Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 02:28 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,632,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
During a recent fact finding mission and subsequent report on the Israeli invasion of Gaza, Richard Goldstone of UN Human Rights Council issued a scathing report in which some consider "blood libel" against Israel. It should be noted that Richard Goldstone is an ardent Jewish Zionist who serves on the board of governors of Hebrew University. He accepted the job in order to ensure Israel got a fair assessment.

Devastating Report Documents Israeli Crimes Against Civilians in Gaza: Where's the Outrage?

Devastating Report Documents Israeli Crimes Against Civilians in Gaza: Where's the Outrage? | | AlterNet

Gideon Levy went on to write a piece in the Israeli daily newspaper Haaretz, in which he defended charges against Richard Goldstone as being antisemitic by calling them "farcical".

Levy opened his scathing piece with the following:

There's a name on every bullet, and there's someone responsible for every crime. The Teflon cloak Israel has wrapped around itself since Operation Cast Lead has been ripped off, once and for all, and now the difficult questions must be faced. It has become superfluous to ask whether war crimes were committed in Gaza, because authoritative and clear-cut answers have already been given. So the follow-up question has to be addressed: Who's to blame?

Disgrace in The Hague - Haaretz - Israel News

The testimony from currently serving veterans of the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) sends a chilling reminder of a previous event in which some Israeli airforce pilots refused to strike against civilian targets in the first Intifada.

Breaking The Silence - Israeli soldiers talk about the occupied territories

The veterans testimony goes on to detail a fundamental shift in the IDF and in turn the current hard right militant government of Netanyahu. In light of the charges brought by the Goldstone report, it begs one to reconsider veracity of charges made by Israel for strikes against Iran.

Should the US be more forceful when dealing with Netanyahu such as over the illegal settlements in the West Bank or with their failure to sign the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty? Or should we just sweet these charges under the rug yet again?
Without a doubt the US has to take a tougher stance against the zionists.

America holds the zionist purse strings.

The UN report in to the conflict does apportion blame to both sides however the report is unequivocal that the zionists carry far more culpability and did in fact commit war crimes.

Incidentally Goldstone is Jewish and he has been condemned by a lot of israeli/zionists as being " a selfloathing jew".
Typical zionist character assasination, it must be said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2009, 03:03 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,902,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indurain View Post
Without a doubt the US has to take a tougher stance against the zionists.

America holds the zionist purse strings.

The UN report in to the conflict does apportion blame to both sides however the report is unequivocal that the zionists carry far more culpability and did in fact commit war crimes.

Incidentally Goldstone is Jewish and he has been condemned by a lot of israeli/zionists as being " a selfloathing jew".
Typical zionist character assasination, it must be said.
When will Israel not need Uncle Sammies bux ? Is there a plan ? I shudder to think how some of the Zionists would behave if the cash cow dried up. And I am not Anti Semitic. I would be just a pizzed if Pagans, or Shintos drained the $$ decade after decade, and never looked for another source of income.

Old 10-09-2009, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
When will Israel not need Uncle Sammies bux ? Is there a plan ? I shudder to think how some of the Zionists would behave if the cash cow dried up. And I am not Anti Semitic. I would be just a pizzed if Pagans, or Shintos drained the $$ decade after decade, and never looked for another source of income.
zionist/israeli nation would not exist without the USA.

Economically few countries wish to trade with them.
Few countries want to have anything to do with them - because they realise that the way their country was setup
was wrong.

Old 10-09-2009, 03:51 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,194,634 times
Just a reminder, the topic here is...

The current Israeli government and the Goldstone report

Lets try and keep in this context and not make this another general topic on Israel or Zionism.

Old 10-09-2009, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Just a reminder, the topic here is...

The current Israeli government and the Goldstone report

Lets try and keep in this context and not make this another general topic on Israel or Zionism.
I don't believe that anything I have suggested is "out of context", on this thread.

If you take the time to read the UN report - and if you take the time to read the international media reporting of the reaction to the UN report, as opposed to US media coverage of the UN Report, i think you might see that this issue raises a lot of related subject matter.

Old 10-10-2009, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indurain View Post
I don't believe that anything I have suggested is "out of context", on this thread.

If you take the time to read the UN report - and if you take the time to read the international media reporting of the reaction to the UN report, as opposed to US media coverage of the UN Report, i think you might see that this issue raises a lot of related subject matter.
Yes there are many issues that get raised but if I do not confine this discussion more narrowly then what happens is that this discussion turns into who threw the first rock 2000 years ago.

After researching through some news articles last night on this, I ran across a piece where Sweden is supporting this report and because it is doing so, Israel is going to call back its ambassadors from their country. Seems pretty extreme measure.

Another interesting piece I ran across was the following.

Report: Abbas may pass Goldstone report to Security Council
Report: Abbas may pass Goldstone report to Security Council | JTA - Jewish & Israel News
Quote:
JERUSALEM (JTA) -- Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas is considering asking Arab countries to pass the Goldstone Commission report to the U.N. Security Council.

The possibility, cited by chief Palestinian negotiator Saeb Erakat and reported Tuesday by the French news agency AFP, would mark a 180-degree turn from the Palestinian delegation's decision last Friday at the U.N. Human Rights Council to defer a vote on the report until the council's next session in March.
I had to read this twice to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me. Is it any wonder why the Palestinians support Hamas when the Palestinian Authority (PA) under Abbas had to even consider issuing this report to the UN security council. Does Abbas fit in Netanyahu's coat pocket is what I want to know.

Back on the home front here in America, there have been several pieces which suggest that the Goldstone Report could derail Obama's upcoming peace talks. I find this rather laughable considering the response to Obama's calls to halt the illegal West Bank settlements and a two state solution was for Netanyahu to totally disregard our request and then to laugh in his face when he asked that they sign the NPT. So, if anyone had any illusions that Obama was going to make any demands of Israel or even compromise beyond their current practices, you are surely mistaken.

A much more interesting piece showed up in Foreign Policy in Focus. Most notable was the following portion.

Foreign Policy In Focus | The Goldstone Report

Quote:
Hitherto Israel has relied on an automatic U.S. veto on its behalf. The reflex action has been to defend Israel, but the optimistic could detect some signs of nuance in the administration's response.

A U.S. abstention in the Security Council, let alone a positive vote, for a referral to the ICC would send a seismic signal high up the Richter scale to Israelis about what Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is doing to relations with their only ally in the world. His provocations on settlement activity are eroding the White House's credibility. Although it may be difficult to get, for example, a cut in aid money past a Congress still mesmerized by the Israel lobby, the administration could indeed abstain in the Council without reference to lobby-tied Capitol Hill.
What this is pointing out is that if the United States simply abstains from voting in the Security Council and doing what is re-flexibly always does, vote in favor of Israel, that the outcome could send a seismic shift in relations with Israel.

So once again, just like back during the Obama speech in Cairo where bold statements were made, bold plans hatched, and a gauntlet thrown down, again a line is drawn in the sand. I'll be willing to bet a thousand dollars that Obama will cave in yet again to Israeli pressure and yet again, the situation between the Israeli's and Palestinians will remain unchanged and unaffected by the US.

Old 10-20-2009, 09:36 PM

In an update since the Goldstone Report was submitted to the UN Security Council. Israel's response, change the definition of "war".

Israel wants law of war changed after damning UN Gaza report – Tue Oct 20, 2:24 pm ET
Israel wants law of war changed after damning UN Gaza report - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20091020/wl_mideast_afp/mideastconflictgazaunisrael_20091020182811 - broken link)
Quote:
Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu instructed his government on Tuesday to draw up proposals to amend the international laws of war after a damning UN report on its war in Gaza.

The security cabinet did not, however, discuss calls made by ministers for an internal investigation into the 22-day offensive at the turn of the year that killed some 1,400 Palestinians and 13 Israelis, an official told AFP.
Even members of the Israeli Knesset who have called for investigations have been ignored. I think this is known as chutzpa

Old 10-30-2009, 05:49 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times
Default UK Commander Challenges Goldstone Report

Colonel Richard Kemp: "And I say this again: the IDF did more to safeguard the rights of civilians in a combat zone than any other army in the history of warfare."

Read the entire text of the speech, or watch the video here: Dramatic U.N. Testimony - UN Wtch

Old 10-30-2009, 05:51 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post
This says it all!
That's not a picture

Old 10-30-2009, 05:59 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,948,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post
Hmm, it is interesting how you left out the report about Hamas! It certainly does reveal your bias!
Funny. First thing I did was a word search for hamas, which you noticed too was conventiently absent. The Goldstone report addressed Israeli and Hamas activity, not just Israeli.

I can only say, if Hamas had not kidnapped Gilad Shalit, the war would have never happened. The man has been held hostage for 1223 days. Does the Goldstone report even address Gilad?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies