Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 10:03 PM

404 posts, read 1,094,991 times

Advertisements

I agree with you. I hate whites for bringing civilization to an uncivilized world. Just think.. if we were all africans, we could still be living in straw huts and chucking spears at undomesticated animals. We certainly wouldn't have to deal with globalization (no transport) or global warming (no technology besides bonfires).

Honestly, I think the worst part would be that blacks wouldn't be awarded high paying jobs and be able to buy late model german cars with Rims and pretend to be important!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2010, 01:18 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesco White View Post
Just think.. if we were all africans, we could still be living in straw huts and chucking spears at undomesticated animals. We certainly wouldn't have to deal with globalization (no transport) or global warming (no technology besides bonfires).
You do know that this is what White people did for hundreds of thousands of years, right. Until those pesky Middle-easterners brought us civilization.

Old 04-12-2010, 07:46 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Blame is the name of the game, whether you discussing marital problems or division of the races.

This kind of talk only comes from those whose only interest is to promote more ignorance and racism. They are the problem not the solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
/\ Yes, I agree that the powers that be are invested in keeping people fighting and operating on false pretenses w/ regards to this issue.

I just get fustrated sometimes w/ what I see in this fourm. I was rasied believeing that ignorance was on it's final march into oblivon but it seems stronger than ever.

Also, I just get angered by double standards. Just like it's enraging to see Blacks get typecast as criminals, it's equally distrubing to see people write of Western Civilization/Whites as being nothing more than villians on the world stage. Every group on the planet has blood on their hands and the sooner we realize that, the sooner we get closer to the truth.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:29 AM

677 posts, read 1,620,788 times
For the record, after I finish college I do plan on leaving this "white, western world" in search of a place that doesn't just talk about equality but actually LIVES it.

I see racism on a daily basis and it disgusts me. It's fine and dandy that our country promotes racial equality but I just do not see it around me. I am a white person and that seems to signal to some other white people that I'm all for hearing about how black or hispanic people are ruining the country or causing problems for them. And of course, they preface their idiotic comments with "I'm not racist, but"

The problem is that people love talking about the end to racism, but few people want to act on it. Here's an idea, and this goes for ALL races: Instead of whining about it on the internet, go to a public place and communicate with people of other races. Pick up a book and read about the history of a race other than your own. Hopefully it'll eventually sink in that it doesn't Moderator cut: language matter what race a person is. Trying to categorize each other is a pointless endeavor, because generalizing a group on the behaviors of a few is so blatantly ignorant that is only serves to separate people based on intellectual capacity more than anything else.

I have five notebooks. One is red, one is blue, one is green, one is yellow and one is orange. They all came from the same store, have the same number of pages, the same number of lines and the same metal spiral connecting the pages. The only difference is the physical appearance on the outside. Now, I could separate them and decide which ones are inherently 'better' because of how they look or how familiar they are to me, OR I could realize that they're all basically the same and one shouldn't be treated any differently than another.

Until we all realize that people should be viewed as individuals and not separated into groups based on physical qualities that we have no control over, our society won't make any progress on this issue.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 06-20-2010 at 03:43 PM..

Old 04-26-2010, 09:04 AM

78,421 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchelle View Post
For the record, after I finish college I do plan on leaving this "white, western world" in search of a place that doesn't just talk about equality but actually LIVES it.

..... Pick up a book and read about the history of a race other than your own.
Slavery in modern Africa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Welcome to 2010, enjoy your journey outside the oppressive racism of the white, western world.

I think you are confusing the fact that we address and openly talk about our shameful past and ongoing attempts to improve with some sort of utopian ideal. You also seem to have bought into some sort of "whites are the racists" mindset? Oooooh there is a big big world out there....good luck.

Ethnic relations in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-26-2010, 10:48 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Slavery in modern Africa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Welcome to 2010, enjoy your journey outside the oppressive racism of the white, western world.

I think you are confusing the fact that we address and openly talk about our shameful past and ongoing attempts to improve with some sort of utopian ideal. You also seem to have bought into some sort of "whites are the racists" mindset? Oooooh there is a big big world out there....good luck.

Ethnic relations in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One cannot look at African Americans and divorce our current conditions and culture from our past in this nation and our contact with European Americans. Arabs spread their culture and ways in North and East Africa for the last thousands years. For the last 500 years, starting with the Protégées, Europeans have been spreading and impacting West and South Africa with their culture and economics. Not surprisingly, A European language is the official language of most African Countries today. Most nations have a European based Political, judicial and economic system. This tells you that much of Africa today is heavily influenced by the West So Africa today is hardly a case study of pure African culture and customs, given that non-African language, political constructs, religion and the like dominate the continent. So when one looks at Africa today, post centuries of Arab and European influence, it does not represent “Africa” in its purity, but rather, Africa in its altered state.

One also has to be cognizant of the fact that slavery and agrarian based economies have gone hand in hand. Traditionally (and currently in poor nations), agriculture is hyper labor intensive. You need a lot of bodies to work the land. In Africa, when tribes warred, lives were lost. That means workers were lost to work the communal farms of kingdoms. So the solution was to take captives during warfare to replace the lost labor of dead warriors. Nearly all African slaves, pre European impact, were the result of wars, and to a lesser degree, crimes against society. Slavery in Africa, although it gets labeled with the same term, was starkly different in reason and practice than what existed in the West.

African communal societies grew food for tribal consumption…..not for international trade. Hence, there was not the demand for slaves to mass produce crops because the tribe could not eat all the extra crops. They could store it and accumulate wealth for the chiefs, but it’s ONLY when a society seeks to export excess production that the need and demand for slavery manifest. They were not building massive temples and structures that required an enslaved labor force either. When the Arabs and European came trading guns and commodities that African did not have, the African exchanged their prisoners of war for these goods. It’s the demand created by Arabs and Europeans, which changed the nature of slavery in Africa. Africans mostly had communal society…..not export and trade driven societies like the Europeans and Arabs. It is and was the demand for slaves to produce goods for trade and export, through capitalism, that created the brutal Western form of racial chattel enslavement.

One can argue that slavery exist in America via the prison industrial complex. America has the most prisoners of any industrialized country and maybe even the most prisoners period. What do they do while they are in Prison? They are often put to work at wages of maybe 50 cents an hour. Inhumanity should be stomped out everywhere, but I view practices of “slavery” in Africa today as criminal acts and not something legalized by society as it was in the West. Those countries are dirt poor and don’t have the ability to police the countryside and put these people carrying out this inhumanity in jail, as the dominate rule. There would still be slavery in America today, if this was a poor Agrarian dominated economy were we did not have the resources to police and enforce certain behaviors.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 04-26-2010 at 11:54 AM..

Old 04-26-2010, 04:55 PM

1,419 posts, read 2,455,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchelle View Post

I see racism on a daily basis and it disgusts me. It's fine and dandy that our country promotes racial equality but I just do not see it around me. I am a white person and that seems to signal to some other white people that I'm all for hearing about how black or hispanic people are ruining the country or causing problems for them. And of course, they preface their idiotic comments with "I'm not racist, but"

The problem is that people love talking about the end to racism, but few people want to act on it. Here's an idea, and this goes for ALL races: Instead of whining about it on the internet, go to a public place and communicate with people of other races. Pick up a book and read about the history of a race other than your own. Hopefully it'll eventually sink in that it doesn't Moderator cut: language matter what race a person is. Trying to categorize each other is a pointless endeavor, because generalizing a group on the behaviors of a few is so blatantly ignorant that is only serves to separate people based on intellectual capacity more than anything else.

I have five notebooks. One is red, one is blue, one is green, one is yellow and one is orange. They all came from the same store, have the same number of pages, the same number of lines and the same metal spiral connecting the pages. The only difference is the physical appearance on the outside. Now, I could separate them and decide which ones are inherently 'better' because of how they look or how familiar they are to me, OR I could realize that they're all basically the same and one shouldn't be treated any differently than another.

Until we all realize that people should be viewed as individuals and not separated into groups based on physical qualities that we have no control over, our society won't make any progress on this issue.
Well racism will never go away and that's whats wrong with American society people judge on physical characteristics first. It also doesn't help that people pay attention to the media.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 06-20-2010 at 03:44 PM..

Old 04-26-2010, 05:02 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times
I think that 90% of the population in the US is non-rascist, but its the 10 % left, that ruins it for everyone. So people imagine the problem is everywhere, when in reality, its just the 10 % that are hard core rascist getting lots of attention because they are extremist and outspoken. .

Old 04-28-2010, 12:52 AM

221 posts, read 364,856 times
Quote:
Occasionally, spades need to be called spades. While I agree that making boxes for people is bad, it is mostly the left that come out with these damming posts basically saying anyone who doesn't agree w/ our ideology is a bigot.

All this is doing is giving genuine white bigots a platform from which to operate. Issues don't get resolved by PC speak, they get resolved by honesty. Weither it's talking about systematic racism in the Justice system or the not-so-PC facts behind crime and race, only by confronting opinions head on does anything get done.
Every time I talk honestly about blacks and attitudes towards them, and/or possibly AIPAC and related in these forums, eventually I get notes from administrators. Often, ironically enough, while getting notes from other posters saying things like, "I wanted to say that but was afraid too."

But if I were to rant about southern whites or muslims... well you know that's OK these days, LOL!

Old 04-30-2010, 04:41 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,806 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, but I have to rant about this issue becuase I am fed up.

I really am getting sick and tried of hearing how everything is the fault of white cultures/peoples. It's one thing to look back on history and remember the abject horror of slavery, colonialism, Jim Crow and the like. Obviously, we need to talk about the history behind our world and get those skeletons out of the closet. But frankly, I don't like the mindset that has propelled the whole discussion about racism. Yes, is there racism and hate in the Western World? Damn skippy, and it's disgusting. But let's bring some facts here:

Name one other region of the world other than Europe where the indigenous population has opened it's doors to the poor and driven to come and settle from around the world. Name one non-european power that willingly retreated from it's colonial past, and has been as open about the horrors it's inflicted upon others. Name one other culture where despite it's idiots, has willingly stood up against itself to defend peoples of other heritages.

Is life in the US/The West perfect for minorites? absolutley not. There is still plenty of cultural bigotry and inequalites that should be addressed, but then again, I don't see too many posts about people wanting to move to non-white areas (Japan excluded). I see more Hatians willing to move to France than vice versa. So if whites are all hateful, genocidal monsters, then why is that? My "White" side of my family has hues ranging from Bush to Obama. My "White" mom took care of her "Tan" son when his "Black" dad didn't want anything to do with him. I guess she's a racist. And for all the talk about how Western Civlization is a blight upon humanity, how many of you would willingly leave the white, western world? *crickets*.

All of this talk about America's supposed "racism" started after Obama began to go lower in the polls, and is a ploy to shut up dissidents. It would be one thing if these threads genuinley sought to dissect what still needs to be done in society, but it seems mostly to create a climate of "If you don't agree w/ me, then you're a bigot".

I had to get that off my back, but let's try to have a little bit of honesty here for a change.
Shizzles !!! ... BRAVO !

You should be highly commended for the great widsdom you have provided for those among us whom would .... "But Just Listen" regarding this matter !

So many of the idiotic "Race Card Players" are truly so completely obsessed with labeling everyone whom disagrees with them in the slightest as a "Racist", that they have become dangerously delusional !

As America continues to sadly fragment and rapidly decline due in great part to the folks whom continue to rant and rave over being offended by "Racism" and maliciously accusing everyone who doesn't agree of being a "Racist" ..... these acutely ludicrious whiners had better prepare for a day perhaps not so far away when they will have to deal with a whole new set of "Masters" or "Conquerers" here in what used to be America ..... I can only imagine how quickly the "Race Card Game" will be shut down in no certain terms ...and for good !

Yes indeed ... the curtain will come down very quickly in a situation such as this !

It appears that only in a dire situation such as the one described above will the looney race card players be brought to an abrupt halt for the long term !!!

Thanks / Old Sgt. Lamar
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies