Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 04:23 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
This is the most asinine post I have yet seen on CD.

Go to the head of the Troll Class!
I do believe that was sarcasm...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 04:48 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,677,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
I have my doubts this was truly a case of mistaken identity. As a hunter, you have a duty to do two very important things before taking every shot:

-Make a definite confirmation of your target's identity

-Be sure you have a suitable backstop behind your target

A hunter who abides by those simple rules will not mistake humans for animals. Simple as that. As a result - since the precautions are so simple - the penalties for ignoring them should be very harsh.
I have next door neighbors that don't seem to get those concepts.

Old 11-20-2009, 05:44 PM

1,476 posts, read 1,776,222 times
This story reminds me of the time Cheney peppered his friend with a shotgun.

Old 11-20-2009, 05:52 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Officials in Virginia say a college student was shot to death, and another one injured, while collecting frogs for biology class by a hunter who says he mistook the classmates for deer.

Breitbart.tv » One Dead After Hunter Mistook Students For Deer
Where I live everybody knows that you wear bright orange if you go into the woods during hunting season. This does not let the hunter off the hook, who is supposed to have a visual confirmation of a deer before he shoots (duh), but nevertheless, you still have to be very cautious.

20yrsinBranson

Old 11-20-2009, 10:19 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Where I live everybody knows that you wear bright orange if you go into the woods during hunting season. This does not let the hunter off the hook, who is supposed to have a visual confirmation of a deer before he shoots (duh), but nevertheless, you still have to be very cautious.

20yrsinBranson
^^^I was thinking the same, however, we don't know if they did or didn't have on the orange vests, hats, etc.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:31 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,309,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Hey, that hunter had a right to shoot and kill.
What about the second amendment.
It's a right, not a privilege.

Sad you would use a tragedy like this to further a partisan political agenda. There are no winners in a case like this.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:32 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,302,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I do believe that was sarcasm...
On this board, I doubt it.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:40 PM

799 posts, read 1,445,248 times
This story is strange. If I have something as large as a deer in my crosshairs then I aim for the heart like anyone else that isn't a stanger to common sense. Human chests and deer chests look nothing alike so I don't see how a hunter could make a mistake like this.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:43 PM

2,631 posts, read 5,456,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
I have next door neighbors that don't seem to get those concepts.
call the police on them. it would be even better if you tape it beforehand. that way, you have proof. this is all assuming that they are actually being irresponsible, like you are claiming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majordomo View Post
This story is strange. If I have something as large as a deer in my crosshairs then I aim for the heart like anyone else that isn't a stanger to common sense. Human chests and deer chests look nothing alike so I don't see how a hunter could make a mistake like this.
especially if that "deer" is wearing an old navy tee shirt and blue jeans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies