Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 03:21 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times

Advertisements

In their most recent poll about Afghanistan, Rasmussen has determined why he continues to dither. Why he leaves the troops there wondering if they will ever get the help that their commanding general asked for nearly 4 months ago so they can win.

Even all you liberal thinkers can accept this as the very reason Obama continues to dither about this. I bet he says nothing after tonight's big meeting with his defense wheels.

Anyway, if you read this one you will learn something that you can learn only from Rasmussen. I dare you to read it.

Voters Now Closely Divided On U.S. Chances for Victory in Afghanistan - Rasmussen Reports™

Can there be an easier way to wiggle out of helping the troops and their general? What could it be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 04:00 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
In their most recent poll about Afghanistan, Rasmussen has determined why he continues to dither. Why he leaves the troops there wondering if they will ever get the help that their commanding general asked for nearly 4 months ago so they can win.

Even all you liberal thinkers can accept this as the very reason Obama continues to dither about this. I bet he says nothing after tonight's big meeting with his defense wheels.

Anyway, if you read this one you will learn something that you can learn only from Rasmussen. I dare you to read it.

Voters Now Closely Divided On U.S. Chances for Victory in Afghanistan - Rasmussen Reports™

Can there be an easier way to wiggle out of helping the troops and their general? What could it be?
Or could it just be that the presidency of 0bama "appears to be ebbing away" at the faith and confidence that American citizens have in their own country?

Old 11-23-2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Or could it just be that the presidency of 0bama "appears to be ebbing away" at the faith and confidence that American citizens have in their own country?
That could be possible. Today a caller asked Rush why so many people hate the US and they agreed that only certain ones do that. However, I agree with what Rasmussen said that the longer he dithers the more people are against that thing.

My one time foster daughter will be going over there just after Congress. She wears a soldiers uniform although she is in the Kansas National Guard. She just finished two straight years in Kuwait about 18 months ago thinking she wouldn't have to go back. Her MOS describes food service as her job but for this one they told her to learn all she can about pest control. She is to work with Afghan women to teach them about that. I think her age, (45) will serve the forces well with Afghan women although she speaks no Farsi, at all.

I think that once Obama's people see that article they will decide to stop any kind of troop growth and just let the thing peter out and I sure hate to have Rene there when that happens.

Old 11-23-2009, 04:16 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
I think people are looking for leadership and a direction for the country, on the war, unemployment, the debt etc... and they are not finding any.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:12 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Hit Fast
Hit Hard
Hit Often

Go punch someone in the nose and stand there to see what they are going to do, is asking for a good azz whoop'n

Old 11-23-2009, 09:20 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,906,515 times
Obama should just be resigned to losing the war and be done with it.

The war will be lost regardless of how many troops get sent over there .. so he might just as well cut his losses and move on.

Bring our boys and girls home.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:25 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,906,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I think people are looking for leadership and a direction for the country, on the war, unemployment, the debt etc... and they are not finding any.
Yup .. we should have left the social worker in the welfare office where he belongs ..

Old 11-23-2009, 09:29 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,704,444 times
Trying to give Rasmussen Credibilty?

Old 11-23-2009, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Trying to give Rasmussen Credibilty?
You obviously didn't bother to read the link or you would have seen what the subject was and that Rasmussen seemed to be right in there with you lefties. Read that thing. I put it on here for people like you.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:31 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,918,398 times
sadly, it looks like obama is going for another quagmire since reports are indicating that he has plans on sending more troops in. i am extremely disappointed if he chooses to do this. not only that, but reports indicate he wants another tax to fund the troops. more insanity of course! i am hoping that these "reports" are incorrect.

it is interesting to note that an indecisive president and a volatile market help churn profits for those at the top.

Last edited by floridasandy; 11-24-2009 at 04:50 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies