Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 07:28 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
It is the same old McCarthy pattern. Tell a big lie and tell it often enough and loud enough that those who are to lazy to research or even think will just accept it as truth and repeat it and repeat it. No shame in these people. No shame at all.
Yes, liberals' reluctance to watch/listen to conservative programming gives them a narrow, skewed view. They'll repeat mainstream liberal media talking points as though they were truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 07:29 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th Street View Post
From your document:

This organization is not affiliated with Obama's transition team.
I see nothing in your quoted text that would back up your claim.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:33 AM

1,902 posts, read 2,468,632 times
Certainly not surprising at all.

Obamao has always surrounded himself with un-American crazies, this guy would have fit right in.

Now to sit back and watch the union members scramble to deflect and defend.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:41 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times
I would have a lot more respect for and pay a lot more attention to the "conservative" populace if they had the integrity to speak the truth to this kind of nonsense. If they would stand up and say; "You know darned well this guy was in the audience.....along with hundreds of other people....during a symposium and has nothing at all to do with Obama" I would at least start thinking that they had respect for the truth. I might then start believing that what they believe had enough substance that it didn't have to depend upon a web of lies to stand.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:44 AM

78,423 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post

^^i know this dude aint
talking about no one making excuses when he goes into cover on anything conservative and crazy lashes out anything not conservative. stop listening to circus music.

everything you said about excuse and things coming can be hogtied too conservatives too but you wont and havent made any threads about them. why should anyone take your mongering serious? they're entertaining though
reeding youre post. make me weeps for edumacation in are countrie.

and things

Old 11-19-2009, 07:52 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times
The people who never have enough proof will not swallow that this is the same man, even though the name and the school are the same. The main stream media will ignore/delete as well.

No wonder Obama wanted to end the investigation. Sit back down in your seats and watch the rest of the story. Should be entertaining.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:55 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,499,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I would have a lot more respect for and pay a lot more attention to the "conservative" populace if they had the integrity to speak the truth to this kind of nonsense. If they would stand up and say; "You know darned well this guy was in the audience.....along with hundreds of other people....during a symposium and has nothing at all to do with Obama" I would at least start thinking that they had respect for the truth. I might then start believing that what they believe had enough substance that it didn't have to depend upon a web of lies to stand.
He wasn't just a simple audience member...read the document, read the list of participants...he wasn't just an audience member...now I would like to now why he was there, who chose him, etc.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:10 AM

507 posts, read 678,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I see nothing in your quoted text that would back up your claim.
Where do you see "Obama's Transition Team" in the quoted text? They are separate organizations.

Anyway, here is a list of actual transition team members. You will not find the shooter's name or institute on that list :
http://change.gov/learn/transitionstaff
Obama-Biden Transition: Agency Review Teams | Change.gov: The Obama-Biden Transition Team

Old 11-19-2009, 08:39 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
The document lists him as a participant in O's transition team. Perhaps O had nothing to do personally with his involvement, but, the feds knew he was making threats, etc., and did nothing, and he was involved with this to top it off. You can say what you want but O failed the country when his administration did nothing about this terrorist to stop him. The fact O wants to delay an investigation makes me very suspicious.
The document doesn't list him as a participant in O's transition team, because the document isn't about O's transition team.

The document is about George Washington University and a Homeland Security project they put together. Dr Hasan participated in the project in a very peripheral way. Which is why George Washington University has explicitly stated that Dr Hasan is not affiliated with the university or this project.

George Washington University was not involved in O's transition.

I find it very suspicious that you place responsibility for Dr Hasan's actions on President Obama and his administration. Dr Hasan is solely responsible for the acts he committed. Both the Obama administration AND the Bush administration, as well as the US Army, failed to accurately assess the threat Dr Hasan posed.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:41 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Now we have a little insight into why Obama said to not jump to conclusions about Nidal Hasan and why Congressmen were not briefed before the press leak. Yes, Obama saying there's no need for an investigation is very suspect.

Like Sunny said, how long will people put up with this, even defend it?!
As long as people can read, southward. Because if you read the links arctic is putting up, it's clear that this document is NOT about Obama's transition team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies