a competitive graduate program in the US with a 4.0 and had excellent GRE scores so its not that our education system in my country is lacking or is somehow skewed towards blacks.

Perhaps it is the experience of being a minority that has a correlation with poor testing of minorities in the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies