Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 11:02 AM

221 posts, read 228,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Look them up yourself. US has declared bankruptcy several times before. I have no interest in another partisan bicker-party with a bunch of people whose sole aim is to promote their partisan views, and nothing else.
So whay you are saying is you have no proof!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2009, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
lol. Yeah, Obama doubling and tripling down on the deficit has nothing to do with it. You people are so dilusional.
It started way before Bush and it just keeps snowballing!

Old 11-30-2009, 11:11 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID65 View Post
I provided the years, so that anyone can do their own research at the sources of their own chooing. If you want to deny the whole thing, you are welcome to do so, but I am not going to get into another bicker-fest, where certain posters insist every ill is dems, or republican fault and that every link provided is from a biased source. Everyone knows how to google info, so they can google it themselves.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:11 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID65 View Post
I found proof for 1933, not the other two years. I would assume Finn is correct on the subject but he doesnt seem to want to talk about it..

Old 11-30-2009, 11:58 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
lol. Yeah, Obama doubling and tripling down on the deficit has nothing to do with it. You people are so dilusional.
The right gave Obama a blank check to do whatever he wanted to do because they didn't stop Bush from his spending sprees. If Bush's overspending was bad, why didn't the right complain enough to stop it? Apparently it was OK because it was Bush. If it's not Bush, then it's bad.

Delusional? Not when you try to find a possible source for the problem. Your blaming the flood of waters coming out of the dam on a the presence of a bigger hole rather than questioning what caused the first crack (and I realize Bush wasn't the initial cause, but he should not be made out to be innocent).

"You people" need to take off the partisan blinders and think rationally for a change.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:59 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
1971 US officially declared the non-convertibility of the U.S. dollar into gold. This is same as declaring bankruptcy because it is an admission that we were unable to maintain our debt, so we changed the monetary system and the Bretton Woods agreement instead. Nixon made the announcement under state of national emergency and Congress didn't have much say in the matter. We told the world that we'll pay what we owe, but we're going to print the money and devalue its worth before we do. In four years we had devalued the dollar by 35%, and it has not slowed down since then.

Old 11-30-2009, 01:41 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,632,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverOne View Post
Porter Stansberry - The bankruptcy of the United States is now certain#

A little straight talk on the US bankruptcy.....

Financially and morally bankrupt.

Old 11-30-2009, 02:05 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
This lackadaisical attitude was prevalent with the making 45K a year but bought a 500K home set.
Who cares.
People need to take individual responsibility for their actions.
I wouldn't worry too much about the U.S.A. going bankrupt, we have plenty to sell or trade to the Chinese.
Collateral, Pennsylvania Turnpike, Ohio Toll Road, Illinois Toll Road, Oklahoma Toll Road, Shipping Ports, Land In the Everglades,........

Old 11-30-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I provided the years, so that anyone can do their own research at the sources of their own chooing. If you want to deny the whole thing, you are welcome to do so, but I am not going to get into another bicker-fest, where certain posters insist every ill is dems, or republican fault and that every link provided is from a biased source. Everyone knows how to google info, so they can google it themselves.
In post 22 I agree with you. This started way before Bush and Clinton. They've just helped move it along!

Old 11-30-2009, 02:11 PM

1,461 posts, read 1,529,180 times
Bush made it certain. Under Clinton, the national debt was starting to be paid down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies