Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 05:38 AM

27,220 posts, read 46,850,640 times

Advertisements

DENVER — The mother of the 6-year-old boy once feared missing inside a runaway helium balloon admitted the whole saga was a hoax, according to court documents released Friday.

Mayumi Heene told sheriff's deputies that she and her husband Richard "knew all along that Falcon was hiding in the residence" in Fort Collins, according to an affidavit used to get a search warrant for the home.

Authorities: Balloon Boy's Mom Says Saga a Hoax - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Both parents should loose custody and go to prison, don't pass "GO" and don't receive any money!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2009, 05:39 AM

2,952 posts, read 5,218,808 times
Makes your state seem full of whackos and trash (Columbine, Jon Benet (sp?) Ramsa, now this). And I really have wanted to move there. Heard Denver is rednecks and hillbillies by some (yes, I posted about this here last month), although I usually hear positive feedback on Denver from most.

I heard a talk station play a clip where Falcon was introduced to Wolf Blitzer prior to an interview of the family, and he asked his father, "Who the hell is Wolf?"

Wow. More trouble down the road if he disrespects his family and strangers at 6 y.o.!

Old 10-24-2009, 05:53 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,192,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
DENVER — The mother of the 6-year-old boy once feared missing inside a runaway helium balloon admitted the whole saga was a hoax, according to court documents released Friday.

Mayumi Heene told sheriff's deputies that she and her husband Richard "knew all along that Falcon was hiding in the residence" in Fort Collins, according to an affidavit used to get a search warrant for the home.

Authorities: Balloon Boy's Mom Says Saga a Hoax - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Both parents should loose custody and go to prison, don't pass "GO" and don't receive any money!
Uh, I think the world knew that before the spineless wimp admitted it....certainly didn't need HER verification.

Old 10-24-2009, 06:14 AM
NSX

877 posts, read 2,172,966 times
Yeah, what a wackjob. If you're having a slow day, watch his wife swap and "psyience detective" videos for some amusement.

Old 10-24-2009, 06:23 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,526,425 times
Next week should be interesting--I hope and pray that it becomes a Supreme Court Case--drag on for years--let the stress do its magic on these despicable people.

Headline News--notoriety--they asked for it--begged for it and now they have the 'ATTENTION' of the entire nation/world.

I don't know when I have felt this 'happy'. Rocky Mt. High--happy--breathe the clean air and show some gratitude. Sing 'America the Beautiful' just as loud as you want to sing it.

Let Freedom Ring and Ring and Ring....eternally.

Old 10-24-2009, 06:25 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,526,425 times
By next week I think people will 'Care'.

Let the hammer of justice slam down.

Old 10-24-2009, 06:27 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,705,257 times
As discussed in another thread common sense tells you that no real weight was in the balloon by the angle it was flying, hot air balloons are huge for a reason folks!
My reaction when it was pointed out to me was it must be an infant?

The only person of consequence in this story is that poor fellow who was giving it his all to grab the thing as it was landing. He should be on the news stations.

Old 10-24-2009, 06:35 AM

5,319 posts, read 9,001,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

A very large fine would be sufficient, to cover emergency services costs to taxpayers.

Maybe some jail time.

However, no harm was done.

The only reason this story seems like a such a huge deal is because of the amount of media attention it received.

As Don Henley once put it ... "We NEED dirty laundry!"

Old 10-24-2009, 06:54 AM

48,502 posts, read 97,029,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
Next week should be interesting--I hope and pray that it becomes a Supreme Court Case--drag on for years--let the stress do its magic on these despicable people.

Headline News--notoriety--they asked for it--begged for it and now they have the 'ATTENTION' of the entire nation/world.

I don't know when I have felt this 'happy'. Rocky Mt. High--happy--breathe the clean air and show some gratitude. Sing 'America the Beautiful' just as loud as you want to sing it.

Let Freedom Ring and Ring and Ring....eternally.
A supreme court case? It will likely be plea bargained after long delays to have the mob move on to the next scandal.

Old 10-24-2009, 07:05 AM

432 posts, read 606,246 times
WHAT!?!?!?!?

If Balloon Mom gets punished for pulling a hoax, then Al Gore and GWB should definitely get 100 times the punishment that she gets. They are guilty of pulling off much bigger lies, costing much much more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies