Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 10:41 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2flyy View Post
PGH you always take only one part of an overall point and make your arguments with that
Im not saying that racism is only define by wanting Blacks to leave America.
If a person HATES a certain race AND want them away from America to me thats racism

I think Campings was merely jabbing at that poster not accusing him of being racist
Wrong, racism doesnt only mean hatred, it also means that you think you are superior because you are one race, or you are simply intolerant. It also means that the color of one skis accounts for how individuals react or having a prejudice. One can be a racist without having hate. I see you dont take advice well because I would have though you would at least look up the definition before responding like suggested.

It was a stupid accusation of racism and the only thing worse than the accusation was the defending of the accusation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2009, 10:44 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,452,624 times
Quote:
You're over analyzing it Cage, no one ASSUMES that they came to the rescue BECAUSE they were black. The study/video showed us briefly that young blacks can be heroes, caring and helping ppl as well.

If someone would have polled me before watching the video, I would've said the blacks would not have helped or cared and whites would be the first to jump up to help the young girl....

And to that point is where the video hits ppl
I would've assumed the exact opposite. Apparently my assumptions were correct.

Old 10-17-2009, 10:46 AM

450 posts, read 502,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Wrong, racism doesnt only mean hatred, it also means that you think you are superior because you are one race, or you are simply intolerant. It also means that the color of one skis accounts for how individuals react or having a prejudice. One can be a racist without having hate. I see you dont take advice well because I would have though you would at least look up the definition before responding like suggested.

It was a stupid accusation of racism and the only thing worse than the accusation was the defending of the accusation.
PGH you can't read can you? I expressly stated that that was MY OPINION of what racism is....
I didn't say my opinion was the Webster's Dictionary, Supreme Court's or Constitutional definition of what racism is....
It is my opinion....

I'll be honest IN MY OPINION even if you think other races are inferior to YOUR RACE to ME that still is not RACISM

Again that is my opinion....

Old 10-17-2009, 10:47 AM

Quote:
PGH your whole argument makes no sense....The young men didn't assume anything. The little girl said "help thats not my daddy! help!
They reacted to a distress call. Thats not an assumption thats being model Samaritans
Wrong, a girl making the claim of "thats not my daddy" does not mean that the girl isnt a runaway and the guy holding her isnt a truance officer, a police officer, a neighbor, a step father, she could have just shop lifted from a store and the guy could be an undercover security personal.

There could be hundreds of reasons why she could be shouting that, and one reason could very well be that she ran away and daddy found her, and she wants help to run away again knowing shes going to go home and get a beating.

Getting involved is one thing, running in and attacking an individual because you heard a girl yelling something and then assumed she wasnt lying and attacking the perpetrator is another.

The video shows the man grabbing the girl, the individuals getting involved causing the man to backaway and the girl is free. Had she been a runaway this would have been a perfect scenario, with her daddy there trying to explain to those who got involved that they just helped her runaway again.

How good of a samaritan would they have been if they helped a runaway get away again?

Old 10-17-2009, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
I would've assumed the exact opposite. Apparently my assumptions were correct.
Elaborate for me YAYO....why would you assume that young blacks would help out a young white girl in distress before white people would?

Old 10-17-2009, 10:49 AM

Quote:
PGH you can't read can you? I expressly stated that that was MY OPINION of what racism is
Lucky for the world, we dont have to rely upon your definition of terminology. Words have meanings and just because you want to ignore those meanings, dont get surprised when someone calls you on them.

Old 10-17-2009, 10:49 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,435,562 times
Quote:
They were called a punk, and since they couldnt be calling them a punk because they were neatly dressed, the only possible rationality was because the individuals were black.

THATS a racist accusation.
I disagree. Alot of people refer to young guys (of all races) as punks.

Old 10-17-2009, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
I disagree. Alot of people refer to young guys (of all races) as punks.
Then we actually do agree 100%, it was camping which made the ONLY other reason one would call them a punk, racism..
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Well, I suppose they were black, so theres that.......
I was pointing out how pathetic it would be to assume that they were punks because they were black.

Old 10-17-2009, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Wrong, a girl making the claim of "thats not my daddy" does not mean that the girl isnt a runaway and the guy holding her isnt a truance officer, a police officer, a neighbor, a step father, she could have just shop lifted from a store and the guy could be an undercover security personal.

There could be hundreds of reasons why she could be shouting that, and one reason could very well be that she ran away and daddy found her, and she wants help to run away again knowing shes going to go home and get a beating.

Getting involved is one thing, running in and attacking an individual because you heard a girl yelling something and then assumed she wasnt lying and attacking the perpetrator is another.

The video shows the man grabbing the girl, the individuals getting involved causing the man to backaway and the girl is free. Had she been a runaway this would have been a perfect scenario, with her daddy there trying to explain to those who got involved that they just helped her runaway again.

How good of a samaritan would they have been if they helped a runaway get away again?
What video are you watching PGH? Where did they run up and ATTACK the individual? LOL I love the spin bro....
You nor I know exactly what they were going to do.
My guess from watching the video is they were running up to scare him off and find out what was going on....
Yes they probably would've been forceful if he had continued to take the girl away
But again thats what heroes do

You're the only person that is looking at that video and saying they did the wrong thing.
It would be interesting if your child was being abducted, I doubt it very seriously that would hope that people around would take 10 mins to analyze everything while your child is being kidnapped

They reacted to the distress call from the young girl. They should be applauded! Standing Ovation!

Old 10-17-2009, 10:56 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,452,624 times
Quote:
Elaborate for me YAYO....why would you assume that young blacks would help out a young white girl in distress before white people would?
Yes because from my experience blacks and non-white Hispanics seem to be less afraid of confrontations than whites. Whites seem to like to avoid confrontations at all costs, even if that means not helping someone in need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies