Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 07:50 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,632,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Obama in the Whitehouse while you lot are still tossing petrol bombs.
Credit is due to America for electing someone from a grouping who were treated as second class citizens for 170 years.

And as for tossing petrol bombs - I suggest that you direct your ire toward your fellow citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 07:59 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,772,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indurain View Post
Credit is due to America for electing someone from a grouping who were treated as second class citizens for 170 years.

And as for tossing petrol bombs - I suggest that you direct your ire toward your fellow citizens.
Was that you? Next time I will use cow dung.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:03 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,632,113 times
Quote:
Was that you? Next time I will use cow dung.
Duly noted.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:37 AM

78,352 posts, read 60,556,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indurain View Post
I don't think any American is placed to lecture others on the topic of racism - gievn your country's history.
Ah, so where we are today versus where we were is inconsequential.

Whoa, stand back some deeeeeep thinking going on here.

Imagine an Irish-catholic PM or a black? Didn't think so.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:37 AM

549 posts, read 1,665,260 times
Quote:
Ace:

There are indeed some noticable minorities in France, the Netherlands, and Germany. And there are noticable problems.

In the US, blacks account for around 12% of the population. Hispanics are now around 15% and climbing. That's not to mention Asians, Arabs, Indigenous peoples, and others, most of whose numbers are climbing. Indeed the USA has the most generous immigration policy and its primarily aimed at non-whites. Not the hallmark of a racist society, is it?

There is no way France, the Netherlands, and Germany could handle those numbers. And there is not an argument in the universe that would convince me otherwise.

Germany has, what? A Turkish minority that does not even approach double digits percentage wise. Yet there are frequent problems. If 13% of Germany's population was composed of black people who were descended from slavery, there is no way in hell the situation would be devoid of numerous tensions and problems. No society on the planet would function without issues.

So in the pissing contest of who is more racist, Europe wins. In a landslide.
You are quite an

Hispanic is not a race.

In fact, the most homogenous European country outside Europe is Argentina.

Argentina, Uruguay, Australia, and Canada are the most Homogenous European countries outside Europe aka white countries of the new world.

Chile is even whiter than the U.S.

Mexicans are North Americans...they have nothing to do with south America.

The demographics of Brazil are very similar to the U.S.

Brazil has the lasrgest population of Italians outside Italy with over 25 million Italian Brazilians. Also they have the second largest population of Germans outside Europe. More than 12 million German Brazilians..etc etc Portuguese, Spaniards, polish, etc.

You must be a white meztizo like Elvis Presley who believes is white like a Euro.

The majority of "white US Americans" are not as white/pure as Europeans.

Last edited by Eduardo983; 11-19-2009 at 09:17 AM..

Old 11-19-2009, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo983 View Post
You are quite an

Hispanic is not a race.

In fact, the most homogenous European country outside Europe is Argentina.

Argentina, Uruguay, Australia, anda Canada are the most Homogenous Euopean countries outside Europe aka white countries of the new world.

Chile is even whiter than the U.S.

Mexicans are North Americans...they have nothing to do with south America.

The demographics of Brazil are very similar to the U.S.

Brazil has the lasrgest population of Italians outside Italy with over 25 million Italian Brazilians. Also they have the second largest population of Germans outside Europe. More than 12 million German Brazilians..etc etc Portuguese, Spaniards, polish, etc.

Mexico does not equal south America...

You must be a white meztizo like Elvis Presley who believes is white like a Euro.

A white US American is not as white/pure as a European.
Yes Eduardo, I know Hispanic is not a race. One can be Hispanic and be white, black, indigenous, or various mixtures of all.

Understand that byte space is limited and some of us do not feel the need to spoon feed semantics or extensive descriptions of what we assume is known a priori.

As someone of who is composed of Irish, German, Swedish, Anglo, and Danish blood, I am as you describe. Do not look like Elvis. I used to look like Rob Lowe, but then I hit middle age. So did he, so maybe I still look like him.

Anyway Amigo, you may withdraw your at your convenience.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:47 AM

78,352 posts, read 60,556,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Europe is racist. Any area or country that is overwhelmingly white is racist.
That's a pretty racist comment and quite ignorant.

The World; Racism? Mexico's in Denial. - The New York Times

Google Image Result for http://voyage.typepad.com/lfc_images/Tokyo_Underground_2.jpg

Google Image Result for http://voyage.typepad.com/lfc_images/Tokyo_Underground_2.jpg

Old 11-19-2009, 09:28 AM

549 posts, read 1,665,260 times
Quote:
Yes Eduardo, I know Hispanic is not a race. One can be Hispanic and be white, black, indigenous, or various mixtures of all.

Understand that byte space is limited and some of us do not feel the need to spoon feed semantics or extensive descriptions of what we assume is known a priori.

As someone of who is composed of Irish, German, Swedish, Anglo, and Danish blood, I am as you describe. Do not look like Elvis. I used to look like Rob Lowe, but then I hit middle age. So did he, so maybe I still look like him.

Anyway Amigo, you may withdraw your at your convenience.
my Viking-American compatriot.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo983 View Post
my Viking-American compatriot.
Salute!

Old 11-20-2009, 02:01 AM

154 posts, read 535,848 times
Quote:
Ace:

There are indeed some noticable minorities in France, the Netherlands, and Germany. And there are noticable problems.

In the US, blacks account for around 12% of the population. Hispanics are now around 15% and climbing. That's not to mention Asians, Arabs, Indigenous peoples, and others, most of whose numbers are climbing. Indeed the USA has the most generous immigration policy and its primarily aimed at non-whites. Not the hallmark of a racist society, is it?

There is no way France, the Netherlands, and Germany could handle those numbers. And there is not an argument in the universe that would convince me otherwise.

Germany has, what? A Turkish minority that does not even approach double digits percentage wise. Yet there are frequent problems. If 13% of Germany's population was composed of black people who were descended from slavery, there is no way in hell the situation would be devoid of numerous tensions and problems. No society on the planet would function without issues.

So in the pissing contest of who is more racist, Europe wins. In a landslide.
You still don't get it, i was saying that Europe has so many different countries with different cultures and people. You can't generalize it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies