Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Glen Beck Nuts?
Yes 123 32.80%
No 252 67.20%
Voters: 375. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 03:04 PM

1,038 posts, read 1,225,157 times

Advertisements

Glenn Beck has every right to be on the air, his critics have every right to criticize him as well. Criticism does not equal censorship, denying someones right to criticize is censorship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2010, 03:50 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,217,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
Glenn Beck has every right to be on the air, his critics have every right to criticize him as well. Criticism does not equal censorship, denying someones right to criticize is censorship.
Yea, and cutting down on the Nitrous Oxide he breathes should be illegal too... Damn liberals.

Old 04-02-2010, 04:45 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,311,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Is Glen Beck the crazy relative you politely listen to as he talks, talks, and talks. Why is he on the air? That's my thought. But I have to ask:
Should he be taken off the air?
He's a total moron...He's a low-life scum who makes a small mint off of scaring the hell out of the bottom-feeders in our society, but still...Don't think that is reason to ban him or anything like that. Just have to accept that, sadly, there are people in our country stupid enough to buy this clowns circus act!

Old 04-03-2010, 06:34 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,573,791 times
do you live in cuba?

Last edited by gysmo; 04-03-2010 at 06:36 AM.. Reason: skip a word

Old 04-03-2010, 09:06 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tongpa-nyi View Post
Wow, trick poll! You ask two completely different questions:

* should he be taken off the air? (my response: NO, I believe in free speech)

* is he nuts? (my response: YES, it's obvious.)

Since your thread title was misleading I voted NO and then saw that your poll asked a different question from the one in the thread title.

By the way, it's Glenn, not Glen. And he's nuts. He calls himself a recovering alcoholic. I call him an alcoholic who probably fell off the wagon a few years ago. I've never seen anyone in AA who was that crazy.

Not to regress but I hit the submit button instead of the preview button - thus the trick poll result.
When I originally saw him on TV my first thought was; here's another Morton Downey Jr.

This type of talk radio/now TV that Limbaugh and now Beck does was inspired by the one and only Morton Downey Jr. The difference is - Morton knew it was entertainment. Morton Downey Jr. was on the air for one year.

Now, are the days of cheap reality shows and Fox. Beck generate a lot of money. He will be on the air until that dries up. I don't care if he's on the air or not. But....

When Beck is yielding a baseball bat or pouring water over someone and pretending its gasoline and holding a match - the implications of violence are there. The intent of that should be questioned. Those visualizations have nothing to do with free speech.

Oh, how times have changed. I prefer the cigarette smoke blowing in your face of Morton

Old 04-03-2010, 09:46 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,740,370 times
Or even Wallace sneering at Rand.

Old 04-03-2010, 12:39 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,783,250 times
Glenn Beck is an opportunistic moron.

He is hell bent on destroying this country to make a quick buck. He makes impossible connections that infer what might categorized as bigotted, vitriolic lies.

The people who believe Glen Beck are the most ignorant and heinous people in this country. So it is very fitting he'd have a show on Fox News.

Free speech is what makes America great, and the Beckster takes advantage of that, and our poor education system ($20 to whoever gets that little piece of sarcasm).

I think if Becky and his followers looked into the lies he spouts their world world implode.

I'm gonna call Glenn Beck out...I have a suspicion he's actually the anti-Christ.

Old 04-03-2010, 07:34 PM

8,876 posts, read 13,907,158 times
I don't believe he should be taken off the air. That goes against our principle of freedom and free speech.

However, I don't have the time to listen to him blather on incessantly with his foolishness. I would hope that bad ratings take him and guys like Limbaugh off the air. They are doing more damage to the right than they can ever help!

Old 04-03-2010, 07:39 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,302,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Should he be taken off the air?
No, if you don't like him, don't tune in.

Old 04-04-2010, 11:58 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,217,959 times
Imagine. At what price a human soul sold?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies