Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 03:09 PM

3,049 posts, read 8,922,696 times

Advertisements

A safe place for Northerners to talk privately about themselves and others without argument with outsiders. trolls, Southerners, Mid WEsterners, and Westerners.

Old 05-11-2007, 03:10 PM

32,626 posts, read 77,796,979 times
I'm a Northerner. Representin' Da Electric City! WOOT WOOT! What shall we talk about? Pizza? Mmmmmm...me hungry!

Old 05-12-2007, 01:33 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,901,813 times
I'm from Alaska...is that far enough North? Actually...I don't really care where anyone is from...I even married a gal from Florida (about as far away from Alaska as you can search for someone...and still be in the same country), and we get along just fine. Your personality and disposition is far more important to me, than where you are from...
Hmmm...pizza? GOOD! Believe it or not, Alaska has a fair share of pizza parlors.... There is even one in Barrow, Ak, at the far north end of the state...advertised, I believe, as the "farthest north pizza joint in the world..." (probably true) Yum!

Bud

Old 05-12-2007, 02:46 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,099,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
A safe place for Northerners to talk privately about themselves and others without argument with outsiders. trolls, Southerners, Mid WEsterners, and Westerners.

What is considered a Northerner ¿

Old 05-12-2007, 03:31 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,394,493 times
I guess that means someone north of southern Virginia?? And west of ...oh, gosh, who cares.

But is there a question here .. somewhere Carolinajack?? :-)

I would say I am a person of the world - no borders - I live in south Florida but that's just geography.

Old 05-12-2007, 04:43 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,774,865 times
I'm from and in Texas and this whole thing sounds racist to me .....

Old 05-12-2007, 05:41 PM

1,233 posts, read 3,439,995 times
I find this thread rather rude and condensing for someone who claims he is a christian.

Old 05-12-2007, 06:23 PM

111 posts, read 263,843 times
Default Wow...

It only took one page for this one to get heated.

Good grief.

BTW, I'm from New York and I'm thankful that God has put me here.

(DISCLAIMER: THE PRECEDING COMMENT, "NEW YORK AND THANKFUL THAT GOD HAS PUT ME HERE" DOES NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE OPINIONS AND VIEWS OF EVERYONE ON THIS THREAD. THE PRECEDING COMMENT WAS NOT INTENDED TO OFFEND OR BELITTLE ANYONE WHO IS FROM THE "SOUTH" [AS DEFINED AS A VAGUE AMBIGUITY OF THE SOUTHERN GROUP OF STATES] OR THEIR RELATIVES AND FRIENDS. THE PRECEDING COMMENT WAS NOT INTENDED TO CONDESCEND UPON ANYONE WHO IS NOT FROM NEW YORK STATE [NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH NEW YORK CITY, HEREAFTER REFERRED TO AS "NYC"] OR ITS SURROUNDING NEIGHBORS. THE PRECEDING COMMENT WAS PUT FORTH TO EXPRESS CONTENTMENT AND GRATITUDE FOR THE CURRENT GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION OF THE AUTHOR OF THE COMMENT AND WAS NOT INTENDED TO EXPRESS ANY DISPLEASURE WITH ANY STATES BESIDES NEW YORK STATE, DESPITE AN UNUSUALLY HIGH OPINION OF THAT STATE, NOT CONTINGENT UPON THE CONDITION OF ANY OF THE 49 REMAINING STATES OTHER THAN THE STATE OF NEW YORK.)

I just thought that was necessary for this thread. Don't want to get in trouble!

Thanks for reading, friend.

Old 05-12-2007, 06:27 PM

7,064 posts, read 19,363,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghPaNative View Post
I find this thread rather rude and condensing for someone who claims he is a christian.
It's just immature if you ask me.

Old 05-12-2007, 06:36 PM

111 posts, read 263,843 times
Default I'm going to be a little more sarcastic than usual...

I think some folks are actually upset about this thread!

Good heavens, folks! Just take a breather! It's not "immature" or "condensing [sic]" for a Christian to want to talk about the north, with and among northerners! Yikes! There's some serious hostility here!

Would you go into a forum that talked about Playstation and brag about your XBOX scores or whatever? No. But yet it's automatically rude and immature to want to talk about the north within a northern caucus. Good grief.

I know what's immature, and it's not the OP's idea. I, frankly, do not recall anyone asking for your opinions, either. But maybe that's just my amnesia kicking in again. Hmm.

Again, I'm from New York and I'm thankful that God has put me here.

(DISCLAIMER: THE PRECEDING COMMENT, "NEW YORK AND THANKFUL THAT GOD HAS PUT ME HERE" DOES NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE OPINIONS AND VIEWS OF EVERYONE ON THIS THREAD. THE PRECEDING COMMENT WAS NOT INTENDED TO OFFEND OR BELITTLE ANYONE WHO IS FROM THE "SOUTH" [AS DEFINED AS A VAGUE AMBIGUITY OF THE SOUTHERN GROUP OF STATES] OR THEIR RELATIVES AND FRIENDS. THE PRECEDING COMMENT WAS NOT INTENDED TO CONDESCEND UPON ANYONE WHO IS NOT FROM NEW YORK STATE [NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH NEW YORK CITY, HEREAFTER REFERRED TO AS "NYC"] OR ITS SURROUNDING NEIGHBORS. THE PRECEDING COMMENT WAS PUT FORTH TO EXPRESS CONTENTMENT AND GRATITUDE FOR THE CURRENT GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION OF THE AUTHOR OF THE COMMENT AND WAS NOT INTENDED TO EXPRESS ANY DISPLEASURE WITH ANY STATES BESIDES NEW YORK STATE, DESPITE AN UNUSUALLY HIGH OPINION OF THAT STATE, NOT CONTINGENT UPON THE CONDITION OF ANY OF THE 49 REMAINING STATES OTHER THAN THE STATE OF NEW YORK.)

Yeah, I'm still going to be careful, though. I've gotta make sure I don't offend anyone here, you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies