Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 10:22 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,238,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I have a gut feeling you can stop hoping. I don't think she will even run.. The media has ruined her.

Nita
Oh come now. She killed herself. media shmedia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2009, 10:36 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,210,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
You added nothing to this thread except for personal insults and invective. Mom must be so proud.
Why don't you keep other people's mothers out of this conversation? Roll your eyes until the cows come home, it still shows me what Palin supporters are all about: hitting below the belt, spreading misinformation, lies, hate and fear. That's what Palin did during the election, that's what she did after she quit her job as governor, and that's what some posters do now by invoking other people's mothers; be they alive or dead.

Old 10-05-2009, 10:39 AM

14,485 posts, read 11,305,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
what campaign against religion is that, Mr Joshua?

do you mean the War on Christmas Bill O'Reilly's program directors have him dust off and unfurl again every mid-November, then drop every Dec. 26?
Among others, yes.

Old 10-05-2009, 10:49 AM

921 posts, read 1,133,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
No. Not yet.

Even though she has more experience that the current occupant in the WH.
Sarah Palin doesn't have more experience than anyone in that White House.
She needs to concentrate on her family.

Someone who lets their teen daughter have sexual intercourse in their home would not be a good White House figure.

Sarah Palin is both a quitter & unfit parent.
http://www.vanityfair.com/online/dai...-johnston.html

I would never vote for that unqualified person!

Old 10-05-2009, 10:52 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,210,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTD2.0 View Post
I certainly wouldn't vote for Obama, but I'd also have a hard time voting for Palin if is she was the only choice. I don't think she's as dumb as the left says, and she certainly couldn't be any worse than Obama. People obviously feel threatened by her even though they say how dumb she is, because they keeeeeeeeeeeeep bringing her up constantly. She's a quitter though. The job of the president would be tougher than the job she quit. It's that simple to me.
What do you mean, "dumb as the left says"?? How about "dumb as the world says"? She had her opportunity to show what she knew and she showed that she knew nothing. Elementary school children can put together a grammatically correct sentence better than she can. She's not even smarter than a fifth grader.

She was some kind of TV journalist? How can that be? Is standard English her second language? I'm sorry, but someone that goes to six different universities to get one Bachelor's degree has something a bit wrong with them. To me, it shows a quitter, someone that cannot finish what they start. She proved herself to be a quitter when she quit on the people of Alaska. She didn't even know what "lame duck" meant. She provided her own twisted version of what that word meant. I'm so sick of her perverting the true meaning of various words in the English language by adding her own "Palin twist" to them.

As far as "the left bringing her up" - that's a joke. Palin does everything in her power to remain in the public eye. She's a master of doing things and saying things in order to keep the limelight on herself and then pretending that she's trying to live a quiet, "normal" life. She is what's commonly called a hypocrite; she cries wolf constantly. She's what we call "full of it" back where I come from.

Old 10-05-2009, 11:06 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,909,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
Oh come now. She killed herself. media shmedia.
No, the media just won't give up..

Nita

Old 10-05-2009, 11:49 AM

689 posts, read 743,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
What do you mean, "dumb as the left says"?? How about "dumb as the world says"? She had her opportunity to show what she knew and she showed that she knew nothing. Elementary school children can put together a grammatically correct sentence better than she can. She's not even smarter than a fifth grader.

She was some kind of TV journalist? How can that be? Is standard English her second language? I'm sorry, but someone that goes to six different universities to get one Bachelor's degree has something a bit wrong with them. To me, it shows a quitter, someone that cannot finish what they start. She proved herself to be a quitter when she quit on the people of Alaska. She didn't even know what "lame duck" meant. She provided her own twisted version of what that word meant. I'm so sick of her perverting the true meaning of various words in the English language by adding her own "Palin twist" to them.

As far as "the left bringing her up" - that's a joke. Palin does everything in her power to remain in the public eye. She's a master of doing things and saying things in order to keep the limelight on herself and then pretending that she's trying to live a quiet, "normal" life. She is what's commonly called a hypocrite; she cries wolf constantly. She's what we call "full of it" back where I come from.
Uh...okay. She certainly wouldn't be in my top 100 to vote for, so I really don't care. But...the left constantly do bring her up. Just look at this forum. I haven't heard much about her on the news lately (I guess I don't get out much or something). There are so many "look what Palin did now" threads here, it's ridiculous. If people aren't worried about her, she's a complete idiot or whatever then why? Believe what you want. She was a flash in the pan as far as I'm concerned. I don't care to know much about her. She's a quitter. People are freakin' obsessed with her though and, if you look at this forum, it's primarily people on the left. Go ahead...look up who starts most these threads about her. Don't take my word for it. Go get em' tiger.

Old 10-05-2009, 11:50 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,203,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I have a gut feeling you can stop hoping. I don't think she will even run.. The media has ruined her.

Nita
How'd they do that, by not turning off the microphones?

Old 10-05-2009, 11:56 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,679,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTD2.0 View Post
Uh...okay. She certainly wouldn't be in my top 100 to vote for, so I really don't care. But...the left constantly do bring her up. Just look at this forum. I haven't heard much about her on the news lately (I guess I don't get out much or something). There are so many "look what Palin did now" threads here, it's ridiculous. If people aren't worried about her, she's a complete idiot or whatever then why? Believe what you want. She was a flash in the pan as far as I'm concerned. I don't care to know much about her. She's a quitter. People are freakin' obsessed with her though and, if you look at this forum, it's primarily people on the left. Go ahead...look up who starts most these threads about her. Don't take my word for it. Go get em' tiger.
I guess that Palin is the punching bag of the left as Obama is to the right. She is such an easy target though.

Old 10-05-2009, 12:05 PM

689 posts, read 743,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I guess that Palin is the punching bag of the left as Obama is to the right. She is such an easy target though.
What I don't get is her relevance. I mean...why is she a target to begin with? Am I missing her importance or something? Obama is the president. I get that (just like when Bush was the president). She's like waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy down the food-chain on my relevant meter. I wouldn't have muttered her name after this election if people wouldn't keep bringing her up. In a couple of years, I would probably be asking, "Who was that gal who ran with McCain back in 08 again?" But nooooooooo...she's special I guess. Some people treat her like she's...something????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies