Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2009, 10:53 PM

29 posts, read 111,902 times

Advertisements

By any chance is this what they want to do with our country's Social Security? I cannot remember where nor when I heard it (my TV stays on 24/7/365 except for leap year ), but because our Seniors (like my 87 y/o Mother & 90 y/o Daddy) aren't getting a cost of living increase in 2010 with their Social "Insecurity" checks, the Gov't wants to give them a one-time $250.00 next year. My Mother's check goes DOWN every year because she didn't go to the SS dept. when she was suppose to because my Daddy kept working until he was ~80 y/o & she was the one penalized because of that...she receives $69.00/mo. and my Daddy gets ~$350.00/mo. Could/would you like to get that check??

Last edited by rxrhonda; 10-21-2009 at 11:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 10:54 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,905,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Your figures are wrong..

$173Billion has been spent

to create 30,000 jobs, of which 25% of those jobs are already unemployed again because their projects are completed..

Thats $173 BILLION to create 30,383 TEMPORARY jobs, and thats Obamas own figures..
You think those images support your wild statements?
173 billion would be for the entire year.

The 30,000 jobs was a great early report because it came from 2.2 billion in spending, less than one percent of the stimulus.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:57 PM

Quote:
And you dreamed up this figure from where?
Let me explain, since you completely dodged the point.

x + 1,000,000 jobs > x

x is the number of jobs we have without the stimulus

1,000,000 is a conservative estimate of the jobs created this year.

Some of you argue that x is better without the extra 1,000,000 jobs.

Old 10-21-2009, 11:05 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
You think those images support your wild statements?
173 billion would be for the entire year.

The 30,000 jobs was a great early report because it came from 2.2 billion in spending, less than one percent of the stimulus.
Wrong, did you fail to read
FUNDS PAID OUT, and projects COMPLETED.

The 30,383 is the sum from 10/12/09 along with the total spent from OBAMAS website, (recovery.gov)...

Or are you going to pretend that in the last 10 days millions have been employed?
Quote:
1,000,000 is a conservative estimate of the jobs created this year.
You might want to call and tell Obama because it seems you have more data than he does. Just the other day he acknowledges that millions of jobs were lost, not created, 1/2 of them in the last couple of months..

Old 10-21-2009, 11:05 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,405,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Again...$288 billion in tax cuts in ARRA...to individuals, small businesses, and larger corporations. How quickly you ignore...

When a third or more of someone's check is taken by the government, $13/wk doesn't help consumer confidence. Without a strong dollar and consumer confidence, we won't see the sustained growth without inflation we experienced during the 1980s Reagan Revolution and the 1990s Republican Revolution. A strong dollar combined with restrained spending and taxation is the key to greater consumer confidence and growth.

St. Louis Fed: Series: UMCSENT, University of Michigan: Consumer Sentiment

Tax and spend (hope and change) doesn't get us there, and printing Monopoly money at the NY Fed doesn't make for a strong dollar and doesn't inspire anyone either.

Old 10-21-2009, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Wrong, did you fail to read
FUNDS PAID OUT, and projects COMPLETED.

The 30,383 is the sum from 10/12/09 along with the total spent from OBAMAS website, (recovery.gov)...

Or are you going to pretend that in the last 10 days millions have been employed?

You might want to call and tell Obama because it seems you have more data than he does. Just the other day he acknowledges that millions of jobs were lost, not created, 1/2 of them in the last couple of months..
I think I understand where your problem is.
You think that partial result was the entire report, lol.

On October 30, the national results from this year will be compiled, and probably put on the recovery.gov website.

So in a bit over a week, we'll see if your 30,000 guess holds up or if the numbers are closer to 1,000,000

And I notice the little algebra I did still confuses you.
So let me make it simpler.

A family has 2 jobs
With the stimulus they have 3.

Which is more, 3 (jobs with stimulus) or 2 (jobs without stimulus)?

Old 10-22-2009, 12:37 AM

Quote:
I think I understand where your problem is.
You think that partial result was the entire report, lol.

On October 30, the national results from this year will be compiled, and probably put on the recovery.gov website.

So in a bit over a week, we'll see if your 30,000 guess holds up or if the numbers are closer to 1,000,000

And I notice the little algebra I did still confuses you.
So let me make it simpler.

A family has 2 jobs
With the stimulus they have 3.

Which is more, 3 (jobs with stimulus) or 2 (jobs without stimulus)?
So you do think that 970,000 jobs were created in the last week since the report was tallied? p.s. they are not MY numbers, I dont own recovery.gov

And you think I'm confused.. haha

p.s. your answer between 3 or 2 jobs is neither.. Individual A taking up a job, or individual B taking up a job is still ONE job.. the only time 3 jobs would be higher than 2, is if the 3rd job is a newly created one, which Obama admits hasnt taken place..

Come back and talk about Algebra after you understand basic math which equates that 2 + 1 doesnt = 3 if you take 1 away from someone else..

Old 10-22-2009, 12:43 AM

Quote:
So you do think that 970,000 jobs were created in the last week since the report was tallied? p.s. they are not MY numbers, I dont own recovery.gov

And you think I'm confused.. haha
You are confused.
Can't get any more confused, I don't think.
Although history suggests I shouldn't underestimate you.

That 30,000 jobs report was from a tiny fraction of a percentage of the stimulus.

Next stimulus report to show greater jobs boost | Special Coverage | Reuters

Quote:
Vermont, Ohio and Illinois say the stimulus has created or saved more than 23,000 jobs total in their states through their shares of the $222 billion of grants and loans currently available under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.

That compares to the 30,383 jobs the government said were preserved or established through stimulus contracts mainly involving road projects in all of the states since the plan was passed by Congress in February.
Comprehend the bolded part.

Realize that the states are compiling their numbers and we'll see the national numbers on October 30.

Quote:
a sweeping national survey to be released on October 30

Old 10-22-2009, 12:51 AM

Quote:
You are confused.
Can't get any more confused, I don't think.
Although history suggests I shouldn't underestimate you.

That 30,000 jobs report was from a tiny fraction of a percentage of the stimulus.

Next stimulus report to show greater jobs boost | Special Coverage | Reuters

Comprehend the bolded part.

Realize that the states are compiling their numbers and we'll see the national numbers on October 30.
What, no dispute between 3 jobs = the same as 2, if you take 1 from someone else?
Or what happened to this posting
Quote:
$2.2Billion, when again Obamas figures show $173Billion, do you understand you were about 78 times off the amount spent, and you think I'm going to count on you for employment figures?

Do you still not understand that many of these jobs are temporary, and Obamas own figures show that 25% of the projects are completed, meaning these individuals are already unemployed again? What part of temporary jobs dont you get?

One only needs to notice the unemployment % going up to see that there isnt an increase in those with jobs. Fuzzy math again?

Old 10-22-2009, 12:55 AM

Quote:
What, no dispute between 3 jobs = the same as 2, if you take 1 from someone else?
Or what happened to this posting

$2.2Billion, when again Obamas figures show $173Billion, do you understand you were about 78 times off the amount spent, and you think I'm going to count on you for employment figures?

Do you still not understand that many of these jobs are temporary, and Obamas own figures show that 25% of the projects are completed, meaning these individuals are already unemployed again? What part of temporary jobs dont you get?

One only needs to notice the unemployment % going up to see that there isnt an increase in those with jobs. Fuzzy math again?
No you are still wrong.
And I'm losing interest in caring if you understand it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies