Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2009, 01:38 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,299,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Why does a white guy that basically says the same things Bill Cosby, myself and other blacks being called a racist?

The black male clients have to be the most difficult unfocused clients that i deal with. The black male clients are the only clients that I have to be concerned about as it relates to my safety. The black male clients are the only clients are the only clients that walk around with the bad attitudes and chips on their shoulders. The black male clients are by far the laziest clients in the shelters. What's really bizar is most of our volunteers and finacial supporters are whites.

My remarks come from years of working in many shelters in 3 major cities.

Do I hate my own race? No. But I am highly disappointed.
I agree with this so according to many I am racist and hate blacks. Then why is it that I admire and respect Ron? I'm confused.

Rest easy Ron. I don't think this minority of blacks is destroying the black race. Most of us know that this does not represent the majority of blacks. It does, however, represent a awful lot of blacks. Enough so that it is recognized by most as a real problem and enough so that we are here discussing it.

It would be great to discuss some possible solutions but unfortunately with most people I either cannot get past them denying that there is a problem or I cannot get past them thinking that it's not the fault of the people who behave this way.

The rule that applies here is the same as it's always been. If you don't recognize that there is a problem or you don't recognize what is causing the problem then the problem will never get solved.

- Reel

Old 11-24-2009, 01:51 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
I agree with this so according to many I am racist and hate blacks. Then why is it that I admire and respect Ron? I'm confused.

Rest easy Ron. I don't think this minority of blacks is destroying the black race. Most of us know that this does not represent the majority of blacks. It does, however, represent a awful lot of blacks. Enough so that it is recognized by most as a real problem and enough so that we are here discussing it.

It would be great to discuss some possible solutions but unfortunately with most people I either cannot get past them denying that there is a problem or I cannot get past them thinking that it's not the fault of the people who behave this way.

The rule that applies here is the same as it's always been. If you don't recognize that there is a problem or you don't recognize what is causing the problem then the problem will never get solved.

- Reel

What you can't get past is anyone not looking passed the ignorant bias rhetoric that you spew each and every time there is a thread started focusing on "Blacks". NO ONE is in any form of denial of crime in the Black, White, Asian, Muslim community NO ONE. Once their is a solution to the VIOLENT behavior of humans PERIOD. Then we will be much better off.

Why don't you focus on the violence against children, come up with a solution to that. Or violence against women and children by their husbands, boyfriends or fathers. To constantly mask your racist babbling as a solution to the Black community is completely pathetic and comical at the same time.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:56 PM

815 posts, read 2,137,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post

- Reel

There is a problem, so what are your solutions?

Old 11-24-2009, 04:46 PM

1,796 posts, read 1,661,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
What you can't get past is anyone not looking passed the ignorant bias rhetoric that you spew each and every time there is a thread started focusing on "Blacks". NO ONE is in any form of denial of crime in the Black, White, Asian, Muslim community NO ONE. Once their is a solution to the VIOLENT behavior of humans PERIOD. Then we will be much better off.

Why don't you focus on the violence against children, come up with a solution to that. Or violence against women and children by their husbands, boyfriends or fathers. To constantly mask your racist babbling as a solution to the Black community is completely pathetic and comical at the same time.
Talking about violence sounds smart to me.

Old 11-24-2009, 05:57 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,202,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
The only flaw in your response here, is that the majority of blacks in this country are left leaning. So the majority that are well to do are left leaning, and also the majority that are poor are left leaning etc...
Meaning that their political affiliations have nothing to do with how successful they end up.

/argument

Old 11-24-2009, 05:59 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,080,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
Meaning that their political affiliations have nothing to do with how successful they end up.

/argument
exactly

Old 11-25-2009, 02:29 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,931,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
I'm sorry, but I'm just going to bust out with it:

If white people are such horrible monsters, then why do so many Blacks from Africa/The Caribbean seek to move to white countries? I simply think it's a slap in the face to be concerned about "Maintaining your culture" when it's quite clear you ditched your native lands for somewhere else.

You can't complain about Africa's demise when so many of it's talented and hopeful would rather take the easy way out and book a flight to London/Paris/NY rather than actually fight to take back their country. And actually, it's white people who are going extinct due to birth rates.

Granted, there is much truth in what you're saying. However, I am of the belief that the whole mindset of "Black = Victim" is the root casue of self-destructive attitudes in the first place.
Individually I like white people a lot. Some of my most enduring friendships are with white individuals. My fiancee is a white individual. Blacks from the Caribbean and Africa don't move to just any white country they move to the countries where whites established colonies and extended reciprocal immigration agreements post occupation. Since they left such disarray in their wake there usually wasn't much choice for working class people of the Caribbean and parts of Africa but to head to Great Britain, the U.S. or the Netherlands to name a few.

Collectively that branch of caucasians known as the Anglo Saxons just might be the most horrible race of human monsters to walk the earth. Britain singlehandedly created Pakistan and established that conflict with India. Do I have to mention Israel/Palestine? Once Saxons invented firearms and set off round the world building empires and abandoning them thus destabilizing whole continents the world has never been the same.

Ron continues to diss his brothers in a most disloyal way. I don't know anyone who likes violence, laziness or anti-social behavior. It isn't neccessary to solicit solutions from racists because there are no solutions coming from that quarter. Or any other. There are no 'solutions'. The present sorry situation concerning a subset of black individuals is an unforgiveable, incurable, legacy of American slavery. It isn't often discussed but is true nonetheless that slaveowners sought to breed better slaves on American soil because so many died in transit and many in the raw First Generation state were intractable and unuseable. Using what knowlege of genetic inheritance existed at the time, which wasn't insignificant given that horses and other livestock had been bred to a high degree of perfection already in 1750. Slaveowners commited atrocity after atrocity breeding human beings like cattle to create a super race in physique while breeding out intelligence and will. Maybe you will look at NBA players in a different light after reading this.

You can spend the rest of your life wanting black slackers to pull their pants up and get MBA degrees but it isn't going to happen. Cowpie and other white racists can spend the rest of their lives waiting for a subset of black men to become model fathers and superior breadwinners but it isn't going to happen. Why, I should think if there was a snowballs chance in hell of a turnaround of the way these individuals conduct themselves it would have happened already. We are going to have to live with our dysfunctional black brothers and sisters the very same way high attainment WASP's live with the the reality of rednecks, trailer trash and Goth kids. Three investment firms are going to pay year end bonuses of $30 Billion to a couple dozen top performing Masters of the Universe. With a lot of humility I say to you that if I had been white, with what I have upstairs and on paper I would be earning six figures. Easy. Even Ron would be a lot higher up the food chain than where he is and might be less inclined to grouse about how he is being held back by association with thug culture. That isn't going to change anytime soon either. If 1% of Americans have more wealth than the other 99% combined it is a certainty that going forward there will be less opportunity for blacks in America rather than more.

White Anglo Saxons established this Capitalist system that pits us against one another and has us fighting over scraps while they bask in wealth so outrageous that it simply cannot be utilized. Stop knocking your brothers, Ron. Knock the system that kept their parents down for so long that they were unable to instill the values neccessary to thrive. Stop feeling so superior, you could be a lot further and higher and would be in a different reality. White America has infused Black America with work ethic and wants to hold Blacks to the same standard but will not pay Blacks on par with White workers and will not hire Black people except under threat of sanctions from EEO bodies. By 2050 there will be 50 million more Americans . Do you think it reasonable to believe that we can grow the economy enough to employ all of them? I think we better spend the next 40 years figuring out how to get the 2 Trillion dollars parked in tax havens outside the jurisdiction of the IRS into the hands of the people of America. We don't have to fight and squabble like this over scraps. We could find much more love for one another if each of us had what we needed for ourselves.

H

Old 11-25-2009, 07:10 AM

305 posts, read 805,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I've had enough of this idiotic behavior in the black community. It's just down right sick. There is a segment of the black population that is causing problems for the blacks that are productive and want to live a higher quality of life.

MOST black areas in major cities are total WAR ZONES. I talk with friends and family about this isse very often.

It's hard for blacks with decent incomes to find establishments that cater to blacks because those damn thugs have destroyed black communities across the country.

They tear up the properties and the violence is unbelievable. I'd like to go to a high end restaurants and stores owned by blacks but it's hard to find areas in major cities that have not been over taken black poor black thug culture.

Heck I'd like to go high end stores owned by whites if they were opening up shop in black areas but they don't and I cannot blame them.

I would bet and like to believe if those destroyed black areas in the cities were majority middle class to upper class blacks with decent to high incomes and high net worth, whites and blacks alike would open businesses in those areas.

It am totally disappointed considering all of the years of hard work blacks have put in fighting for civil rights. I also would like to add that whites helped fight for the civil rights of blacks as well. It seems as if it has been wasted. :-(

I'll probably get bashed for this thread because someone will make up 1 million excuses is to why the behavior is justified.

What are some possible solutions?
End black hate and spread black love... if you speak proper English... good for you but don't look down on your own who don't.

Old 11-25-2009, 07:42 AM

305 posts, read 805,530 times
Blacks are the only group on people in constant turmoil with each other, everything we do is unacceptable... how we name our kids.... how we dress, how we act, how we speak and so forth.

But other cultures it's normal, normal for a Indian man to name his new born Kabir or Padmesh and to name their daughter Sajala. It's normal for a Chinese restaurant to get caught with a tail of a cat in the trash bags and for them to get slap on the wrist for fine but it's not normal for a black to be in love with Fried Chicken, he's at lunch with his white friend and he's ordering a salad when he's starving and that 3 piece with a fries and coke look good.

That black woman is bashed for acting white to get the job but that Latino isn't when as soon as he/she is around their fellow Hispanics you can't understand a word their saying... but America finds a way to work around that.

Acceptance is the main issue, we are in constant war with each other, we're scared to do this, scared to do that and those that attain some level of sucess flock outta the hood/ghetto fast.

Blacks won't succeed like that, until we create businesses and hire our own all hope is lost, I don't know if you're a brotha making 120k a year you'll be whining about poor blacks and thug culture until those in power hire and accept their own.

Arabs come here and sell black hair and skin products to blacks... but we can't sell our own products to each other? Arabs open up chicken joints in the hood and we can't sell fried chicken to our own people? Are we that scared of being stereotyped? Has white people destroyed our mind that we're uncomfortable to sleep in our own skin?

As I was telling a black business owner who complains how he cannot find qualified black help since he checks his email and sees no brothas who email him about a job, I told his ass to get down to workforce one and approach young brothas and tell them you run a company and are looking for help.

A solution to black America is acceptance and guidance but first acceptance.

Old 11-25-2009, 08:29 AM

1,796 posts, read 1,661,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8.00 per hour View Post
Blacks are the only group on people in constant turmoil with each other, everything we do is unacceptable... how we name our kids.... how we dress, how we act, how we speak and so forth.

But other cultures it's normal, normal for a Indian man to name his new born Kabir or Padmesh and to name their daughter Sajala. It's normal for a Chinese restaurant to get caught with a tail of a cat in the trash bags and for them to get slap on the wrist for fine but it's not normal for a black to be in love with Fried Chicken, he's at lunch with his white friend and he's ordering a salad when he's starving and that 3 piece with a fries and coke look good.

That black woman is bashed for acting white to get the job but that Latino isn't when as soon as he/she is around their fellow Hispanics you can't understand a word their saying... but America finds a way to work around that.

Acceptance is the main issue, we are in constant war with each other, we're scared to do this, scared to do that and those that attain some level of sucess flock outta the hood/ghetto fast.

Blacks won't succeed like that, until we create businesses and hire our own all hope is lost, I don't know if you're a brotha making 120k a year you'll be whining about poor blacks and thug culture until those in power hire and accept their own.

Arabs come here and sell black hair and skin products to blacks... but we can't sell our own products to each other? Arabs open up chicken joints in the hood and we can't sell fried chicken to our own people? Are we that scared of being stereotyped? Has white people destroyed our mind that we're uncomfortable to sleep in our own skin?

As I was telling a black business owner who complains how he cannot find qualified black help since he checks his email and sees no brothas who email him about a job, I told his ass to get down to workforce one and approach young brothas and tell them you run a company and are looking for help.

A solution to black America is acceptance and guidance but first acceptance.
To me, these all sound like really good points. The reality has moved beyond black and white; somehow the mental paradigm hasn't. It will be interesting to see what happens when those two states of affairs match up better. I'm not sure anyone can predict what that might look like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies