Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2009, 06:08 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,749,721 times

Advertisements

Our president, whether intentionally or not, making it appear to be a holy war certainly didn't help matters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 06:10 PM

1,133 posts, read 713,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasuba View Post
Anti Arabian policies includes the welfare to Israel and as of right now the occupation of Iraq.
What a stooge thing to say Nasuba, you're better than that. How do we provide welfare to a free people such as the Israelis. It is a funny thing to me that the Israelis do not have the oil resources that the arabs have and yet they maintain a high standard of living.

With regard to Iraq. We are done with Iraq as far as pacification is concerned and as soon as the citizenry get it togeather to uphold a semblance of a democracy or at least a minimally not hostile government I assure you we have no interest there other than a fair price of oil which by the way we deserve.
Do you think the future of Iraq is better that we tossed the Bathists or would you rather the Bathists were in power?

Old 11-25-2009, 06:14 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,704,460 times
Quote:
America creates them, Americans have to deal with them....simple as that.

Americans want to dip a hand in that region with Israel then they should be ready to take on the full responsibility that comes along with it.
Oh, so you want appeasement? Do as I like, and you'll not have a problem with us?

Old 11-25-2009, 06:20 PM

351 posts, read 534,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
What a stooge thing to say Nasuba, you're better than that. How do we provide welfare to a free people such as the Israelis. It is a funny thing to me that the Israelis do not have the oil resources that the arabs have and yet they maintain a high standard of living.

With regard to Iraq. We are done with Iraq as far as pacification is concerned and as soon as the citizenry get it togeather to uphold a semblance of a democracy or at least a minimally not hostile government I assure you we have no interest there other than a fair price of oil which by the way we deserve.
Do you think the future of Iraq is better that we tossed the Bathists or would you rather the Bathists were in power?

The Ba'ath party Iraq was not perfect...but it is better than what Iraq has become. As soon as Americans leave(which will be never if you are waiting for a non hostile democratic government) it will turn into an Islamic fundamentalist government. Atleast with Ba'ath there was some seperation from fundamentalist, now since every Muslim brother looking to enter the kingdom of martyrdom is going there it will be Sharia as soon as americans leave.

Old 11-25-2009, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
Our president, whether intentionally or not, making it appear to be a holy war certainly didn't help matters.
Oh for crying out loud, where the helll did you go to school, Austin Pea?
I suppose it will take many years for people to understand the military logic for invading Iraq. It is so simple it evades those that chase their tales,(not saying that about you Lamplight). We put boots on the ground in the heart of the nest and it worked. It is such a simple concept and god forbid a hoard of leftist nimkabobs come on her with some idiotic rant that tries to negate that simple truth And it worked. God bless George Bush and company for all the wonderful results that will come from that effort. Provided of course the present morons in power do not negate it all, but that for another day.
Back to the topic there Nasuba ole boy.

Old 11-25-2009, 06:24 PM

Quote:
The Ba'ath party Iraq was not perfect...but it is better than what Iraq has become. As soon as Americans leave(which will be never if you are waiting for a non hostile democratic government) it will turn into an Islamic fundamentalist government. Atleast with Ba'ath there was some seperation from fundamentalist, now since every Muslim brother looking to enter the kingdom of martyrdom is going there it will be Sharia as soon as americans leave.
I do not believe that. I believe as George Bush believed that when men taste freedom they will fight to protect freedom. If we deliver on even a modest flavor of freedom the barbarians will not be able to shake it loose. Now let us stay on our original topic please. I want to hear all your notions of why America is responsible for the woes of the downtrodden Muslims. Please humor me.

Old 11-25-2009, 06:25 PM

351 posts, read 534,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
It is a holy war...dont get caught up in the rhetoric

This war may be for money and oil, but it is a war on Islam. The actions of Mr.Hasan was a clear sign of this.

Old 11-25-2009, 06:25 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,653,635 times
The new Christian past time is drawing attention to themselves, because other people don't find them to be terribly interesting or important. Now they have to invent a "war on Christmas." I'm hoping they all go to the North Pole to fight this war, so I can get my holiday shopping done in peace.

Old 11-25-2009, 06:27 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,704,460 times
Quote:
It is a holy war...dont get caught up in the rhetoric

This war may be for money and oil, but it is a war on Islam. The actions of Mr.Hasan was a clear sign of this.
It is a war on what (some) Islam did, and is still doing and planning on doing.

There are plenty of Muslims living peacefully in this country and elsewhere.

Old 11-25-2009, 06:28 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,749,721 times
Quote:
Oh for crying out loud, where the helll did you go to school, Austin Pea?
HOW DARE YOU SIR!

Quote:
I suppose it will take many years for people to understand the military logic for invading Iraq. It is so simple it evades those that chase their tales,(not saying that about you Lamplight). We put boots on the ground in the heart of the nest and it worked. It is such a simple concept and god forbid a hoard of leftist nimkabobs come on her with some idiotic rant that tries to negate that simple truth And it worked. God bless George Bush and company for all the wonderful results that will come from that effort. Provided of course the present morons in power do not negate it all, but that for another day.
Back to the topic there Nasuba ole boy.
I'm not saying that Bush did make it a holy war. In fact I'm pretty hesitant to believe he saw it that way. But when he would speak of terrorism and the Christian God, I can also see how to radical Muslims it may appear that he intended it to be a holy war. And BTW, at the time I supported Bush and the Iraq war (and was a Christian). But even then I was worried that some of his comments would be interpreted this way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies