Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 06:18 PM

900 posts, read 673,185 times

Advertisements

Why would anybody care what consenting adults do in private? If it's public, it may be another issue - but then there's a lot of sexual activities far milder than BDSM that I wouldn't want to see in public, either.

People seem to be way too concerned about other people's sex lives. I don't get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 06:39 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus Podgorny View Post
Why would anybody care what consenting adults do in private? If it's public, it may be another issue - but then there's a lot of sexual activities far milder than BDSM that I wouldn't want to see in public, either.

People seem to be way too concerned about other people's sex lives. I don't get it.
And it seems to me that that OP wants to push this issue--whether people want it in their faces or not.

Old 11-19-2009, 11:08 AM

11,760 posts, read 14,656,809 times
I can't imagine that most people would care very much about this kind of private, consensual activity.

I recall that a couple of years ago there was a bust of some kind of BDSM get-together in Attleboro, Mass., with prosecutions, and I think the authorities came off looking pretty stupid. I never heard what the final resolution was, though.

Old 11-19-2009, 11:11 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Hmmm I wonder how many on the left or right would support a lifestyle that be it homsexual or hetrosexual that is BDSM based.
I wonder how washington would address this behavior and or choice.
between 2 adults and or many adults.

Discuss.

If you know nothing about BDSM and I'm sure many in congress wouldnt know anything about it probably you might be quick to judge.
What adults do in their own home is none of my business, nor is it the business of the government, PERIOD.
Casper

Old 11-19-2009, 01:21 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
what? never heard of civil marriage?

anyhow look at tradition, do we still trade a cow for a wife do we still offer some sort of dowry? traditionally we also often married off our daughters at 13 or 14? can we still do that? that is the history/tradition.

marriage was a trade in property. it was a business transaction. and thats the way it is seen now. it is a contract.

religious marriage is different.
we are talking about civil marriage. secular marriage. and bdsm people are not denied civil marriage (unless they are gays).

besides traditions change with time.
get with it. women are not property anymore. and stop trying to make marriage religious when it is not. marriage is CIVIL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
It's the word. "Marriage" has a religious root and tradition as it's definition.

The definition does not fit same sex relationships, or the identities of the oh-so conjoined.

So, if it is make-believe-copy, then shouldn't there be a wedding dress?

For it to be a marriage, wouldn't there have to be a Mr. and Mrs.?

Mz., Mzr.?

I see "gay marriage" as an invasive term.

"Gay marriage" is language trespass, and tradition trespass.

Let's call hydrogen and oxygen water, and carbon and oxygen something else. Though both are bonded in "love", they are still different.

Join a union, but don't insist that by doing so you have somehow become "management".

I see nothing wrong with a wealthy man leaving his estate to his dog with specifications on it's care and upkeep, but I object to the relationship being legally classified as a dog-man marriage. So I would ask the same question, "which one wears the wedding dress"?

Old 01-27-2010, 01:36 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,683,672 times
I stared this post because often many people know nothing about BDSM we can debate fetish vs lifestyle but that really wasnt the reason for my post.
I happen to have it as my lifestyle and am part of a community and believe I should be openly able to display my affection in public.
While many will not want to see it I can just think of many who wouldn't mind seeing it.
Generally I dont display my interaction with my slave in public but I do sometimes turn a few heads at the bar with our interaction. I am hetrosexual male (master/dom) with a bi-sexual (slave/submissive) female. We have group events, play parties and general get togethers and build good friendships. Some have BDSM in their bedrooms for kinky sex and some have it has a power exchange full lifesytle 24/7 situtation. My point is, some people are born more dominate and submissive then others and do they naturally enjoy this lifestyle and partnerships once they understand the option. Government has no reason to address this because we arent putting together groups to lobby washington for any laws to benefit our lifestyle. There is something call poly-BDSM of which I think some people would like to have 2 wives. I know we laws against that.
Many of the bible thumping crowd, morality police and feminist would never understand this lifestyle and just thought I would start this thread for just that reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies