Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 05:41 PM

450 posts, read 502,973 times

Advertisements

(Source: Wshh.com)

Breaking The Stereotype: Bystanders Just Watch Little Girl Get Abducted!

Video: Breaking The Stereotype: Bystanders Just Watch Little Girl Get Abducted! (Actor Was About To Get His Butt Whooped By Young Minorities) "Whoa Whoa. Its TV"

I personally am hard on minorities (for crime, etc...) and this video was astounding. Very touching!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 05:52 PM

877 posts, read 2,768,591 times
Good video. I would hope that the other people who passed by and thought something was happening would have at least tried to call 911. I know they mentioned that there was an elderly woman who was on the phone when the guys approached him. To be honest though, I would not have expected less from these guys.

Old 10-16-2009, 06:03 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
What exactly do you mean you are "hard on minorities". I believe most prisoners are white anglos.

Old 10-16-2009, 06:07 PM

293 posts, read 570,654 times
...guess you still cannot judge a book by its cover. Glad these guys helped out!!!

Old 10-16-2009, 06:18 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,302,796 times
I'm waiting for someone to say they probably just wanted to rape her or something.

Old 10-16-2009, 06:20 PM

450 posts, read 502,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
What exactly do you mean you are "hard on minorities". I believe most prisoners are white anglos.
First off I'm black and what I mean is I am vocal (like Bill Cosby and many others) on the issueS blacks and minorities bring on America and our own communities.
Debates I've had on this forum and ppl in real life. I am hard on blacks, I won't go into the same debates I've had forever. But I will dismiss your common ignorant statement that more whites are in prison.

Smart people with common sense knows that that number is only because blacks make up a very minority of the population in America.
Per capita and percentages blacks far outweigh any other race combined!
More blacks are in jail for violent related crimes per capita than any other race in the world.
Like I said I won't go into the age old debates. But most ppl are weary and critical of blacks in America
And for very good reason!

But again this Video is very refreshing and positive amid mostly negatives and violence we see from African Americans every day....

Old 10-16-2009, 06:36 PM

2,788 posts, read 8,015,308 times
The action of the young men was heroic, but not surprising. There are a lot of misunderstood, good citizens out there that just don't fit the mainstream idea of honorable. I 'm glad the op made this post.

Old 10-16-2009, 06:49 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,011,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
I'm waiting for someone to say they probably just wanted to rape her or something.
Gee, you're the only one who had that thought apparently, aren't you proud?

Thanks for the post OP, that was cool.

Old 10-16-2009, 06:50 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2flyy View Post
Like I said I won't go into the age old debates. But most ppl are weary and critical of blacks in America
And for very good reason!
You have to wonder about some who comes to a majority white talk board to criticize other African Americans, and especially one who is so quick to correct some one's comment about African American prison rates. I mean the statement could have been left to die on its own but no...

Takes all kinds.

Old 10-16-2009, 06:50 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,712,934 times
These guys are true heroes; thanks for sharing.

On a side note, lol at the actor, seeing two brothers rush towards him, he's like, "Whoa, whoa, whoa, it's tv, it's tv, there's a cop right there." haha He knew he was gonna get a royal beat down by these two guardian angels. lol

Shame on everyone else just walking by. True story; about 13 years ago, I was a cabbie in Atlantic City and one day I was in line @ The Sands waiting for a fare and this woman across the street starts crying and screaming and is being beaten by her boyfriend, who's this pretty big Italian looking dude who looks like he's going through a roid rage. I get outta my cab, as do some of the other cabies in the line, but I was the only one to actually go over there. I'm like, "Hey, what are you doing?" to the jerk, and his girlfriend, y'know, the one who's being tossed about like a ragdoll, says, "He's my boyfriend and a cop, leave us alone." I stood there incredulously and walked back to my car shaking my head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies