Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 11:40 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times

Advertisements

Excuses wearing thin for Obama, media pals :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Steve Huntley (http://www.suntimes.com/news/huntley/1834209,CST-EDT-HUNT20.article - broken link)

Quote:
You'd think it's October 2008, the final month in the Obama presidential candidacy, rather than October 2009, nine months into the Obama presidency. Yet the Obama White House is in full campaign mode -- maybe because it needs to mask the shortcomings of the Obama presidency.

The White House trying to dictate who's a news organization. Democrats out to gut a business group. Obama media allies damning Americans as racist, unpatriotic and treasonous. Is this the America Obama promised when he campaigned to end the cynical and divisive politics of the past?
Oh, you bet. There were many, many people who saw through his "post-partisan" BS and his phony facade.

It was only a matter of time before the mask fell off, revealing the true dirty-dealing politician and his radicals in the WH.

Notice the pattern; If you criticize or don't agree with his views, he will target you in an attempt to isolate and marginalize, as he did with the CEO's, the GM investors. He needs an "enemy", an opponent to make his points. That should tell you right there how specious and false his points and rhetoric is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 11:41 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,571,018 times
I'm curious to hear what Obama failed on, would you care to elaborate?

Old 10-20-2009, 11:43 AM

2,039 posts, read 3,280,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Me too, in order to fail, you actually have to try and do something.

Old 10-20-2009, 11:44 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,571,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvMatt View Post
Me too, in order to fail, you actually have to try and do something.
Well I keep hearing it all the time but no one ever produces any answers. Strange.

Old 10-20-2009, 11:52 AM

78,436 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Closing Guantanamo. It's been 10 months now.
Healthcare is complicated, even the Iraq war etc. take time....but Guantanamo he has full control over.

Then again, perhaps he didn't fail and just used Guantanamo as a political talking point and really had no intention of changing the Bush admins policies there. If that is the case, it helped him get elected so perhaps he succeeded and we failed instead.

Old 10-20-2009, 12:02 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,310,759 times
As an avid anti-obama'er (based on how I feel about his policies, and democratic fiscal issues in general) whether you agree or disagree with obama, you have to understand NOTHING happens overnight. Sometimes policy takes years to implement.

Whether you like Obama or not, this is not the issue to arguing, it is silly. Again, I don't like Obama and I don't support him, but as a reasonable American, I am saying this is NOT the bandwagon to jump on. I don't support Obama bashing for the sake of Obama bashing, and that is exactly what this is. This is why, as a republican and an avid Fox news watcher, I turn the channel when Hannity comes on.

Old 10-20-2009, 12:08 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
with all respect to the poster who does some stuff i do indeed like, its just another characterization of a poliitical figure. i would like a little bit of objectivity about the presidency. principles not personalities please. his foreign policy has been a vast improvement. the oval office continues to spend way too much money, it does not seem to matter who sits in it. which makes me think the one who pulls the strings is not sitting at the desk.
the giant string pullers are DOD AMA and AIG. strangly very silent recipients of huge sums of money.

Old 10-20-2009, 12:17 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,485,000 times
As some have noted, what's actually wearing thin are the excuses for one content-free Obama-bashing spree after another. It's senseless. Particularly when no actual analysis or anything close to resembling a reasonable policy alternative is suggested.

Old 10-20-2009, 12:20 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,234,436 times
I agree in a way. The whole "OMG Obama is the devil" shtick is wearing thin, including people having to defend every crazy notion that pops into someones tinfoil covered head.

Old 10-20-2009, 12:22 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,291,205 times
Yeah, so when is Obama closing Gitmo? Is he promising in 2010, after the elections of course? Trying for one last grab at the desperately hopeful pro-peace civil right advocates? I can't wait to see the motto of 2010: "If you stay at home, you're actually voting Republican!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies