Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 06:26 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,187,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
>>>>Too true. You see many post here in CD, they go on and on about how they hate Sarah but you can tell they drool over her.
Oh? YOU can tell? How? Got proof?

I do.

I think the female ones who worship at her feet are a lot more obvious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2009, 07:16 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,459,047 times
Default Rachel Maddow: I Sorta Look Like a Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Rachel Maddow is actually Noah Wylie in drag.

Pass it on.
Yikes! That is a pretty strong resemblance.

But I have to say that she's really good at analyzing and verbalizing. She has a nonthreatening way of getting to the point with a guest, using humor most of the time. Guys like Matthews and O'Reilly come across as blunt instruments in comparison.

I think she has a PhD. I can't recall what her field is, though.

OK, I just checked on google. She has an undergrad degree from Stanford and a PhD in political science from Oxford, where she attended on a Rhodes scholarship. She's razor sharp.

Old 10-24-2009, 07:18 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,240,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyz affair View Post
Not to trash the women at Fox

but some are hired primarily for their looks, legs and cleavage.
Whenever I get lonely, (my wife left me for some other guy)
I turn on fox and it fills my desires.

Old 10-24-2009, 07:22 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,240,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Yikes! That is a pretty strong resemblance.

But I have to say that she's really good at analyzing and verbalizing. She has a nonthreatening way of getting to the point with a guest, using humor most of the time. Guys like Matthews and O'Reilly come across as blunt instruments in comparison.

I think she has a PhD. I can't recall what her field is, though.

OK, I just checked on google. She has an undergrad degree from Stanford and a PhD in political science from Oxford, where she attended on a Rhodes scholarship. She's razor sharp.

Maddow was born in Castro Valley, California to Robert B. "Bob" Maddow, a former Air Force captain and an attorney for the East Bay Municipal Utility District, and Elaine Maddow (née Gosse), a school program administrator from Newfoundland, Canada.[7][8][9] She has one older brother, David. Maddow was raised a strict Roman Catholic in a community that her mother has described as "very conservative."[10][11] Maddow always excelled in academics and athletics. Referencing John Hughes films, she describes herself in high school as "a cross between the jock and the antisocial girl."[11]
A graduate of Castro Valley High School in Castro Valley, California, Maddow earned a degree in public policy from Stanford University in 1994.[12] At graduation she was awarded the John Gardner Fellowship. She was also the recipient of a Rhodes Scholarship and began her postgraduate study in 1995 at Lincoln College, Oxford. In 2001, she completed her Doctor of Philosophy degree (styled a DPhil) in politics from the University of Oxford.[13] Her doctoral thesis is titled HIV/AIDS and Health Care Reform in British and American Prisons. She was the first openly gay American to win a Rhodes scholarship.

Old 10-24-2009, 07:35 AM

30,145 posts, read 18,747,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
She and her team are the best in the business when they are not busy pushing the Gay Agenda. She certainly doesn't back down from people who pretend to be experts
As long as the position does not question the Fuhrer or gay rights. MSNBC is an embarrassment.

Old 10-24-2009, 08:00 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,609,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
MSNBC is an embarrassment.
Well, they're not Fox, that's for sure.

Old 10-24-2009, 08:09 AM

30,145 posts, read 18,747,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Well, they're not Fox, that's for sure.
What is your point? An unfaithful idiot in public office means what? We are talking about reporting the news, not a propaganda outlet. Have you actually watched MSNBC? They actually talk about "us", "we", and "them".

Old 10-24-2009, 09:12 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,566,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
How about this brilliant idea: She's being herself. She doesn't live to please people who have narrow concepts of what a woman should look like. Shocking, I know.

A woman should be feminine. Hence the word "female". Now that's brilliant!

QUITE SHOCKING......

Old 10-24-2009, 09:29 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,433,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
As long as the position does not question the Fuhrer or gay rights. MSNBC is an embarrassment.
Last time I heard Rachel say something critical of Obama -- last night. Don't remember exactly what it was because she -- like Olbermann -- criticizes Obama whenever she thinks he's wrong.

Old 10-24-2009, 09:31 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,433,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
A woman should be feminine. Hence the word "female". Now that's brilliant!

QUITE SHOCKING......
Umm....."feminine" is the word that describes stereotypical behavior of females. Hence the word "feminine".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies