Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2009, 07:16 PM

1,133 posts, read 712,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
You are only "guilty" if you "don't" do something to thwart the effort of the driver ...

You can get out ... wave down passing motorists ... or find other ways to draw attention to the illegal activity that's going on ...

Or .. you can do nothing, and be just as guilty as the one driving the stolen car is, simply by going along for the ride.

The boys that stood around and "watched" .. and did exactly "nothing" .. are just as guilty of rape as the ones that were doing the actually doing raping.

Just exactly how hard can that be for folks to understand?
I didn't read it exactly like that the last time. You painted it a little clearer that time what you meant, being proactive to get away or report the situation or even stop the crime. I agree with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I actually feel sorry for you because people's reaction to this crime is not based on their political affiliation. I believe you are the only one trying to make it so.
I am only saying that as a good example, it will always 100% of the time, be the liberals that are the apologists. They will somehow try and find an angle, a justification, a rationalization, a way to excuse the behavior. Not all liberals.
Then when they get the perps to court there will of course be the attorney that champions the excuse, and the bleeding heart juror that buys the excuse and the judge that trims the punishment. Every time all the time they will be liberals.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:42 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
I am only saying that as a good example, it will always 100% of the time, be the liberals that are the apologists. They will somehow try and find an angle, a justification, a rationalization, a way to excuse the behavior. Not all liberals.
Then when they get the perps to court there will of course be the attorney that champions the excuse, and the bleeding heart juror that buys the excuse and the judge that trims the punishment. Every time all the time they will be liberals.
How about trying to stick to the topic at hand when you make the sweeping generalizations? Thanks ever so.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:54 PM

Karfar it appears to me that finally we agree on everything except the more finite aspects of the case. We could once and for all and with great finality solve this one minor difference you and I have by polling the rapists and the bystanders.
If we could ask them the question, "Who did you vote for or support in th e last presidential election they would have only three possible answers: 1. Obama 2. Who or 3. Huh?

Old 11-02-2009, 07:55 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,976,319 times
Quote:
How about trying to stick to the topic at hand when you make the sweeping generalizations? Thanks ever so.

Exactly...I mean, in all honesty, does it even matter which political party offers excuses for the rapists? Does that change anything that happened to this young girl?...

If there was someone getting raped right in front of our faces, I swear, some of us would be too busy arguing politics anyway, and trying to ascribe political labels to peoples' opinion, to prevent the attack or make a difference in the attack one way or the other...

Old 11-02-2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Karfar it appears to me that finally we agree on everything except the more finite aspects of the case. We could once and for all and with great finality solve this one minor difference you and I have by polling the rapists and the bystanders.
If we could ask them the question, "Who did you vote for or support in th e last presidential election they would have only three possible answers: 1. Obama 2. Who or 3. Huh?
It would help all involved immensely if you could A. not imbibe while posting or if you do imbibe, make some sort of sense B. stick to the topic at hand & C. stick to the topic at hand that has nothing to do w/politics. Or if you prefer, I could contact the mods & let them know that some children can't play by the rules & feel the need to hijack a thread? Your choice of course.

Old 11-02-2009, 08:12 PM

Quote:
It would help all involved immensely if you could A. not imbibe while posting or if you do imbibe, make some sort of sense B. stick to the topic at hand & C. stick to the topic at hand that has nothing to do w/politics. Or if you prefer, I could contact the mods & let them know that some children can't play by the rules & feel the need to hijack a thread? Your choice of course.
What say I just bid you goodnight. Some of us have to work in the morning. I'm just sayin'....

Old 11-02-2009, 08:20 PM

Quote:
What say I just bid you goodnight. Some of us have to work in the morning. I'm just sayin'....
That's what I thought.

Old 11-02-2009, 08:27 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Mistreatment of women is endemic to the Islamic culture.

Islam is Right Wing and absolutist.

I see correlations.

Old 11-02-2009, 08:30 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Any identified show be brought to court and sahmed for what they didn't do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies