Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 01:05 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,311,278 times

Advertisements

I am not a Democrat nor an Obama supporter but based on the crap I heard on FOX News Radio today, I could NEVER vote for the Republican party. I have heard more than a few idiots say that Sarah Palin is a great candidate, that she is a very qualified, etc. How ABSURD is this? The woman has a Journalism degree from U of Idaho, no understanding of International Affairs, Economics or even simple World Geography. As much as I don't agree with Obama and his policies, I heard a local talk show host say that Palin's qualifications are better than Obama's. Hmm, U of Idaho vs Harvard Law School. How dumb can these people be? Anyways, Obama has done a terrible job so far but I could never support a simpleton, anti-intellectual idiot like Palin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 01:07 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,076,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I am not a Democrat nor an Obama supporter but based on the crap I heard on FOX News Radio today, I could NEVER vote for the Republican party. I have heard more than a few idiots say that Sarah Palin is a great candidate, that she is a very qualified, etc. How ABSURD is this? The woman has a Journalism degree from U of Idaho, no understanding of International Affairs, Economics or even simple World Geography. As much as I don't agree with Obama and his policies, I heard a local talk show host say that Palin's qualifications are better than Obama's. Hmm, U of Idaho vs Harvard Law School. How dumb can these people be? Anyways, Obama has done a terrible job so far but I could never support a simpleton, anti-intellectual idiot like Palin.
Anybody who actually thinks Palin was/is more qualified than Obama to be POTUS is seriously delusional.

But I guess that comes with the territory of listening to Faux News.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:10 AM

1,179 posts, read 976,094 times
Quote:
I have heard more than a few idiots say that Sarah Palin is a great candidate, that she is a very qualified, etc.
I can't for the life of me understand it. If she was qualified, I'd have no problem saying som but she's not. I think the biggy is they wanted to put a middle aged barbie doll type up there who gave great slogan speeches. Apparently that is what they GOP base likes, which is baffling.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:24 AM

403 posts, read 535,130 times
she wasnt pushed into running for VP because they honestly thought she was a good candidate. she didnt pushed herself into "going rogue' just because she wants to support the GOP & to promote her book.

sarah palin will run for some kind of office sooner or later.
right now...she's just rebuilding her fanbase.

yep...she's a real female dog alright.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:28 AM

1,782 posts, read 3,943,229 times
I am not a Palin fan at all. I am committed to making sure she loses in the primaries as well as I can.

But seriously....you're going to base your vote on what some people on Fox said? Not on the issues?!

If you don't agree with Republican policy ok, but don't support Dem policies you might not agree with just beacuse some fools on Fox are hyping up a candidate you don't like. Make sure she loses in the primaries.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:41 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,076,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love.doll View Post
she wasnt pushed into running for VP because they honestly thought she was a good candidate.
That's what is so comical about it. They picked her hoping to gain ground with the disenfranchised Hilary supporters. Did they not realize that those who supported Hilary couldn't be more opposed to Palin's beliefs.

McCain's 2008 campaign will go down as one of the worst run campaigns in history.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:43 AM

22,191 posts, read 19,473,387 times
It really comes down to ignorance is bliss. It really does. It seems like not knowing much outside of your little bubble is a great thing, meanwhile going on getting a strong education and gasp being an intellectual is horrid and demonized. I simply can't comprehend this insane kind of thought process, it just boggles the mind.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:08 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
That's what is so comical about it. They picked her hoping to gain ground with the disenfranchised Hilary supporters. Did they not realize that those who supported Hilary couldn't be more opposed to Palin's beliefs.

McCain's 2008 campaign will go down as one of the worst run campaigns in history.
Very true and now that she's on the national scene, she is becoming a bigger problem for the Republicans than she will be for the Democrats because she's just as divisive within the party as she was on the campaign trail. (Remember how she pitted rural heartland people against urban city people, blacks against whites. Evangelicals against more mainstream people of faith, etc., etc.?) My prediction is she'll become the spokesperson for the American Conservative Party and that will severely damage the Republican's next run for the White House, handing it to the Democrats again.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:22 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
And yet Obama won by how many points?

Old 11-22-2009, 09:24 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,711,259 times
Quote:

There is a very strong current of anti-intellectualism in the United States. Anybody who is educated and intelligent is seen as a "sell out" and "not one of us". I simply don't think a lot of these people know what they don't know.

They simply don't know what a real education does for a mind's ability to analyze all sides of an issue, not just regurtigate facts. I think a lot of people are threatened by that and watching Palin's mind works reveals that she really can't see all sides of an issue. She can simply see what she believes, which is why I think she's so appealing to some and such a disaster for the world if she ever got real power. Bush, despite his degrees (though he just studied business), had a similar inability to see beyond himself.

Someone posted a video on one of these threads of a reporter informing a young woman wearing an anti-bailout shirt that Palin actually supported the bailout.

A lot of confusion about what she actually stands for. A lot of her policies enacted in Alaska were the same proposed by Obama nationally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies