Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 05:48 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,314,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisake View Post
Good advice. Reading a newspaper wouldn't hurt, either.

Fox is not a news network. It's a conservative propaganda machine.

Oh my, listen to David Axelrod much do ya?

So when he tells he this you really believe it?

So is CNN is a news network or a left wingnut comedy show?

Geesh, you have NBC, CNN, MSNBC, ABC all all those other networks covering for ObamAcorn and you are really worried about Fox.

Get a grip, Fox is exposing Obama, just what we want them to do. How else are we going to find out the REAL TRUTH about Obama the Commi?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 05:49 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Just because someone says they're fair and balanced 2000 times a day does not mean that they are. Is Glenn Beck Fair and Balanced? How about O'Reilly? Hannity? These are Fox's top ratings earners.

People watch it because they want to see what absurd thing they say/do next. Sort of like how Howard Stern got high ratings before he wen't over to Sirius.

When I worked the night shift, Fox News was on all the time, its the last thing from fair and balanced. CNN and MSNBC are not any better. Few of them really report on an issue, its more conservative/liberal whining about the issue with little perspective.

If you want to be informed, listen to NPR.
Fair and balanced as far as content goes, applies to the news reporting programs not the opinion shows. It's just that some viewers can't tell the difference.

Old 10-20-2009, 05:49 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,318,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Gosh are your doing an Obama and making things up on your own again?

Wrong, the real reason Obama is going after Fox is that his own base is now watching Fox and Obama is afraid that with Fox exposing his commi life they will defect him.

Polls have shown 40% of Fox viewers are left wingers!!!

Obama is scared of Fox because he knows even YOU watch Fox.

It is hell being the top dog and more powerful then the idiot in the WH.
Since there is no denying FOX is #1, it seems the next plan of attack to minimize their dominance, is to play a numbers game to show why being #1 is insignificant.

Old 10-20-2009, 05:50 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love.doll View Post
fox news is racist.
Oh, yeah ... anyone that disagrees with Obama and his Marxist political views must be "racists" — right?

Old 10-20-2009, 06:13 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,828,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
On TV, Fox is the ONLY right-wing network, so it gets 100% of the right-wing audience.

Liberals have multiple TV news networks to choose from, so their audience is split between MSNBC, CNN, and the rest.

Take a group of 50 conservatives and 50 liberals.

Here is a breakdown of what networks they will watch:

Fox - all 50 conservatives

MSNBC - 15 libs

CNN - 15 libs

PBS - 5 libs

ABC - 5 libs

CBS - 5 libs

NBC - 5 libs

Now do you see why Fox gets the largest audience?

They have a monopoly on right-wing TV.
It's amazing how many libs DON'T watch Fox according to your theory, yet, they sure act like they know what Fox is saying during their broadcasts?

Of course everyone knows that these libs who say this stuff is just reguritating the garbage they get from their liberal blogs....or are they really watching Fox?

Hypocrites.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:18 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Just because someone says they're fair and balanced 2000 times a day does not mean that they are. Is Glenn Beck Fair and Balanced? How about O'Reilly? Hannity? These are Fox's top ratings earners.
"Opinion" does not need to be "fair and balanced". That is why it is opinion.

I find that Fox News is fair and balanced, much more so than the rest of the news organizations. Can anyone deny that CNN or MSNBC do not lean heavily left in their reporting? They simply do not report stories that reflect negatively on Obama, for example. How long did it take any of them to cover the flap over Van Jones, and his radicalism? None have yet (as far as I know) touched on any of other radicals like Cass Sunstein, Mark Lloyd, and the numerous others that Obama claims to rely on to form his policies. Were it not for Fox, we might still not know who these people are.

Quote:
People watch it because they want to see what absurd thing they say/do next. Sort of like how Howard Stern got high ratings before he wen't over to Sirius.
Oh, sure. That's why I watch it. I watch it because I want to knowt the truth about what's happening to and in our country and the world. I don't want to listen to a news broadcast that only tells me how wonderful everything is now that Obama is in the White House. In the same way, they had nothing good to say about President Bush. The whole world was in a bad state only because of Bush. They are still blaming the mess we're in on Bush. Never mind that the Democrat Party and it's economic policies going back as far as Jimmy Carter were to blame for the eventual meldown. They just cannot report such negative news about their own favorite party's responsibility. Nor do they criticize Obama now, for his out of control spending that is adding to the problem, and making everything hundreds of times worse.

Nope. Obama can do no wrong. He just inherited a mess.

Quote:
When I worked the night shift, Fox News was on all the time, its the last thing from fair and balanced. CNN and MSNBC are not any better. Few of them really report on an issue, its more conservative/liberal whining about the issue with little perspective.

If you want to be informed, listen to NPR.
NPR! NPR? Government news service!? Fair and balanced, I suppose. Give me a break. When the government is subsidizing broadcasting, it is not going to be fair or balanced, and NPR isn't.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:29 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,236,558 times
FOX is number 1

Not in New Mexico.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:36 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,828,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
FOX is number 1

Not in New Mexico.
I wonder why?

Old 10-20-2009, 06:43 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,724,101 times
Anyone who restricts his news input solely to one TV network isn't exactly opening up his brain and his mind.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:44 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,227,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
On TV, Fox is the ONLY right-wing network, so it gets 100% of the right-wing audience.

Liberals have multiple TV news networks to choose from, so their audience is split between MSNBC, CNN, and the rest.

Take a group of 50 conservatives and 50 liberals.

Here is a breakdown of what networks they will watch:

Fox - all 50 conservatives

MSNBC - 15 libs

CNN - 15 libs

PBS - 5 libs

ABC - 5 libs

CBS - 5 libs

NBC - 5 libs

Now do you see why Fox gets the largest audience?

They have a monopoly on right-wing TV.
It is good to see a linerla admit that the MSM is biased towards the liberal point of view. i think polls show you are wrong on liberlals watching fox though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies