Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 02:16 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,902,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDCJoe View Post
I'm hardly Hannity! But keep trying there good ole buddy! Are you serious in your belief that the Taliban are of no threat to us? LOL Really!? Regardless of why they hate us be it western morals, world domination or that we shot Bin Laden’s grandmother, the fact remains that they hate us! Period, and believe me if we pull out and let them regroup and take Afghanistan another Sept 11 will be on its way in a heartbeat.

Do you relish the idea of your plane being flown into a building? Do you want to be blown up? Do you want your friends and family members victims of another attack? I hardly think so. YOU get it through your head that these guys hate us, with every fiber of their being and they would not hesitate in taking your life to prove a point. Who knows if the gov ultimately wants to build a pipeline in Afghanistan!? If they do, dragging their feet in a eight year war is def not the most business practical way of accomplishing such. Afghanistan is indeed necessary.

To conclude yes, ultimately Iraq is about oil. Woooooo!!!!! Big secret and surprise there. Everyone in the free world knows that. But wake up there buddy, if we lose the middle east and access to oil what will happen to us as a country? Hmmmmm……? A complete collapse that will surely affect you. Uh let’s say complete dissolution of the country, civil war, and a complete collapse of our economic system. Do you honestly want that!? Please tell me not!
Bawk ! Bawk ! dat sky be fallin' !!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 02:27 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
I'm going to Afganistan in a little over a month - I'll let you know how it is

Old 10-28-2009, 02:28 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalrap View Post
What is our community organizer waiting for?

I know Barry is very busy campaigning and playing golf, but it might be a good idea for the empty shirt to go to Soros and find out how long they are going to look the other way as brave Americans are dying in his war of choice.

Maybe he is waiting till after the November elections? That could be it, since political power is more important to the leftist.
LOL. The anti-war right is raising its ungly head.

Old 10-28-2009, 02:38 PM

226 posts, read 893,999 times
Quote:
I'm hardly Hannity! But keep trying there good ole buddy! Are you serious in your belief that the Taliban are of no threat to us? LOL Really!? Regardless of why they hate us be it western morals, world domination or that we shot Bin Laden’s grandmother, the fact remains that they hate us! Period, and believe me if we pull out and let them regroup and take Afghanistan another Sept 11 will be on its way in a heartbeat.
YOU're hardly Hannity? You got me. The Taliban had nothing to do with 9/11. The hijackers were from Saudi Arabia. Yes really. I think what your missing here is Bin Laden said he likes it because it's now so much easier to kill Americans now. We are spending lives and money and we have now lost many more than we did on 9/11. They do hate us for the policies of our government but our government hasn't done a good job of punishing and bringing to justice those that are responsible for 9/11 and they could have done a much better job if they were serious.

Quote:
Do you relish the idea of your plane being flown into a building? Do you want to be blown up?
SO I must rely on the same government that let this happen and provoked these things to now save me?

Quote:
Do you want your friends and family members victims of another attack? I hardly think so. YOU get it through your head that these guys hate us, with every fiber of their being and they would not hesitate in taking your life to prove a point.
Why are they like this? There must be a reason to why they do these things. The main reason is occupation. They hate that we occupy their nations and bomb their countries and these things were happening prior to 9/11. Bin Laden said he had enough of it and that's why he retaliated. This is the same kind of fear mongering that Bush used to get is into Iraq.

Quote:
Who knows if the gov ultimately wants to build a pipeline in Afghanistan!? If they do, dragging their feet in a eight year war is def not the most business practical way of accomplishing such. Afghanistan is indeed necessary.
Afghanistan WAS necessary. Bin Laden was chased into Pakistan and what did Bush do? My point again is they could take out entire cities with bombs drop leaflets whatever but they refuse to fight this war and get it over with. Afghanistan was never authorized for occupation but was only initially authorized to punish those that were involved with 9/11. Congress hasn't declared war on any nation and this will not end.

Plans had been drawn for a pipeline even before 9/11.

Quote:
To conclude yes, ultimately Iraq is about oil. Woooooo!!!!! Big secret and surprise there. Everyone in the free world knows that. But wake up there buddy, if we lose the middle east and access to oil what will happen to us as a country? Hmmmmm……? A complete collapse that will surely affect you. Uh let’s say complete dissolution of the country, civil war, and a complete collapse of our economic system. Do you honestly want that!? Please tell me not!
Man your hysteria is entertaining to say the least. We will not lose the middle east and be out of oil if we pull out of Iraq how did you come to that conclusion? I am fully awake and I'm more concerned about guys like you voting. Why do you think anti war democrats have won the last two congressional elections and presidential election? Most Americans, like me, are willing to take our chances and want out of there. How much more money are you willing to spend and lives are you willing to spare for these wars? Is it all worth it? Please tell me not!

Old 10-28-2009, 02:50 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Today the Taliban struck again, aiming specifically at women and children.
The way I see it we should tell the Afghans quite frankly that although we like to help them, it is eventually their country and future. Nobody knows that country better than Afghans, nobody knows the culture and mentality better, nobody has better contacts etc. We should clearly say that we cannot win against the Taliban on their behalf and that it is the Afghans themselves who have to do the bulk of the bloody work. Their just living their everyday lives is not enough as the country is in a war. So they should make up their minds what they want: if they don't really outspokenly mind the rule of those savages, the West should not waste any more lives and money on that society because it is not worth it. We cannot bomb a country into the modern era when its population largely still likes living in the middle ages in that gloomy mix of Islam and tribal customs.

Old 10-28-2009, 03:04 PM

638 posts, read 929,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
Bawk ! Bawk ! dat sky be fallin' !!!!
Hopefully it won't fall on all of us.

Old 10-28-2009, 03:29 PM

638 posts, read 929,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amirelez View Post
YOU're hardly Hannity? You got me. The Taliban had nothing to do with 9/11. The hijackers were from Saudi Arabia. Yes really. I think what your missing here is Bin Laden said he likes it because it's now so much easier to kill Americans now. We are spending lives and money and we have now lost many more than we did on 9/11. They do hate us for the policies of our government but our government hasn't done a good job of punishing and bringing to justice those that are responsible for 9/11 and they could have done a much better job if they were serious.

SO I must rely on the same government that let this happen and provoked these things to now save me?

Why are they like this? There must be a reason to why they do these things. The main reason is occupation. They hate that we occupy their nations and bomb their countries and these things were happening prior to 9/11. Bin Laden said he had enough of it and that's why he retaliated. This is the same kind of fear mongering that Bush used to get is into Iraq.

Afghanistan WAS necessary. Bin Laden was chased into Pakistan and what did Bush do? My point again is they could take out entire cities with bombs drop leaflets whatever but they refuse to fight this war and get it over with. Afghanistan was never authorized for occupation but was only initially authorized to punish those that were involved with 9/11. Congress hasn't declared war on any nation and this will not end.

Man your hysteria is entertaining to say the least. We will not lose the middle east and be out of oil if we pull out of Iraq how did you come to that conclusion? I am fully awake and I'm more concerned about guys like you voting. Why do you think anti war democrats have won the last two congressional elections and presidential election? Most Americans, like me, are willing to take our chances and want out of there. How much more money are you willing to spend and lives are you willing to spare for these wars? Is it all worth it? Please tell me not!

Can you protect yourself? How do you stay out of harms way, outside of building a bunker somewhere thereby removing yourself from the main stream?

As I stated before there a multitude of reasons for their hate of us. Our government policy, western values, and so on and so on. This in no way diminishes the hate however. Do you think if we went over there and held their hands and sang Kumbaya things would miraculously improve over night? Their ideology is based upon a governmental Theocracy. Theocracies are inalterable concerning international diplomacy. Why? Because of their very nature. If you supposedly have a government built solely on the will of God, then any dissention is that of the devil. Look at conservative Christians within the US. It’s their way or the high way, no room for discussion. The Taliban have no interest in discussing anything with us.

I agree, Bush didn’t do enough to end this war quickly enough, and his administrations inaction may have lost the war already. However the bombing of their cities has nothing to do with the Taliban’s removal. Their networks are hidden in caves, and unless we’re prepared to go over their level their entire area, the Taliban will be able to continue their activities. Additionally, I could care less about a pipe line. People who will blow themselves and me up in the name of Allah however scare the h*ll out of me!

Oh yeah because pulling out has been demonstrated as a successful alternative!? Hysteria, please man. To demonstrate the effectiveness of pulling out one needs to look no further than good old Somalia! Clinton backed down and pulled the black hawk operations out. Result? A country that still does not have a government. Try summering there next year and see what happens to you. This is all fine and good with Somalia because no one really cares what happens to it. No mineral resources to speak of, however knocking out Iraqi oil in terms of global supply (which could occur easily if law and order break down there) would be disastrous to our economy. No hysteria there, simple facts and I again remind you to look up some good vacation property in Somalia since pulling out works so well!

Old 10-28-2009, 03:37 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,103,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Bush's lies weren't nearly as bad...

Why, one persons life is better than anothers?

Old 10-28-2009, 04:10 PM

226 posts, read 893,999 times
Quote:
Can you protect yourself? How do you stay out of harms way, outside of building a bunker somewhere thereby removing yourself from the main stream?
Well the government already failed us on 9/11 so how can I be so sure it wouldn't happen again? The trade center was bombed prior to that. Oklahoma city bombing couldn't be stopped either.

Quote:
As I stated before there a multitude of reasons for their hate of us. Our government policy, western values, and so on and so on. This in no way diminishes the hate however. Do you think if we went over there and held their hands and sang Kumbaya things would miraculously improve over night? Their ideology is based upon a governmental Theocracy. Theocracies are inalterable concerning international diplomacy. Why? Because of their very nature. If you supposedly have a government built solely on the will of God, then any dissention is that of the devil. Look at conservative Christians within the US. It’s their way or the high way, no room for discussion. The Taliban have no interest in discussing anything with us.
I want the troops home not sing kumbaya with the terrorists. The terrorists are angry and they do believe radical things especially when our government is the ones that made them upset. I don't understand how you equate American christians [I'm one of them btw] with radical jihadists. I didn't say anything about discussions with the Taliban. Are you reading from a transcript. [Hannity Show?]

Quote:
I agree, Bush didn’t do enough to end this war quickly enough, and his administrations inaction may have lost the war already. However the bombing of their cities has nothing to do with the Taliban’s removal. Their networks are hidden in caves, and unless we’re prepared to go over their level their entire area, the Taliban will be able to continue their activities. Additionally, I could care less about a pipe line. People who will blow themselves and me up in the name of Allah however scare the h*ll out of me!
Okay getting better now

Quote:
Oh yeah because pulling out has been demonstrated as a successful alternative!? Hysteria, please man. To demonstrate the effectiveness of pulling out one needs to look no further than good old Somalia! Clinton backed down and pulled the black hawk operations out. Result? A country that still does not have a government. Try summering there next year and see what happens to you. This is all fine and good with Somalia because no one really cares what happens to it. No mineral resources to speak of, however knocking out Iraqi oil in terms of global supply (which could occur easily if law and order break down there) would be disastrous to our economy. No hysteria there, simple facts and I again remind you to look up some good vacation property in Somalia since pulling out works so well!

Yes, hysterical. Somalia is a different case entirely it's like comparing apples to oranges. The gulf war didn't cause this collapse of America you speak of and neither did the halt of oil production caused by operation Iraqi freedom. Whomever controls Iraq you can bet on them selling that oil. Iraq isn't the only place that has oil. OPEC is comprised of several nations and not just in the middle east either.

Old 10-28-2009, 04:16 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,929,238 times
Bring our boys home NOW and to hell with the Iraqis' and Afghanis'!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies