Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 08:06 AM

20,457 posts, read 12,373,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
When will people finally learn that " Global Warming " is just a catch-phrase? Not a literal or definitive defintion of what is happening.

This planet is going through some drastic, intense climate change. Climate change all over, in different regions and areas. That could be excessive heat, excessive rain...flooding, or extended droughts, or excessive...extended cold weather.

" Global Warming " is a very misleading catch-phrase that has done more damage, than good. Because people seem to take everything literally, all the time.
LOL! Is this what you call bait and switch?

Anyone want to know the real reason for the change in terms?

Because CO2 levels have continued to rise yet the global temperature has been on a downward trend since 1998.

You cannot correlate warming to CO2 any longer. So you point to “Climate Change”. That way you can point to every single cloud. Or a lack of clouds and say “see! Climate Change” and then you can do what ever you want politically.

The FACTS are, the “scientists” at IPCC are saying that GLOBAL WARMING is the driver of this “Climate Change”.

But it is a bunch of BUNK. First of all stronger storms occur when there is a greater differential between cold arctic air and warm tropic air. Warming Theory states that the warming will be greater at the Poles. That means a smaller differential between the arctic air and the tropical air. That means a flat lining of storm frequency and intensity.

When you look at this over decades, we have not even reached the average since the 1960’s. Nor have we reached the average major storm per decade since the 1970’s

We are headed into a global cooling period if the sun doesn’t step up and start blasting out some sun spot activity. Things are gonna get cold and storms will be more intense.

Somebody call me when the AGW crowd actually gets some real science on their side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2009, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
The terms are irrelevant in my opinion, what is important is the data and methods being used to make such claims. Again, can you explain your take on Briffa concerning Yamal?
Thats funny! I am laying even money that the poster neither knows what Yamal is nor what a briffa is!

Science is tedious. GLOBAL WARMING and CLIMATE CHANGE is exciting!

who needs science when you can just have a good old fashioned panic?

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

Because CO2 levels have continued to rise yet the global temperature has been on a downward trend since 1998.

You cannot correlate warming to CO2 any longer. So you point to “Climate Change”. That way you can point to every single cloud. Or a lack of clouds and say “see! Climate Change” and then you can do what ever you want politically.

The FACTS are, the “scientists” at IPCC are saying that GLOBAL WARMING is the driver of this “Climate Change”.

But it is a bunch of BUNK. First of all stronger storms occur when there is a greater differential between cold arctic air and warm tropic air. Warming Theory states that the warming will be greater at the Poles. That means a smaller differential between the arctic air and the tropical air. That means a flat lining of storm frequency and intensity.

When you look at this over decades, we have not even reached the average since the 1960’s. Nor have we reached the average major storm per decade since the 1970’s

We are headed into a global cooling period if the sun doesn’t step up and start blasting out some sun spot activity. Things are gonna get cold and storms will be more intense.

Somebody call me when the AGW crowd actually gets some real science on their side.

Sorry, they don't give research grants to real scientists.

4,104 posts, read 5,308,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
If by benefit you mean full of impoverished Americans who are unable to export manufactured goods while third world nations which burn all the cheap coal they can get their hands on dominate export markets causing Americans die a slow miserable financial death, I agree.

It's a little early for my post of the day award, but post of the day!

Old 10-08-2009, 08:13 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,761,940 times
Long term climate change is easier to predict than next year's, or next month's, weather. That is the nature of the problem.

We can negate any offshore price advantage created by ignoring emissions by instituting a set of flexible countervailing tariffs. The tariffs can also cover labor, safety and government subsidies. We do not have to remain victims of the "free trade" nonsense.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:16 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,152,985 times
Quote:
Are each of those occurrences out of the norm?

Well, it seems that our planet has gone through many, many climate changes through out the history of our planet. And scientists don't know the cause of all those changes

And it seems many agree that our planet is in fact, in a constant state of change...or going through constant changing cycles. So I'm not sure it's not normal.

Quote:
what evidence suggests such a trend?
Like I said up above. The only trend that I know for sure, is the that our planet's climate has been in a constant cycle of change for millions upon millions of years.

Quote:
Whose research are you using to come to these conclusions? Can you name the authors and their specific research?
Nope. I have no author's names or specific research information for you.

It does seem odd that one group of scientists come to one conclusion, while other groups come comepletly different or opposite conclusions.

I think the important thing here is this. We humans need to stop polluting our natural resources (ocean waters, fresh waters, soil and air).

We have a garbage patch island of plastic....styrofoam and other garbage (and contaminents) .......that has been forming out in the pacific ocean.

Our soil, water and air continue to be poisoned every day.

We should be making drastic changes in the products we use, by going back to more natural and biodegradable products. For one example....... Instead of styrofoam peanuts ....hay, other dried grasses, recycled cotton etc... should be used.

Last edited by NMyTree; 10-08-2009 at 08:26 AM..

Old 10-08-2009, 08:24 AM

Quote:

The funny thing is, that you think I don't agree with you.

I used the term climate change because...that's what has always happened on this planet. I wasn't trying to create a new catch phrase.

Seems like you assumed I was defending or pushing the Global Warming agenda. Which if you knew me, you would know is the furtest thing from the truth.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
The funny thing is, that you think I don't agree with you.

I used the term climate change because...that's what has always happened on this planet. I wasn't trying to create a new catch phrase.

Seems like you assumed I was defending or pushing the Global Warming agenda. Which if you knew me, you would know is the furtest thing from the truth.
Then I humbly appologise for my assumption!

God Bless all the folk who understand what Climate Change is.... the perminant state of the planet!

Old 10-08-2009, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Long term climate change is easier to predict than next year's, or next month's, weather. That is the nature of the problem.

We can negate any offshore price advantage created by ignoring emissions by instituting a set of flexible countervailing tariffs. The tariffs can also cover labor, safety and government subsidies. We do not have to remain victims of the "free trade" nonsense.
oy veh

Old 10-08-2009, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Then I humbly appologise for my assumption!

God Bless all the folk who understand what Climate Change is.... the perminant state of the planet!

Thank god people like you are here to speak/present some facts and reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies