Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 10:43 PM

714 posts, read 1,539,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Personally if I were close enough, I would want to go down and try to do something. That was my reaction when Katrina hit as well.

Its natural that George Bush who calls himself a Texan would go down and visit and try to bring some hope.

I should hope that MORE do so.

One consideration the President has is the amount of secret service is requires to go somewhere, not too mention the attention that is no doubt always aimed at him with the idea to assassinate him, do you really want that attention on him while he is at Fort Hood?? Him visiting right now might being more danger then its worth to a place that has already seen horror.
This was the largest attack on a US Military base. If he can take the secret service while he flies his wife to dinner, he can take them to Ft. Hood. I do agree that it might be more attention that it's worth, but he is the President, he should be able to make it happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 06:53 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,556,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityPerson09 View Post
Yeah... A total narcissist for letting the press in Then again if he didn't Fox News/Talk Radio would have a field day over how Obama is trying to silence the media.

Damned if he does damned if he doesn't situation.
Perhaps if he ever met a camera he didn't feel the need to be in front of opinions of him would change.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:02 AM

843 posts, read 1,298,425 times
Quote:
The press is going to be there for photos because he is the President!
They weren't when around Bush was President.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:06 AM
LML LML started this thread

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times
Believe it or not I didn't start this thread to begin yet another partisan war. I just simply wanted to say "thank you" to two people who did a decent thing without a partisan reason.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:07 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Heaven knows that, for the most part, I am no fan of George W. Bush. However, as a citizen, and as a mother of a soldier, I do appreciate the fact that President and Mrs. Bush visited our soldiers at Fort Hood last night. No fanfare. No photo ops. They just went and visited with the soldiers. Thank you both.
Too bad Dick Cheney hasn't done the same!

Old 11-08-2009, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Yeah... A total narcissist for letting the press in Then again if he didn't Fox News/Talk Radio would have a field day over how Obama is trying to silence the media.

Damned if he does damned if he doesn't situation.
Bush went to Dover several times and never took the press.

Why does Obama care what Fox News and talk radio say anyway?

Geeesh, everyone knows the only people that listen to that garbage are southern, uneducated, drunk, white males that live in houses on wheels and cling to their religion and guns and have sex with their sisters.

Obama and his fellow dems should ignore Fox News and talk radio.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:12 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPoleMarathoner View Post
Bush went to Dover several times and never took the press.

Why does Obama care what Fox News and talk radio say anyway?

Geeesh, everyone knows the only people that listen to that garbage are southern, uneducated, drunk, white males that live in houses on wheels and cling to their religion and guns and have sex with their sisters.

Obama and his fellow dems should ignore Fox News and talk radio.
I hope you're being sarcastic.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I hope you're being sarcastic.
Yep.

My point is if the Dems always stereotype anyone that watches Fox News as being ignorant and what not. Yet, they seem so worried about them. If anything they claimed was true about Fox then they wouldn't even mention them.

I never heard Bush complaining about MSNBC.

Clinton was the best. He hated all media. That's the way a politician should be. It means the media is doing their job.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:28 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,302,796 times
He does hate the media. Fox News.

Old 11-08-2009, 01:54 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyJersey View Post
Bush did that throughout his 8 years...he would quietly visit injured troops, meet with families, no press.

I loved his surprise Thanksgiving visit to Iraq.
Now how do you know about that if there were no press?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Wrong. The only photographer that has to be there is the White House Photographer. Every other photographer is at the behest of the President.
Not necessarily. We do have freedom of the press in this country. That means the press is free to go and photograph the president if they wish (albeit what anifani said as well). The pres. does not necessarily 'invite' the press to go with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies