Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 12:58 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,067,914 times

Advertisements

This looks like another one of those over zealous police situations like we saw up in Boston. I doubt this goes anywhere near trial, but Virginia is a funny state. I can't see the guy getting convicted unless there's more to the story than we have heard so far.

Making coffee naked does seem dangerous -- burn would be bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 01:16 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Many years ago while running one morning on a college campus I happened to look up and see a great-looking guy getting dressed in his dorm room. I considered it a great start to my day.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:44 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
This looks like another one of those over zealous police situations like we saw up in Boston. I doubt this goes anywhere near trial, but Virginia is a funny state. I can't see the guy getting convicted unless there's more to the story than we have heard so far.

Making coffee naked does seem dangerous -- burn would be bad.
Funny, that's the first thing I thought when I read this. Sure wouldn't be cooking bacon!

Old 10-21-2009, 01:50 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I just heard the man being interviewd....Come on, the man was making coffee in his own home at 5 am...give him a break...how low could the windows in his kitchen have been that he get's to thrown in jail for being naked in his own home...btw...what was the woman doing there at 5 am?
And what was she doing showing this to a 7 year old?

Old 10-21-2009, 01:54 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Hopefully, this will go all the way to court just so the man can ask the key question: what was that person doing, looking into his windows to be able to see him naked?

Old 10-21-2009, 02:26 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
I wonder if he had been wearing a speedo if she would have reported it for being more obscene than naked.

Old 10-21-2009, 02:36 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,231,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
And what was she doing showing this to a 7 year old?
And I'm sure her son is now traumatized by seeing a naked man!

Aside: One day I was walking in my neighborhood with my kids, and I noticed one house where, in a second story window, we could clearly see a man from the waist up, showering. My kids and I laughed about it, and when I got home I made sure my bathroom blind really covered the window

I didn't think at the time I was witnessing a crime!

Old 10-21-2009, 02:38 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,053,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
And I'm sure her son is now traumatized by seeing a naked man!

Aside: One day I was walking in my neighborhood with my kids, and I noticed one house where, in a second story window, we could clearly see a man from the waist up, showering. My kids and I laughed about it, and when I got home I made sure my bathroom blind really covered the window

I didn't think at the time I was witnessing a crime!
Thats a great point. americans are so paranoid of their body parts.

Please not female nipples! Cover them at all costs!

Old 10-21-2009, 02:49 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,924,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
I wonder if he had been wearing a speedo if she would have reported it for being more obscene than naked.
Friends never let friends wear speedos

Old 10-21-2009, 02:52 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,924,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
This one morning at an apartment I lived in a couple years ago, I got up totally naked from my bed...like buck naked & ran for the bathroom while covering my boobs. I did that because my porch door was open even though I lived on the 2nd floor & didn't think I had to worry about people on the sidewalk seeing me...wrong. I heard a guy whistle as I hightailed it to the bathroom. I was mortified but hey, at least he didn't sic the cops on me.
You should have felt flattered that the "guy" found you attractive enough to merit a whistle
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies