Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2009, 09:20 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Since there is no denying FOX is #1, it seems the next plan of attack to minimize their dominance, is to play a numbers game to show why being #1 is insignificant.

You can have Fox News all you want! As for me, I prefer to stay in reality!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 09:24 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
Colmes is long gone.
of course he is, did you read what I really said? As usually some people only see what they want to see. I said, he was, not he is!!!! And I asked the poster how long has it been since you watched FOX if you even did?

oh, BTW, he is a guest on O'Reilly just about every week for one segment. But of course you probably didn't even know that.

NIta

Old 10-21-2009, 09:27 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,828,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
You can have Fox News all you want! As for me, I prefer to stay in reality!
What is your reality? Where do you get your news from?

Old 10-21-2009, 09:29 AM

429 posts, read 1,116,876 times
I love watching Fox News. I lol all the time from how wacky their anchors get. I don't really like Glenn Beck but only because he's really into radical conspiracies. Hannity, imo, was better when he had Colmes because they got to play off each other and their relationship was funny and came across as pretty tight working buddies. I think personally, I prefer OReilly because he makes very strong points on his show pretty often. If you watch his show, you'll understand. And most of those who judge him do not watch his show.

I think it's nice to get both sides of political issues. So what if Fox News leans right? EVERY OTHER NETWORK LEANS LEFT. No one complains. People need to get over themselves. Fox News serves a great purpose in being an outlet for a very large percentage of the electorate. Even if I may disagree with that electorate sometimes, they deserve to be heard too.

That said, omg Laura Ingraham should have her own show. She's so strong and fierce!! <3

Old 10-21-2009, 09:29 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
People can hate fox all they want and rant away about it. It doesnt bother me at all.

It is the only TV news I will listen to, but it certainly isnt the only news outlet that I source.

My big issue is this action by the Obama adminstration to attack fox.

I dont understand how any American liberal or otherwise can stomach such an action.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:38 AM

429 posts, read 1,116,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
People can hate fox all they want and rant away about it. It doesnt bother me at all.

It is the only TV news I will listen to, but it certainly isnt the only news outlet that I source.

My big issue is this action by the Obama adminstration to attack fox.

I dont understand how any American liberal or otherwise can stomach such an action.
I think it's majorly pathetic that Obama is trying so hard to shut up Fox News? He really should pay more attention to his falling poll numbers than to what Hannity has to say about him.

YOU CAN'T CAMPAIGN FOREVER, OBAMA. Get to work.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:04 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,982,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGrad2009 View Post
I love watching Fox News. I lol all the time from how wacky their anchors get. I don't really like Glenn Beck but only because he's really into radical conspiracies. Hannity, imo, was better when he had Colmes because they got to play off each other and their relationship was funny and came across as pretty tight working buddies. I think personally, I prefer OReilly because he makes very strong points on his show pretty often. If you watch his show, you'll understand. And most of those who judge him do not watch his show.

I think it's nice to get both sides of political issues. So what if Fox News leans right? EVERY OTHER NETWORK LEANS LEFT. No one complains. People need to get over themselves. Fox News serves a great purpose in being an outlet for a very large percentage of the electorate. Even if I may disagree with that electorate sometimes, they deserve to be heard too.

That said, omg Laura Ingraham should have her own show. She's so strong and fierce!! <3
You're illustrating the problem - Hannity, Beck and O'Rielly aren't anchors. So what anchors are you calling wacky?

Old 10-21-2009, 10:05 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGrad2009 View Post

I too liked Sean better with Alan and I really like Laura..

Nita

Old 10-21-2009, 10:06 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,982,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Well, the evening line-up is certainly carnival-esque - Beck, Hannity, O'Reilly. That is entertainment created to create sensationalism. The way facts and statements are spun and twisted or put together in montages to tell one portion of a story could never be taken as entirely truthful.

The daytime news has a dubious history of inaccuracy and slanted coverage (i.e. distributing talking points to tell anchors how to spin the news in favor of conservative ideology and firing any who retain journalistic integrity).

But, in the end, I'm glad Fox is there. It's important to have that perspective in the mix. Only problem is when people only watch Fox and actually think they're getting the whole truth rather than an ideologically-skewed interpretation. It's important to take in all sides.

I prefer NPR and BBC, myself. They're pretty balanced in their news segments.
You're joking about NPR, right?

Do you have aproof about the daytime news being inaccurate?

Old 10-21-2009, 10:16 AM

921 posts, read 1,132,548 times
Fox news has reported more false stories than any other media.

Do your research before calling me or anyone else on these forums stupid.
Fox News Corrects False Claims About Gay Obama Education Adviser — Will Hannity Do The Same? | The Plum Line

Fox News Correction: False Claims About Kevin Jennings

BTW, maybe you enjoy feeding into that false media.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post
YOUR opinion.
I have never heard of the term "false entertainment" before, so could you please ellaborate what it IS?
I mean, I can't recall a time when I ever said......"Man, I'm really disappointed with this......it's such FALSE entertainment."
BTW....I haven't watched Jerry Springer much ever but what little I have seen......COULD be quite entertaining......just REALLY STUPID!
Whereas.....FOX News, I find to be extremely informative, a bit entertaining with GB and they have far more integrity and truth than the likes of ALL the other "news" outlets.
I get a kick out of the fact that all these other news channels have a field day reporting on Michael Jackson and plenty of other FLUFF......but choose to ignore news (information) that AFFECTS ALL of US in one way or another!
Michael Jackson's death and balloon boy.......are NOT the kind of "news" I care to hear about all day, don't affect me and there are far more important issues going on worthy of reporting.
These stories are NOT worth dragging on and on for weeks and months, IMHO!
FOX News has only shown us just how biased or chicken$hit the other news channels REALLY are.....or under, this administration!
It proves to me.....THEY have no guts and are scared or in bed with this admin./govt. and because of this.....THEIR credibility IS NON-existent.
Michael Jackson is dead......GOOD riddance too!
Balloon boy is safe and it was a big hoax that DISTRACTED US pretty good.
What now CNN?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies