Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 09:36 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
Beck has forgotten more about what it means to be an American patriot than you'll ever learn, "doctor."

So, to you, patriotism means alcohol/drug abuse, avoiding military service, and making wildly untrue accusations and sensationally inaccurate assertions to a wide audience. Beck fits in right next to Ted Nugent, another "recent" convert to patriotism.

True patriot, indeed...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 09:44 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,821,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newarkid View Post
Supporting the POTUS and worshipping an entertainer/comedian who cries on command are vastly different..Shameful that you would compare the two. I think you Becksters were the Koresh followers of the past.
Worship is a very strong word to use. I do not worship any MAN. I worship GOD only.

I admire men like Beck who stand up and tell the truth. I have no problem with people who want to admire the President.... but some let their admiration move much further than it should. The are people who are worshipping the President (singing songs in his name, etc...), that's more than supporting as you put it.

Old 10-16-2009, 09:46 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
I've already weighed in on this on another thread but, in a nutshell, Anita Dunn made a lame attempt to put two very influential people in history side by side and discuss their similar PHILOSOPHIES, not their actions. One used their intelligence and strength for the greater good and the other to commit atrocities.

Politically, it was stupid, considering that there are rabid character assassins out there, like Beck, who just live for this kind of ammunition. He took a speech on PHILOSOPHY and tried to twist it to mean that Anita Dunn supports Mao's killing of millions of people.

Beck is a witch hunter, plain and simple. He attributes evil intent where there is none and draws preposterous conclusions to frighten people with imaginings.

He is free to paint whatever conspiracy theories he chooses to, but that does not make them factual.

And the red phone business is ridiculous.
Anita Dunn didn't just discuss their similar philosophies (although how you can say that Mother Theresa and Mao have similar philosophies is beyond me.) She was listing two of her "favorite political philosophers". Notice the use of the word "favorite".

In my world, you can't separate philosophies from actions - one dictates the other.

It is not some fanciful conspiracy theory to state that one of Obama's closest advisors admires a murderous communist. It's fact, from her very lips.

Old 10-16-2009, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
I've already weighed in on this on another thread but, in a nutshell, Anita Dunn made a lame attempt to put two very influential people in history side by side and discuss their similar PHILOSOPHIES, not their actions. One used their intelligence and strength for the greater good and the other to commit atrocities.

Politically, it was stupid, considering that there are rabid character assassins out there, like Beck, who just live for this kind of ammunition. He took a speech on PHILOSOPHY and tried to twist it to mean that Anita Dunn supports Mao's killing of millions of people.

Beck is a witch hunter, plain and simple. He attributes evil intent where there is none and draws preposterous conclusions to frighten people with imaginings.

He is free to paint whatever conspiracy theories he chooses to, but that does not make them factual.

And the red phone business is ridiculous.
So let me see if I understand you....You are saying that it is OK if there are avowed communists advising the President as long as you don't know about it.

I can understand that you want to support Obama and think that he can do no wrong. But to put your head in the sand and hope everything comes out OK is not the way to live.

Since the media (reporters) are not doing their jobs to expose problems in the government and the White House, now we need people like Beck, who is not a journalist to do their jobs. Whatever happened to Woodward and Beirnsein?

The Red Phone is a BRILLIANT idea.... It's the WH that has declared WAR on Fox....

Old 10-16-2009, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
So, to you, patriotism means alcohol/drug abuse, avoiding military service, and making wildly untrue accusations and sensationally inaccurate assertions to a wide audience. Beck fits in right next to Ted Nugent, another "recent" convert to patriotism.

True patriot, indeed...
I guess the new Patriot is a Communist, at least in the Obama White House.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:09 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I guess the new Patriot is a Communist, at least in the Obama White House.

It seems that those who so loudly label themselves "patriots" these days see their fellow Americans as enemies.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:15 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,342,697 times
Quote:
I can't blame you for being a cynic...I also never believed the tears of the TV evangelists...

As for Glenn, I don't think he wants to cry on air...he get's emotional because he worries about our country and his childrens future.

Did you actually watch the show last night, or are you just speaking on things you heard or read?
Just bits and pieces.
You don't see him as a type of TV preacher and I do.
Just because I trust Beck, it doesn't mean I don't trust his followers.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:20 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
So let me see if I understand you....You are saying that it is OK if there are avowed communists advising the President as long as you don't know about it.
She may have just been blowing China for more dough.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:29 AM

1,327 posts, read 3,678,809 times
Quote:
It seems that those who so loudly label themselves "patriots" these days see their fellow Americans as enemie
This is SO true. If you say the wrong thing...like you're against the war...you're unpatriotic. If you don't like Bush...you're unpatriotic.
BTW I don't like Obama either...does that make me patriotic or unpatriotic. Please let me know, so I can pick the right side.
Thanks.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:42 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,682,126 times
Exclamation I'll See You And Raise You...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LABART View Post
This is SO true. If you say the wrong thing...like you're against the war...you're unpatriotic. If you don't like Bush...you're unpatriotic.
BTW I don't like Obama either...does that make me patriotic or unpatriotic. Please let me know, so I can pick the right side.
Thanks.
I for one won't be mad at you if you don't like Mr Obama...you and everyone else who feels that way has the right to say that, and I'd defend you on the floor of the Supreme Court if necessary---no sarcasm, that's fact, because I feel that strongly about people's right to speak...

However, I DO have an issue with those who dislike him, and do it with name-calling and other such BS, because they can't have their way, and that people don't choose to worship all the fear-mongering horsepuckie that comes from the mouths of Beck, Limbaugh, etc like it's the Lost Gospel Of Christ or something...THAT"S where I have a problem, not with you disliking the President
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies